Santorini Park Cha Am

bat69

It's a shopping arcade, Greek style, with brand shops and amusement rides (Ferris wheel, carrousel, bungee jump, 3D theater). It's about kilometer 200 on the road to Bangkok, just before the Factory Outlet. Entrance is 50 baht on week-ends and holidays, free the rest of the time. I guess it's worth visiting on a weekday if you happen to drive by, but you shouldn't expect much. Thai people seem to love the place though, on week-ends it's really packed, with people taking pictures of themselves everywhere.

chaam_info_activities_santorini2.jpg

chaam_info_activities_santorini1.jpg

• 11 months later...

Very nice to walk around on weekdays, no entrance fee, everything is very expensive, all the rides baht 120.- if I wel remember bungee jump Baht 480.-

Food, drinks, ice cream more expensive then anywere in Cha-am, the shops are just like a outlet, but the set up like on a greece island is very nice

Thanks for the info. Yes at Santorini the rides were all 120 each, bungee 480. My boy liked the ice house where he played in the snow, and went down an ice slide on an inner-tube. 120 baht for 20 minutes play and they even gave him a parka and snow boots to wear. Socks were an extra 25 baht. We stayed there maybe 2 hours, didnt buy anything expensive, and my boy went on 4 rides. When the water park opens, it will probably be alot more fun for kids.

We then went to the Swiss Sheep Farm on the way back. That was 50 baht per adult and 30 for kids. That was a nice little attraction with some small kids rides and live sheep to feed.

Taxi from out hotel in Cha Am to both parks was 600 baht round trip. Way overpriced, but we had 3 people so we couldnt rent a motorbike safely, so we got stuck paying fpr a taxi who waited for us.

It was a fun day all in all.

This place, like so many others, panders to the Thai taste for the whimsical. And there is more to come judging from the half finished projects springing up on the same stretch of road to lure in the passing Bangkok middle class.

I am still trying to work out what the attraction is to Pleurn Wan the place with the facade made of old packing cases just past Soi 40. I've been dragged in twice but find it completely non-descript filled with girlie groups photographing each other to deathsad.png

Edited by PETERTHEEATER

Just leaving Hua Hin in Bangkok direction they are building another one of this "ting tong parks" as my wife she like to call it... The Venezia...

with a small copy of Piazza San Marco palace blink.png and (i guess) a few water channels...whistling.gif

To me this kind of places looks little sad, but local people they love it.

Considering mostly of them they will never see the original in theyr life, easy to understand why they like it.

I agree, better to go to take a look (if really cannot skip) on week days avoiding the weekend crowd.

wai2.gif