Beware, Do Not Post Your Original Photos

Kan Win

:D:D:D

Happy New Year to One and All.

Sorry, for not being here during the festive season, but needed quality time with the family and friends. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to the topic in hand.

Had a look at My Controls and notice that all of my attachment have been downloaded by several members.

I very rarely go into My Controls, but reading something on “ Thailand Forum > Forum Home > General > Forum support desk” made me have a little look see.

Guess what I found, yes, people have downloaded photos that I have attached.

Please, please and please this is a warning to all:-

Do not upload any photo in its Original form taken by yourself ON any site whatsoever as it will be certainly stolen.

Sure I did download 3 or 4 photos and uploaded 2 only, back, to show, one of our member mrbojangles what he could or Kan do with his photos before posting them (

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=51511&st=15

), but I did not real-lies that I did wrong, as I was only trying to help.

What I do is easy, Copy my Original Photo into another sub-directory and then Re-size it and re-compress the photo, that way should someone download it and the try to print it – yes you got the message – total rubbish. However, on the “wwwDotWhatEverDotCom” it looks really Great for them.

I do not have a problem with that, many a person linked my photos without asking me, the ones that did, I said welcome please feel free to use these “As long as you are using them to Promote Thailand”.

So the bottom line is, I Kan switch OFF any or all the links to my WebPage, so no one site that has linked to my page will ever see my photos again except a (X) in that place.

Kan, ThaiVisaDotCom stop these downloads ? so that it stops people for whatever reason stealing/using/borrowing without permission from Your Members Photos attachment?

Just me thinking out load once again :D

Happy Shooting :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

The "number of downloads" does not seem to indicate actual downloads as such. EVery time someone clicks on a thumbnail to see a larger view, then this increases the download count. So it does mean people are looking at your photos in a larger size; but not necessarily that they are downloading to their PC.

The "number of downloads" does not seem to indicate actual downloads as such. EVery time someone clicks on a thumbnail to see a larger view, then this increases the download count. So it does mean people are looking at your photos in a larger size; but not necessarily that they are downloading to their PC.

You're right. If you go to the post where the attachment is and hover your mouse over it it will tell how many downloads which means just clicking on the image is considered a download. Perhaps it should be called "opened" instead.

but they did that already to look at the bigger picture, so what stops them from ………

Are you sure about that ? :D

You have your own site, please take a look at their forum section. :D I did and still am. :D

:D Me forgot, opps, Welcome :o to one and all on this New Forum

Happy Shooting :D

If you change the resolution of the photo to 72dpi before posting it,

it makes it viewable on a screen, but useless for printing or any other

manipulation.

astral, Thank you.

How Kan we do that ? Please tell us. :o