Making The Move To Either Hong Kong Or Singapore

Hi All,

I've been in Thailand for over three years now and I am considering picking up sticks to move to either Hong Kong or Singapore.

At present I am working within a company and not teaching so I would really like to hear from anyone with experience within the job marketing in either countries, is there alot of red tape is it better to move there first or find a company to sponsor the move etc.

Any feedback would be much apprehicated.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

I've been in Thailand for over three years now and I am considering picking up sticks to move to either Hong Kong or Singapore.

At present I am working within a company and not teaching so I would really like to hear from anyone with experience within the job marketing in either countries, is there alot of red tape is it better to move there first or find a company to sponsor the move etc.

Many Thanks

According to a few posters here all the best expat jobs in Thailand are taken by the Masons :D . I suppose that must be the case for the rest of Asia as well. Maybe contact a local Masonic Lodge in HK or Singapore. :D Trip has a wealth of info on the Black Cult. :o

Hi All,

Many Thanks

According to a few posters here all the best expat jobs in Thailand are taken by the Masons :D . I suppose that must be the case for the rest of Asia as well. Maybe contact a local Masonic Lodge in HK or Singapore. :D Trip has a wealth of info on the Black Cult. :o

Hey, how did I get brought up into this? The world over, the key to making strides is through the people you know. This applies in Asia as much as anywhere. If you know no one, then you will just have to hit the grindstone and do your due diligence like everyone else and subject yourself to the awful, painful and humiliating challenge of finding a job that suits you. Good luck!

Can only speak for Hong Kong. If you want to get a job there, the company that employs you has to sponsor you. To sponsor you, they have to prove to the immigration office that you can do a job that the a HKer can't. It could be a unique skill / experience you have, a language skill (though NB a lot of HKers can speak English extremely well). Am not sure what kind of job you are looking for...

I think he was referring to my post in another thread Mr Illuminati:). But what I said is true, the Masons do control the bulk of the top expat positions in BKK. Did you know that the US ambassador to Thailand is a 32nd Degree Mason?.

Hi All,

Many Thanks

Hey, how did I get brought up into this? The world over, the key to making strides is through the people you know. This applies in Asia as much as anywhere. If you know no one, then you will just have to hit the grindstone and do your due diligence like everyone else and subject yourself to the awful, painful and humiliating challenge of finding a job that suits you. Good luck!