THAI Reports Over 3 Billion Baht Profit In Q1

webfact

THAI reports THB3 bil profit in Q1

BANGKOK, 14 May 2012 (NNT) – Thai Airways International Public Co., Ltd. has reported an increase in its first quarterly profit, which stands at 3.64 billion baht, while adjusting its strategies to deal with the rising fuel price and fierce competition.

Thai Airways President Piyasvasti Amranand has disclosed that the national carrier has made a net profit of 3.64 billion baht during the first quarter of 2012, thanks to the increased foreigner influx into the country following the end of the flood crisis.

Even though the rising fuel price and the fierce market competition at present are still impacting the company’s overall performance, Thai Airways has responded by improving its services, adjusting ticket sales strategies, as well as modifying flight schedules, routes and frequencies, in order to correspond to the passengers’ needs.

During the first three months of 2012, Thai Airways saw a total passenger count of 5.16 million, a Revenue passenger kilometer (RPK) of 15.6 billion/km, and 78.2% in cabin factor.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-05-14 footer_n.gif

A staggering 120 MILLION US$ PROFIT within a three-month period? I'd say it's be about time that THAI decreased its outrageously expensive ticket prices (compared to other regional carriers).

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

A staggering 120 MILLION US$ PROFIT within a three-month period? I'd say it's be about time that THAI decreased its outrageously expensive ticket prices (compared to other regional carriers).

I somehow doubt that.....I am surprised if they make profit at all.

If you were running a business, where the customers were willing to pay the price, you were asking would you decrease the price, I think that the cabinfactor of 78.2%, tells that TG is doing a very good job in a very difficult market. To all you barstool economic experts I suggest you have a look at www.settrade.com, where you can see all the numbers for Q112. Not as funny as oneliners with a Thaibashing, but as Thai is a public company the numbers are there to see for everyone !!
  • Like 1

If you were running a business, where the customers were willing to pay the price, you were asking would you decrease the price, I think that the cabinfactor of 78.2%, tells that TG is doing a very good job in a very difficult market. To all you barstool economic experts I suggest you have a look at www.settrade.com, where you can see all the numbers for Q112. Not as funny as oneliners with a Thaibashing, but as Thai is a public company the numbers are there to see for everyone !!

Thai bashers make me wanna cry. i wish they'd stop saying means things. It makes me feel sad when they slag off a big business like an airline company. How dare they!

Unless I'm reading the financial statements incorrectly, which is entirely possible, it appears that for 2011 that they also started the year well with a 618 million baht profit .... yet they ended 2011 with a 10 billion baht loss, with 5 billion+ of that lost in the last quarter of 2011. Maybe Quarter 1 is the magic quarter. If they can make 7 Billion more this year, maybe they can cover their 2011 losses.

Anyone who believes this nonsense should dig a hole and bury themselves.

+1...Good idea.

Was a miss-quote - should have read 'loss' not 'profit

that would make sense

Like always.... AMAZING THAILAND whistling.gif

Now it is: MIRACLE THAILAND...

Thai with a master degree in English had no clew you can't put these 2 words together? My english is far from perfect but c'mon it even sounds horrible sad.png

Make a profit at all? That was the profit they made on my return flight to London!!wub.png

Oh, and 120 million will hardly buy a new plane!!

Thai bashers make me wanna cry. i wish they'd stop saying means things. It makes me feel sad when they slag off a big business like an airline company. How dare they!

Because they have no idea of how a big Company works (or costs to run). 120 million $ profit on their capital investment is a splash in the ocean!!!

that would make sense

Do you really think that figures are accurately recorded in your home Country? Look at the figures and loan portfolio with the latest western banking scandal?

A staggering 120 MILLION US$ PROFIT within a three-month period? What planet are you living on? I used to work (before retiring) for a well known International Company with offices here in Thailand. About 15 years ago they had 18 BILLION in cash with no investment ideas for it, it was refunded to shareholders. A staggering 120 MILLION US$ PROFIT? Total rubbish!!!!

Edited by BrianCR

Make a profit at all? That was the profit they made on my return flight to London!!wub.png

Then why on earth did you pay it? Plenty of other options are available. I would love to be `patriotic` and fly THAI, but not for what they are currently charging...As a norm, before some of you start.

Well traveling to Europe you cannot beat Etihad or Qatar for prices, brilliant service, and the Etihad economy seats have features normally only found in business class. Thai still have drop down TV's on some of their long haul aircraft. The ONLY advantage of Thai is a nonstop flight, but to be honest a 1hr 20 min leg stretch in Abu Dhabi airport is a welcome break on a 12 hour flight time journey. Seems the Sweedy Chef has been cooking the books. A 5 billion loss in the last quarter to a 3 billion profit in this one does raise some serious questions. What has happened in operating procedures or costs to generate an 8 billion baht difference in 3 months?

that would make sense

Like always.... AMAZING THAILAND whistling.gif

What a bunch of whingers! Congratulations to Thai Airways for making a profit. That's what business is all about. If you don't like the airfares fly Garuda!