Real Teachers In Thailand

A friend of mine received an email from a company called "Real Teachers in Thailand" warning him of an apparent Child molesting teacher, who is also wanted for somehow making a business go bankrupt.

Here is a copy as per the rules names have been removed and picture as well

Dear HR Manager;

My name is xxxxxxx and I am a manager at the Bangkok branch of Real Teachers in Thailand, a relatively new watchdog company that specializes in finding false or illegal educators in Bangkok - and warning schools of their presence.

The above picture is that of xxxxxxxx, a British National who has been pretending to be a legitimate teacher in Bangkok for many years.

Our records show that his resume is falsified and although he only holds a two year degree in finance, his resume reflects that he is qualified at a master's level. This man is responsible for the closure of one institution by undermining the authority of the owner and headmaster and causing the loss of a lucrative contract with Mahidol University. He has also been fired from elementary schools for child abuse and unprofessional conduct, therefor he currently only teaches adults.

His modus operandi is simple: He always accepts contracts from corporate training divisions of local educational institutions that pay five to seven hundred Thai Bt. per hour; he then plays the part of a punctual / well dressed teacher - until he is observed instructing, or is evaluated by students who complain - and he is then dismissed promptly.

Our records also show that there has recently been an action filed against him with the labor department which is based on the fact that he has several contracts with private schools while serving for the Royal Thai Navy on a government work permit. These schools will soon be liable to pay a fine of one to three hundred thousand Thai Bt., depending on the outcome of the case.

It is our recommendation that you DO NOT HIRE Mr. xxxxxx, and if you currently have him in your employ, to dismiss him promptly and contact the Royal Thai Labor Department to inform them of this action.

If you have any questions concerning this man or any other's suspected of being false or illegal teachers, or have any information you would like to pass on to us about like practitioners – feel free to send me

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Is it a business owner trying to get back at this guy or what?

Any information or thoughts are most welcome

Edited by beano2274

If he's guilty of what he's accused of, then he totally needs to be hung out to dry. What seems strange to me is that if 'He has also been fired from elementary schools for child abuse,' how come he is still in the country? If such accusations are true, I am sure he would have been dealt with by both the Thai and British authorities.

If this is a case of someone with an axe to grind, well, it's a character assasination of the worst kind.

Whether or not he's guilty, a company called Real Teachers in Thailand.....hmmmmmwhistling.gif

I've just done a google search for the company Real Teachers in Thailand.I can't find a mention of it anywhere.

Maybe someone else might have better luck with a search, but the fact I can't find a reference to it anywhere is causing me to more doubt the letter's authenticity.

I don't expect you to publish the email addy on here, but from what address did your friend receive the letter from?

Was it a legit company name or something like [email protected]?

Edited by LucidLucifer

Nowhere in this letter does it say anything about him "molesting" children. It says child abuse. There is a huge difference. You might want to edit your OP.

As to it's authenticity, I don't know, but I sincerely hope not, as their time would be wasted until the Thai themselves get serious about education.

Sent from my Android using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by happysanook

Nowhere in this letter does it say anything about him "molesting" children. It says child abuse. There is a huge difference. You might want to edit your OP.

You're absolutely correct.

People will jump to conclusions about what child abuse constitutes and will immediately presume it is sexual abuse. Whatever kind of abuse it was, if it was genuine, it is abhorrent.

I don't have any doubt the original author of the letter intended for people to presume the worse, and with that, he has succeeded.

Edited by LucidLucifer

just to add the email address to reply to was indeed a hotmail account.

I think someone with an axe to grind, but surely if I knew the guy I could tell me and if they traced the real originator then it could spell big trouble for someone.

If this is someone or some organization trying to railroad a person, they take the cake.

On the other hand, if this man has been accused of child abuse and being a lousy teacher, how does he continue to find work? What do his references say about him?

Whatever the case, this is a weird letter indeed.

That new 'watchdog' agency is certainly skating on thin ice with regard to the Thai defamation law.

(I am assuming, of course, that those working for the agency all have a work permit covering their work).

That new 'watchdog' agency is certainly skating on thin ice with regard to the Thai defamation law.

(I am assuming, of course, that those working for the agency all have a work permit covering their work).

You're in the know Scott. Have you actually heard of them before?

My internet search turned up a bit fat zilch.

Sounds fishier to me by the minute.

Unless it is some extremely perverse kind of Branson-esque publicity stunt to get their name out there.

If it isn't true, I really do feel for the guy who's getting his name and professional reputation slandered in this way.

Edited by LucidLucifer

As I said to my friend who passed this on to me, "How could this company (if it is one) get information pertaining to the credentials for teachers? Surely there is some kind of privacy rule here.

Technically, they cannot gain access to this information. The only people who would have oversight responsibility for foreign employees would be Immigration, the MOE and the M.O. Labor. To a lesser extent the Thai Teacher's council would have access.

A watchdog organization could only obtain information if it were voluntarily supplied by schools. I very much doubt that Thai schools would agree to do this on a very wide basis.

I would be very, very surprised if this organization has any legal standing. I would not be the least bit surprised if it was violating a number of Thai laws.

The opinion being that this company is fake, makes me want to actually use names to get a wider coverage and also maybe help this guy who is being named in this email to do something about it.

Maybe even print the email of the person who released this email and the intials of the poor teacher, if he is really one,\!!!!!!!

The opinion being that this company is fake, makes me want to actually use names to get a wider coverage and also maybe help this guy who is being named in this email to do something about it.

Maybe even print the email of the person who released this email and the intials of the poor teacher, if he is really one,\!!!!!!!

If you have the return email address, why don't you do your own surreptitious investigation (keep us informed though thumbsup.gif ) Say you're in recruitment or something, and are interested in what services they can provide (they are supposed to be a company after all), and any other information they have about 'rogue' teachers. See what info you get back. It will soon become clear if they are genuine or not (most likely not).

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an email to the address on the original email, nothing back except for an email asking me to be friends with a Thai person on Linkedin, the person is a Sales and Marketing guy, who I do not know at all.