Carl'S Jr.

arkom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl's Jr. six dollar burger (costs around 4 bucks however just a name) is the best fast food burger out there at least here in the states. The shakes, etc. are excellent as well.

I was in Carl JR's in Pattaya this week and got chatting to an American guy at the counter, he also said that the six dollar burgers are the best burgers, but unfortunately they do not have them.

I am not judging others, but fast food burgers are one of the things I don't miss about the West. I am glad for those who want a Carl Jr's that there will be that option - but with KFC / Pizza Hut / Starbucks / McDonalds on every block - Thailand is starting to be indistinguishable from any city in the U.S. - not my idea of paradise.

I don't like what is happening to Bangkok. It's KFC and chain stores on every corner just like the U.S. Sad to see it go in this direction. Wish the Thai government would put impose some restrictions. But can't wait for Carl's Jr. .....

Just tried the Carl's Jr. in Pattaya. Seemed good to me, but its been 6 years since I had them in the U.S. so I can't really compare very well. When did they switch to designer buns? I don't recall that back home.

Edited by kyb789

Had Carl's Jr once. Very tasty but I would walk right past it for a Whataburger with cheese. I really do miss some things from Texas.

And the best thing was- you could get a Whataburger for breakfast- none of that crappy xxx on a muffin... And their taquitos were just as good.

On a related note, did anyone else find their Carl's Famous Big Star being any less satisfying after the Hardee's deal?

I hadn't had one in years after I moved from So Cal, but when they showed up in Oklahoma, they didn't seem the same. Still good, but not as good.

Or was it my selective memory?

Edited by impulse

Had Carl's Jr once. Very tasty but I would walk right past it for a Whataburger with cheese. I really do miss some things from Texas.

And the best thing was- you could get a Whataburger for breakfast- none of that crappy xxx on a muffin... And their taquitos were just as good.

On a related note, did anyone else find their Carl's Famous Big Star being any less satisfying after the Hardee's deal?

I hadn't had one in years after I moved from So Cal, but when they showed up in Oklahoma, they didn't seem the same. Still good, but not as good.

Or was it my selective memory?

Yes, Whataburger is pretty good. There is one left in San Clemente between San Diego and LA, and I used to make a habit of stopping there as I drove through.

When Hardee's used real charcoal to cook their burgers ("Hurry on down to Hardee's, where the burgers are charcoal broiled!") I thought they were great. I even had them in San Jose, Costa Rica. BUt when I was back east a number of years ago, I stopped into a Hardee's only to find out that it was now a Carl's Junior clone. The food had different names, but it was exactly the same. Now being a clone of Carl's is not so bad, but I really wish they had kept the charcoal. I don't know if they got rid of while still independent or after being bought out by Carl's, but i thought the charcoal added something to the typical fast food fare.

When on the West Coast I can't go past In 'n Out.....

Burger franchises have a history of leaving their best burgers off the local menu...cough cough....McDonalds Qtr Pounder. Carls in Singapore had a fantastic burger with Avocado, I hope that made the cut in Thailand.....

When on the West Coast I can't go past In 'n Out.....

Burger franchises have a history of leaving their best burgers off the local menu...cough cough....McDonalds Qtr Pounder. Carls in Singapore had a fantastic burger with Avocado, I hope that made the cut in Thailand.....

Remember the McD's Big and Nasty?

Or was it called the Big and Tasty? I forget.

In and Out Burgers were my favorites, but I discovered them late in my SoCal stay because their shops looked so generic. Boy was I wrong about their burgers and fries.

Avocado? I love Avocado... Surprisingly, a guy at the office has a tree and brings in a bag or two for the employees every few weeks. The Thai's never seem to take them home. I always grab one or two the second day after everyone has had their chance...

Why do Americans give such odd names to their restautants?

Carl's Jr doesn't make any sense. Carl Jr's does.

Ruths Chris Steakhouse is another example. Seriously, that has to be the most ridiculous and hard to pronounce name out there. Wouldn't Ruths suffice?

I agree about Ruths Chris Steakhouse - ridiculous name. And can you imagine a Thai person trying to pronounce it :D Worst name of all has to be Wimpy though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

• 3 weeks later...

I would imagine that avocado would be too expensive to import to Thailand and having them all ripen at the right time would be impossible. I'm afraid that we are not going to get that burger.

why? villa does it.

i buy avocados all the time.

i eat one for breakfast daily

Edited by tinfoilhat

Why do Americans give such odd names to their restautants?

Carl's Jr doesn't make any sense. Carl Jr's does.

Ruths Chris Steakhouse is another example. Seriously, that has to be the most ridiculous and hard to pronounce name out there. Wouldn't Ruths suffice?

I agree about Ruths Chris Steakhouse - ridiculous name. And can you imagine a Thai person trying to pronounce it biggrin.png Worst name of all has to be Wimpy though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

why? the name wimpy has a very long association with quality hamburgers.

I mean the name itself sounds silly, not the company's reputation.

And i mean that the name wimpy is derived from a cartoon character from the 1920's: J.Wellington WImpy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Wellington_Wimpy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6xBaZ92uA

the burger chain named after him was founded in the 1930's in chicago.

I have never had a wimpy's burger, but grew up the the character in the mid 70's when i was a kid.