Cwow Fitness Closing Many Branches In Bangkok

Fgis

ekkamai isn't closing

so ekamai and asoke are both closed? paragon open still?

Ekkamai is closed, just walked by it. There was a sign that said something about the landlord not turning the power on and it all being mitigated.

As far as the people mentioning getting refunds, lol, are you serious??

i paid for 10 kb for a lifetime membership since late 2010. i think its really worth every peeny spent. i expected them to close down last year. fitness first will cost me 24 kb per year.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone that's at the fitness firsts and true fitness around the sukhumvit area have probably already seem a huge influx of ex-cali wow members joining up. Hopefully the price difference will keep the majority at bay. Cali WoW was bad but in my opinion the demographic they marketed towards was part of their demise as well. Ive never seen 100% working equipment be just torn to pieces in my life as I saw at both cali 23 and Ekamai.

Anyone that's at the fitness firsts and true fitness around the sukhumvit area have probably already seem a huge influx of ex-cali wow members joining up. Hopefully the price difference will keep the majority at bay. Cali WoW was bad but in my opinion the demographic they marketed towards was part of their demise as well. Ive never seen 100% working equipment be just torn to pieces in my life as I saw at both cali 23 and Ekamai.

How about the dumbells all miss matched on the racks... or even spread out in the room.

Seen some amazing things at these clubs..

highlights: man eating apple wile using crosstrainer.

Man using 2 benches for workout.. 1 one bench for workout.. 2nd bench with 2 inches of paperwork from uni which he would get stuck into between sets.

All free weight benches assembled into a table for snacking on food between sets.

Not to mention.. starbucks on the treadmill. Coke to quench thirst on treadmill.

I phone usage through the roof!

Sent from my HTC One X

Man using 2 benches for workout.. 1 one bench for workout.. 2nd bench with 2 inches of paperwork from uni which he would get stuck into between sets.

All free weight benches assembled into a table for snacking on food between sets.

If I was training there I would just ask the guy to move his papers (or lunch) so I can use the bench. No big deal really. I sometimes have to ask people to remove their baggage from benches down in Pattaya.

What's wrong with a guy eating an apple while on a treadmill. You've got hands free and it's mighty boring. Apples are pretty good low-sugar carb sources. The coffee is a really good idea for cardio. I always have mine at home before I go gym, but I can understand someone in a hurry finishing off their coffee while they warm up.

Like it or not a gym needs members and they don't always behave in the way us "old-schoolers" do.

Why do I defend this people? I have respect for any person who gets off his butt to do some exercise, no matter how inefficient his training might seem to the casual observer.

Edited by tropo

If I was training there I would just ask the guy to move his papers (or lunch) so I can use the bench. No big deal really. I sometimes have to ask people to remove their baggage from benches down in Pattaya.

What's wrong with a guy eating an apple while on a treadmill. You've got hands free and it's mighty boring. Apples are pretty good low-sugar carb sources. The coffee is a really good idea for cardio. I always have mine at home before I go gym, but I can understand someone in a hurry finishing off their coffee while they warm up.

Like it or not a gym needs members and they don't always behave in the way us "old-schoolers" do.

Why do I defend this people? I have respect for any person who gets off his butt to do some exercise, no matter how inefficient his training might seem to the casual observer.

Your spot on with your respect and I find myself turning my negative thoughts into a positive just like yourself.

Sent from my HTC One X

• Like 1

Your spot on with your respect and I find myself turning my negative thoughts into a positive just like yourself.

Sent from my HTC One X

I have exercised in small, very basic places. Also in big, hi-tech ones and found that kind of behaviour in all of them, but it has never been a problem. A simple "may I" has always got an immediate clearing of the occupied area. I am sure I have also taken space unnecessarily sometimes and would immediately clear it if someone else needed to use it.

The only bit that I really hate is people not cleaning sweat and I would tell them off, but luckily that doesn't happen often.

I just wish I was still as active as in the past smile.png

The only bit that I really hate is people not cleaning sweat and I would tell them off, but luckily that doesn't happen often.

One time I complained to a Thai for leaving a huge pool of sweat on a machine I was about to use. He wiped it with his hands and when I explained that wasn't good enough he got angry.

Is it just the Paragon and Esplanade branches that are still open?

In Bangkok, I understand that they are also still operating at Pinklao, Sukhumvit 23 (limited hrs--they shut the lights at 8:30pm last week) and Ekkamai (but might be temporarily closed).

• Like 1

Is it just the Paragon and Esplanade branches that are still open?

Should be noted that the Esplanade branch appears to have a reduced footprint -- no more space on the ground floor, only access from the 2nd (or maybe 3rd?) floor.

Yes Paragon and Esplanade branches are open .. although I won't be taking showers there because I can't put/take off my socks and shoes from a standing position. The days I went there, guys were literally bumping into each other at the lockers.

What a joke!

-O

That is very nice of you. We can chitchat over the weights.

This is a strange situation. The banks required the money-making pinklao branch to stay open. The landlord is obviously trying to jump the debt queue by breaching a court order. I wish we knew the current legal actions. Presumably calwow is seeking an emergency mandamus action.

Pinklao was closed at 6pm. There is every indication it has not opened this week since the legal notice of Saturday. Is Major the landlord of any other branches?

Really????

I was going to go there tonight....

I havnt been in awhile too. But dam, last time I was there 13 out 15 treadmills were not working. I thought it was a bad sign....

But I bought my lifetime membership 3 and a half years ago at 21K, so still got my moneys worth atleast.

I might go join Fitness first

latest Bangkok intel...

Paragon open 6am to 11 pm (Mon-Fri) but crowded since everyone flocks there now

8am to 10pm (Sat-Sun)

Sukhumvit 23 open 10am to 8:30pm (Mon-Sun)

Silom open 8am to 6pm (Mon-Fri) but very limited service

Esplanade, Pinklao, Ekkamai closed....

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. I wonder why they are making no effort to keep their customers informed through their website or by sms. It would be interesting to really know what's going on inside the company.

Edited by ricklev

Thanks for the update. I wonder why they are making no effort to keep their customers informed through their website or by sms. It would be interesting to really know what's going on inside the company.

Pattaya closed down today too - for the second time. It is curious why they don't offer better customer relations in these desperate times.

Pattaya closed down today too - for the second time. It is curious why they don't offer better customer relations in these desperate times.

I can only imagine that nobody really knows what is going on so they cannot give out any news. The big shots might not be to interested to keep everyone informed and the lower echelon people might not know enough.

On the pinklao branch there is now something written in Thai. If somebody can decipher the letters I can translate it. You need to look at the handwritten blue pen stuff, not the 7 day old english.

post-60541-134228964649_thumb.jpg