England Squad Confirmed

LucidLucifer

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is poor Roy suffering from 'stockholm syndrome'?

How else can you explain the apparently bizarre act of selecting so many average players from a mid table premiership team?wink.png

I think he has the onset of Alzheimer's disease, might explain why he has picked some of the players he cannot remember how bad they are.

well apart from the fact that hodgson didn't sign or manage any of carroll, downing and henderson at liverpool you're all spot on. well done.

and i wasn't aware that those he did manage, gerrard and johnson, had suddenly become bad players.

• Like 1

"It is not a holiday destination and the question is how do you spend the days between the games

Kevin Smiles

Football Supporters Federation"

Phuking philistine

Typical football supporter/journo type comment. What he means is, it is not a holiday destination for lager-swilling hanky-wearing chicken nugget-eating numpties like me!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

"It is not a holiday destination and the question is how do you spend the days between the games"

Phuking philistine

Typical football supporter/journo type comment. What he means is it is not a holiday destination for lager-swilling hanky-wearing burger-eating numpties like me!

I will be enjoying a few beers and some local culture in the Mediterranean sunshine.smile.png Enjoy your holidays as well chaps! Don't get arrested or anything now...whistling.gif

Downing is an incredibly unpopular player on this thread, yet 3 managers have picked him. He looks very busy to me, keeps possession well, and his crosses are pretty good.

Personally, now these injuries have happened, I'd like to see the youngsters used too, so bring on Carroll, Henderson, Jones, and Oxlade Chamberlain wherever possible. If nothing else they should be fit and strong and that is important in these tournaments. And they are not so naive either, to a man they play for the top clubs in the EPL regularly.

If nothng else, we have a superb goalkeeper, and an enviable backline.

Downing is an incredibly unpopular player on this thread, yet 3 managers have picked him.

It's worse than that, he's made squads picked by Eriksson, McClaren, Capello, Pearce and now Hodgson.

Is that a reflection of a succession of poor managers, his talent or a lack of options on the left?

Personally, i'd be inclined to say it was the former and the latter reasons. To use the words Stuart Downing and talented in the same sentence would be an oxymoron.

How else can you explain the apparently bizarre act of selecting so many average players from a mid table premiership team?wink.png

I cant see that he has much to choose from.

Hart in goal..,Cole left back..,Cahill centreback...now from the few decent players left you can choose 22 from say 50.

The 'pot' for choosing from is bare,so you hedge by picking former 'failed' players...unless you look to the future and pick youngsters and stay with them...hopefully in time for the World Cup.

I cant see that he has much to choose from.

Hart in goal..,Cole left back..,Cahill centreback...now from the few decent players left you can choose 22 from say 50.

The 'pot' for choosing from is bare,so you hedge by picking former 'failed' players...unless you look to the future and pick youngsters and stay with them...hopefully in time for the World Cup.

your right, am underwhelmed with the squad, for the first time ever going into any championships I have no expectations whatsoever. I will continue to hope though.

when a raft of players come from mid table mediocre teams it can only mean one thing.sad.png

for the first time ever going into any championships I have no expectations whatsoever.

I genuinely admire the optimism you have shown in previous tournaments......thumbsup.gif

when a raft of players come from mid table mediocre teams it can only mean one thing.sad.png

My turn to be optimistic.....does that mean we will do a Greece/Denmark and win it?.....unsure.png

• Like 1

for the first time ever going into any championships I have no expectations whatsoever.

I genuinely admire the optimism you have shown in previous tournaments......thumbsup.gif

My turn to be optimistic.....does that mean we will do a Greece/Denmark and win it?.....unsure.png

I greatly admire your current optimism which tops any previous tourney optimism that I may ever have had.

I do hope sowai.gif

Downing is an incredibly unpopular player on this thread, yet 3 managers have picked him. He looks very busy to me, keeps possession well, and his crosses are pretty good.

downing's just had a rubbish season and he shows no desire or guts whatsoever. the best thing about his inclusion in the england squad is that last season he played ok when in an england shirt. for liverpool he was garbage, and gutless garbage at that.

Wonderful victory.....you must be bubbling with excitement....eh!...what! biggrin.png

England can't keep possession, we stand little or no chance, we're the new Norway, in fact last week we out-negged Norway, that takes some doing.

And a big question mark over Cahill too!!

That push on Cahill was downright dangerous and cowardly. I hope there is some mechanism whereby Uefa can ban the player that did it.

You would never see that in an England v Scotland match.

Wonderful victory.....you must be bubbling with excitement....eh!...what! biggrin.png

A wins a win! The most positive aspect is that we are not conceding goals.

You must be excited too....who's match is your linesman doing first at the finals? laugh.png

History will show we won it, and that is what is important.

For me, i'm quite liking the way we're winning matches. I normally watch England games hanging on tenterhooks, chain smoking and biting my nails.

I'm planning to give up the fags over the next month, and i'm so completely unexcited and uninspired by the way things are at the moment, watching England games could be good for my health. I'm expecting nothing, and getting nothing, so my nerves remain unfrayed.

Lovely through ball and finish for the goal though....you've gotta admit that Smokie, surely?

You must be excited too....who's match is your linesman doing first at the finals? laugh.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by LucidLucifer

Hopefully the France match mate. biggrin.png

History will show we won it, and that is what is important.

For me, i'm quite liking the way we're winning matches. I normally watch England games hanging on tenterhooks, chain smoking and biting my nails.

I'm planning to give up the fags over the next month, and i'm so completely unexcited and uninspired by the way things are at the moment, watching England games could be good for my health. I'm expecting nothing, and getting nothing, so my nerves remain unfrayed.

Lovely through ball and finish for the goal though....you've gotta admit that Smokie, surely?

Yes it was a good goal...although I had to be prodded awake to watch the replay. laugh.png

Hopefully the France match mate. biggrin.png

I don't know why but i think we will get something out og the france game. Sure they are a better side but i think Roy will do a good job in stiffling them. They will get frustrated. I also doubt they will like Carroll in their faces for ninety minutes.

Just to reiterate smokie, i'm not saying we will win the tournament or that we are the best team ever, just that i think we will get something out of the France game.

Hope thats ok with you bitter ole sweaties!!!!

I think yesterday is as good as it gets for your lot carms....you might scrape through the group stage...but I doubt it! biggrin.png

So you agree with the rest of us on here then. thumbsup.gif

Yes but I am grinning as I write. laugh.png

I hate to disappoint you but we don't have the expectation to be upset by an early exit. Surely you must have gathered this by now. rolleyes.gif

I think yesterday is as good as it gets for your lot carms....you might scrape through the group stage...but I doubt it! biggrin.png

So you agree with the rest of us on here then. thumbsup.gif

Yes but I am grinning as I write. laugh.png

I hate to disappoint you but we don't have the expectation to be upset by an early exit. Surely you must have gathered this by now. rolleyes.gif

Don't kid yourself mate. I see a poster calling himself StGeorge....just as an example.

I'm baking lots of humble pie next week....lotsa slices for those guys! clap2.gif

I'm baking lots of humble pie next week....lotsa slices for those guys! clap2.gif

Are you willing to eat some yourself on the off chance we do do well?

He's out with the fairies lucifer! I don't understand the humble pie bit and i hate seeing food go to waste!

Are you willing to eat some yourself on the off chance we do do well?

He's out with the fairies lucifer! I don't understand the humble pie bit and i hate seeing food go to waste!

Diet and exercise leads to a healthy outlook on life chaps. No pie for me! smile.png