Paranoid Or Prudent?

nocturn

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have 4 cards. 1 Thai & 3 UK bank cards.

There is always one UK card in my wallet because you never know when some urgent cash my be needed and I refuse to have too much floating about in a Thai bank - but that is just me :)

I do put my other 2 cards somewhere safe and only ever lock up my cards and money if I have a lady coming round for the night. Then again I do not live in a condo and my house is pretty secure.

To carry a dummy wallet does seem extreme. Why not simply carry your wallet in a pocket that is less likely to be picked? In all my years in Thailand I have never had a wallet stolen though I did have money taken one night by a lady who slept over.

Each to their own though.

There is always one UK card in my wallet because you never know when some urgent cash my be needed and I refuse to have too much floating about in a Thai bank - but that is just me smile.png

I do put my other 2 cards somewhere safe and only ever lock up my cards and money if I have a lady coming round for the night. Then again I do not live in a condo and my house is pretty secure.

To carry a dummy wallet does seem extreme. Why not simply carry your wallet in a pocket that is less likely to be picked? In all my years in Thailand I have never had a wallet stolen though I did have money taken one night by a lady who slept over.

doesn't sound like much of a lady to me!

anyways,the precautions described above do seem to me to be excessive, verging on phobic if not actually paranoid.

seems to me a little care and attention would go along way to alleviate most risk in these situations

There is always one UK card in my wallet because you never know when some urgent cash my be needed and I refuse to have too much floating about in a Thai bank - but that is just me smile.png

doesn't sound like much of a lady to me!

anyways,the precautions described above do seem to me to be excessive, verging on phobic if not actually paranoid.

seems to me a little care and attention would go along way to alleviate most risk in these situations

Maybe I should have said, 'lady'. ;)

I put my walet in my front pocket, if I'm in crowded areas I put my hands in my front pockets....pickpocket problem solved! I thought that was common knowledge, I picked it up when I first moved to the big city when I was a wee lad.

I do keep a couple credit cards at the home or in the hotel safe when I'm traveling. That way if I do lose my walet I have a backup.