Carl'S Jr.

arkom

I heard that Carl's Jr. supposedly opened two branches May 15th, one in Thaniya Plaza in Silom and another at 24th Avenue Sukhumvit, next to The Davis.

Just curious if anyone knows if this is true and if so are they open yet?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at one of the posts and they said scheduled to open May 15, was in Silom a couple days ago but couldn't find them anywhere.

Who cares, they become Thai style food which is pretty bad anyways just like MD BK KFC, etc.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems that all the fast food places use the same crappy beef in Thailand, so I don't have much hope that it will be any better than the others. I used to really enjoy Burger King beef in the USA, but it is the same beef as McDonald's here and pretty tasteless.

Carl's Junior in the US is pretty good, but I am not expecting much.

Unfortunately, it seems that all the fast food places use the same crappy beef in Thailand, so I don't have much hope that it will be any better than the others. I used to really enjoy Burger King beef in the USA, but it is the same beef as McDonald's here and pretty tasteless.

I agree, but it couldn't be worse than McDonald's!!

I don't know that I would describe what McD uses in their burgers as "meat". More like some vile experiment in chemical additives that went wrong and turned a nation into obese, grease obsessed zombies.

• Like 2

I don't know that I would describe what McD uses in their burgers as "meat". More like some vile experiment in chemical additives that went wrong and turned a nation into obese, grease obsessed zombies.

There are no chemical additives in McDonalds patties. And it is a lack of exercise and education on nutrition that turned the Yanks into fatties.

• Like 2

I've been wanting to buy a double western bacon cheeseburger with criss cut fries in Bangkok for years so I've been very excited to hear a Carl's Jr is opening up. I thought they were supposed to open on the 15th too but I haven't heard anything about it. I don't live near Silom so I don't want to take a trip down and find out it isn't open so I've been waiting for reports online but no one seems to know anything.

Carl's Jr. six dollar burger (costs around 4 bucks however just a name) is the best fast food burger out there at least here in the states. The shakes, etc. are excellent as well.

Is it better than Double Big Mac?

Is it better than Triple Whopper?

I've been wanting to buy a double western bacon cheeseburger with criss cut fries in Bangkok for years so I've been very excited to hear a Carl's Jr is opening up. I thought they were supposed to open on the 15th too but I haven't heard anything about it. I don't live near Silom so I don't want to take a trip down and find out it isn't open so I've been waiting for reports online but no one seems to know anything.

I have also been waiting for a double western cheeseburger in Bangkok.

I did find an email for them, was told that Pattaya would open first next month followed by Bangkok. However they could not tell me timeframe.

There are no chemical additives in McDonalds patties. And it is a lack of exercise and education on nutrition that turned the Yanks into fatties.

About 30 seconds on google says your wrong. whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

About 30 seconds on google says your wrong. whistling.gif

Would you mind sharing which chemical additives McDonalds puts in its meat patties, as I couldn't find any since they dropped ammonium hydroxide. I would be interested to know if there are others.

On a lighter note I went to The Burger Factory on ekkamai soi 10 today and it was faaaaabulous. Great burger. Will be going back on Friday.

Why do Americans give such odd names to their restautants?

Carl's Jr doesn't make any sense. Carl Jr's does.

Ruths Chris Steakhouse is another example. Seriously, that has to be the most ridiculous and hard to pronounce name out there. Wouldn't Ruths suffice?

Ruths Chris Steakhouse is another example. Seriously, that has to be the most ridiculous and hard to pronounce name out there. Wouldn't Ruths suffice?

Each one has its own story.

Carl's Jr used to be Carl's then they went for smaller fast food joints, thus Carl's Jr

Ruth's Chris was because Ruth's restaurant bought Chris steakhouse. Ipso facto, lipso smackto ...

I don't really see either as remarkably odd.

Booeymonger? Maybe.

Edited by Jingthing

in 1971 there was a 'Carl's' just a few steps away from where I lived at me mum's apartment in Fullerton CA and I stayed away because of the foul smell of stale grease...but later I happened to have one of their burgers and it was quite good with high quality ingredients and a nice presentation...but normally I stayed away as high school aged middle class hooligans used their parking lot as a hang out...but there was a liquor store next door where I often went to buy beer...

Carl's Jr. six dollar burger (costs around 4 bucks however just a name) is the best fast food burger out there at least here in the states. The shakes, etc. are excellent as well.

Is it better than Double Big Mac?

Is it better than Triple Whopper?

Yes and Yes. That is if you get the same beef in Thailand as you do in the US.

According to their Facebook page, the first Carl's Jr will be opening in Pattaya on June 05. No info posted about Bangkok locations yet

Their Facebook updates are really bad, first they said the openings for all locations would be May 15. But when the date came a few people went to Silom only to find that they weren't open yet. Some people did ask them on Facebook, if they were still opening, but didn't reply until yesterday that it was delayed.

The Suk 24 location supposed to open in July, followed my Silom in August. I just wish they would update their Facebook accurately more frequently.

I have also been waiting for a double western cheeseburger in Bangkok.

I did find an email for them, was told that Pattaya would open first next month followed by Bangkok. However they could not tell me timeframe.

And only 1216 calories per serving bah.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am not judging others, but fast food burgers are one of the things I don't miss about the West. I am glad for those who want a Carl Jr's that there will be that option - but with KFC / Pizza Hut / Starbucks / McDonalds on every block - Thailand is starting to be indistinguishable from any city in the U.S. - not my idea of paradise.

• Like 2

Each one has its own story.

Carl's Jr used to be Carl's then they went for smaller fast food joints, thus Carl's Jr

Ruth's Chris was because Ruth's restaurant bought Chris steakhouse. Ipso facto, lipso smackto ...

I don't really see either as remarkably odd.

Booeymonger? Maybe.

Ah, Booeymongers! I haven't been to one of those for a long, long time!

I am not judging others, but fast food burgers are one of the things I don't miss about the West. I am glad for those who want a Carl Jr's that there will be that option - but with KFC / Pizza Hut / Starbucks / McDonalds on every block - Thailand is starting to be indistinguishable from any city in the U.S. - not my idea of paradise.

Thailand is a city?