Remember To Take Care Of Those Who Take Care Of You

BigJohnnyBKK

Nice video.

I'm left feeling a bit like I've been punched below the belt though, justifiably or not, as that advert just jumps all over Thai people's kratanyu buttons.

Being a kratanyu son or daughter can be summarised as remembering to taking care of those who take care of you.

Mind you, if parents are exploiting kratanyu (learned behaviour?) then insurance companies can hardly be blamed for doing same.

This company has done a number of moving and well-produced ads. One of the them featured the Doris Day song "when I was just a little girl ....." and features kids from a well-known Thai school for the disabled. Great ad and I wrote to them to congratulate them on it. They surprised me by writing back to me, thanking me and enclosing a VCD with the ad on it. Nice

Edited by ThailandInvestmentGuide

I'm not ashamed to say that, despite looking like an ex-football hool or nightclub bouncer, when I first saw that on TV my eyes were welling up and i couldn't see. It was only the fact that my wife and daughter were in the room that I didn't let it all go and turn into an all out bawlfest.

Being a kratanyu son or daughter can be summarised as remembering to taking care of those who take care of you.

Mind you, if parents are exploiting kratanyu (learned behaviour?) then insurance companies can hardly be blamed for doing same.

"Exploiting" is IMO a harsh value judgement for something that is just a cultural difference in family roles

I'm more on the side of Thais who condemn children of helpless parents for putting them in a home to be "cared for" by strangers.

But actually to each their own, shouldn't judge either way.

Hmm, not sure I sympathize with a kid who resent her dad for being different ...

But everyone knows I don't have a heart ...

I suspect it was the bullying that led her to attempted suicide that she didn't like.

Hmm, not sure I sympathize with a kid who resent her dad for being different ...

But everyone knows I don't have a heart ...

I suspect it was the bullying that led her to attempted suicide that she didn't like.

No what "she" did not like is that it is mostly false, as in not based on reality.

From what I gather, children of handicapped parents most of time, acts as the link between their parents and society.

Contrary to what is shown here, in case of deaf parents, children are learning sign language very early on and become their parents most supportive allied.

Having a daughter resent her dad for being deaf would be more an education matter that has nothing to do with the issue of handicap.

So it's a gross script error from the communication agency