England Squad Confirmed

LucidLucifer

but there again he looks a miles better option than what.s coming from our stand by's.

that's the bit I don't understand.

Yeah,but looking at the bench, I honestly dont think that hodgson expected ANY of them to go, Although i'm sure he will say otherwise. But is there any other team that's had such piss poor luck with injuries, one you could sort of expect but 3,,<deleted>. picking the stand byes imo was sort of ticking a box, exercise, give the young ones some experience, Dont suppose he will be repeating that little exercise in hurry again.

Getting the excuses in early won't work rij...rolleyes.gif

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Einstein not....the furor caused by Hodgson in not wanting to have Rio In the squad and not being honest about it to him at the start(the real reasons)Terry has yet again undermined the England squad because of these allegations and should be the one that is not going to the finals.

Kelly being picked ahead of Richards is a complete joke never mind Ferdinand.

And incidentally i would not of picked Rio on footballing reasons and i stated that before but the way Hodgson and the FA have done this is wrong and deserves the backlash they get.

Hope you understand now Einstein!

I agree Mr Red, Terry should not be there and Ferdinand should. Can you imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room if they were both there. Given the fact that Terry is on trial for racist slurs and given the fact that they are playing in the racist Ukraine, he should not have been considered in my opinion.

Not forgetting a trial against Rio's brother!!

fuc_kin joke the lot of them and Smokie you should understand being a sweaty ;-)

Fair point and they are a joke. Time for a clear out after the Euro's me thinks.

OK Einstein not....the furor caused by Hodgson in not wanting to have Rio In the squad and not being honest about it to him at the start(the real reasons)Terry has yet again undermined the England squad because of these allegations and should be the one that is not going to the finals.

And incidentally i would not of picked Rio on footballing reasons and i stated that before but the way Hodgson and the FA have done this is wrong and deserves the backlash they get.

Ferdinand is not the player he once was, and is prone to injury, so there are sound reasons for not selecting him. When a senior player has been injured, Hodgson has replaced with a rookie/newbie, so I think the general plan has been to go with the big names unless the situation dictates otherwise; and it certainly has.

Publicly of course the expression is shock, but I wonder whether bad luck has instigated what was going to happen in a couple of months anyway.

It is very disconcerting to me that England can not hold on to the ball. Given that they were able to do this for long spells under Capello, you wonder whether the tactics are right. I think general fatigue may be playing a part as it always seems to do for England this time of the year, it just seemed to me the Belgians were a split second faster at getting their toe in, whereas most England midfielders looked sluggish.

England have a great defence, a very good attack, but the midfield looks in such disarray that I doubt we can progress beyond the first round. I hope Hodgson can find an answer, or maybe the players will rally.

I agree that Ferdinand is not the player he once was,that is not the point here at all.

Hodgson,Terry and the FA is the point.

It actually stinks that he said it was for footballing reasons(originally) and then overlooks Richards who can play at centre back and has played very well this season for City...Kelly !!! <deleted> over them both is nearing on racism in itself and they have the audacity to tell the host countries to get there house in order as regards to racist fans....

Personally I wouldnt have had either Terry or Ferdinand in the squad (which I think is also what Mr Red is suggesting.)

As I understand it, when Richards was not included in the original squad (presumably because he is more of a wing back), he refused to make himself available as a 'stand-by'. Kelly was prepared to make himself available as a 'stand-by' so when a stand-by was needed he was called upon. I think it was as simple as that.

Personally I wouldnt have had either Terry or Ferdinand in the squad (which I think is also what Mr Red is suggesting.)

As I understand it, when Richards was not included in the original squad (presumably because he is more of a wing back), he refused to make himself available as a 'stand-by'. Kelly was prepared to make himself available as a 'stand-by' so when a stand-by was needed he was called upon. I think it was as simple as that.

this. would people stop bleating about richards being overlooked? he removed himself from potential callup.

also anyone who still thinks that roy left out ferdinand for footballing reasons - are you interested in buying a bridge?

First I've heard about that. Have you got a link?

First I've heard about that. Have you got a link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/hodgson-accused-of-total-lack-of-respect-over-rio-7814730.html

Grauniad and others say the same.

So seen as we have used 3 of the named standby players we have 2 left Sturridge and Johnson...why has he not named more standby players as UEFA rules state you can change players who are injured up until the Tournament begins.

The question remains why he didn't name Rio as a standby?? even now he still hasn't! was Rio asked to be a standby?

And why we now have no defensive or midfield standbys named with still a week to go?

England trying to cover there tracks are not very good at it are they.

No not really, Admittedly The fa were clumsy in the initial handling of the terry allegations, after all our justice system is innocent until proven guilty, it now could be v strongly argued that terry has already been punished for something that's unproven and the FA's clumsiness cost them a manager. Capello didn't use Ferdinand and it wasn't a big issue.Why should Hodgson now be held to account?. Hodgson has picked youngsters for the stand by crew, his choice, not that I'm particulary impressed with his choice, ? So where the respect and undermining is going on is from the papers and media looking to make a story as it s all quite on the footballing front, and consequently, the expected idiots are biting

Edited by rijit

Rijit

I thought you would of said King.

Of course it is a hypothetical question that due to his hamstring could very well come true,then Hodgson's stance with the FA will be put to the sword won't it.

Edited by MrRed

Rijit

I thought you would of said King.

Of course it is a hypothetical question that due to his hamstring could very well come true,then Hodgson's stance with the FA will be put to the sword won't it.

Mate, Ive been slated left right and centre about my opinion of king, I don't even think he should be in the Tottenham squad let alone the England squad. But if you want a 'Tottenham punt' our boy Caulker at Swansea has had a good season.

No not really, Admittedly The fa were clumsy in the initial handling of the terry allegations, after all our justice system is innocent until proven guilty, it now could be v strongly argued that terry has already been punished for something that's unproven and the FA's clumsiness cost them a manager. Capello didn't use Ferdinand and it wasn't a big issue.Why should Hodgson now be held to account?. Hodgson has picked youngsters for the stand by crew, his choice, not that I'm particulary impressed with his choice, ? So where the respect and undermining is going on is from the papers and media looking to make a story as it s all quite on the footballing front, and consequently, the expected idiots are biting

I totally agree, it's Hodgson's job to make footballing decisions, and he's doing it based on form and fitness as far as I can see. If the FA management or UK courts make decisions that effect a player's availability so be it, but that is really not his concern, let alone predict what any furure outcome might be. One defender is there because he is (was) fit and in good form, and the other not for opposite reasons. Where's the controversy in that?

france are having similar injury problems to england ahead of the opening match. they've lost yann m'vila and blaise matuidi from their central midfield for the first match at least.

That's good to hear. Are their replacements also players that have hardly played all season in a mid-table team?

• Like 1

france are having similar injury problems to england ahead of the opening match. they've lost yann m'vila and blaise matuidi from their central midfield for the first match at least.

That's good to hear. Are their replacements also players that have hardly played all season in a mid-table team?

biggrin.png

well one of them is yohan cabaye, so no. the other is alou diarra, the marseille player who has captained france under blanc's tenure.

was that another of those funny cracks about england having called up half a dozen liverpool players?

was that another of those funny cracks about england having called up half a dozen liverpool players?

Nooooo.......I wouldn't stoop so low, don't be so paranoid.

And even if it was, It's half a dozen more players than have been called up from my team.

well one of them is yohan cabaye, so no. the other is alou diarra, the marseille player who has captained france under blanc's tenure.

Did you fall out of bed the wrong side this morning?