THAI President Piyasvasti Gets Golden Handshake

webfact

@mca - I believe his British accent is as posh as one can get. Eton boy if I recall correctly.

I don't think he is an Old Etonian Samran and his accent isn't really particularly posh (for a wonderful example of English posh look up Jacob Rees-Mogg on Youtube).But he (Khun Piyasvasti) did go to Oxford and achieved first class honours and in a hard intellectually demanding subject too,mathematics - not a soft option easy peasy course like Philosophy Politics and Economics (PPE) that weeds like David Cameron, Abhisit and Korn studied!

Never heard of the guy before, but according to Wikipedia, Piyasvasti Amranand spent 4 years of his secondary education at Bryanston Public School in Dorset, the school being a member of the 12 so-called 'Eton Group' of schools in the UK.

In 1972 he got into Brasenose College, Oxford, graduating with a 1st class honours degree in Mathematics. From there he went on to get an MSC in Economics from the LSE in London and a further PhD in Mathematics from London University (not sure which one) helped by a scholarship/grant from the UK government.

http://th.wikipedia....trade;์

http://en.wikipedia....ryanston_School

Bryanston school at Blandford Forum (my home town) always had a number of rich Asian students.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about all the dirt being thrown around regarding this guy, All in all i think he was a pretty successful man at the helm. If they can find anyone better, i will be surprised. Just look at his record during his time with THAI.

He is a star performer. Sharp as a tack. Would wipe the floor with most people intellectually. Including you by the sounds of it. He's more than capable.

His only crime is being married to a Democrat strategist.

Once again you demonstrate that you know what you are talking about.I know Khun Piyasvasti slightly and have huge admiration for him, though somwhat jealous of his planet sized brain.

As to the reason for his dismissal you could be right though I don't think he is particularly political himself, though I'm guessing has Democrat sympathies.

If he is so bright, how come he allowed so much corruption within, 2nd grade hostesses buying a job , set rate Bht 400.000. free business class tkts for those within the know and and with the right contacts, and so on ?

While your cynicism is well justified elsewhere, it is out of place here I believe. This is the stuff I think you'll find he tried hard to crack down on, but there is huge inertia in a company such as THAI, and he was only in the job for 2.5 years.

He is a star performer. Sharp as a tack. Would wipe the floor with most people intellectually. Including you by the sounds of it. He's more than capable.

His only crime is being married to a Democrat strategist.

Once again you demonstrate that you know what you are talking about.I know Khun Piyasvasti slightly and have huge admiration for him, though somwhat jealous of his planet sized brain.

As to the reason for his dismissal you could be right though I don't think he is particularly political himself, though I'm guessing has Democrat sympathies.

If he is so bright, how come he allowed so much corruption within, 2nd grade hostesses buying a job , set rate Bht 400.000. free business class tkts for those within the know and and with the right contacts, and so on ?

A link to an article written a couple of years ago now, not by me, but one of my collegues who had worked with him and knew him fairly well.

Can Thai Airways Change under its new President?

Regards

Chris Larkin

Managing Director

CLC Asia

Forget about all the dirt being thrown around regarding this guy, All in all i think he was a pretty successful man at the helm. If they can find anyone better, i will be surprised. Just look at his record during his time with THAI.

Forget about all the dirt being thrown around regarding this guy

You mean the dirt you were throwing 30 minutes prior?

(for a wonderful example of English posh look up Jacob Rees-Mogg on Youtube)

Glad to see he hasn't lost is Zummerset accent biggrin.png

Yer tiz ! the buggers bin and zacked oi !

Bryanstone taint be in Zummerst, Eee do be in Darset where Oi be cummin' vrum.

(for a wonderful example of English posh look up Jacob Rees-Mogg on Youtube)

Glad to see he hasn't lost is Zummerset accent biggrin.png

Yer tiz ! the buggers bin and zacked oi !

Bryanstone taint be in Zummerst, Eee do be in Darset where Oi be cummin' vrum.

But I'm guessing that Old Bryanstonians don't talk like Worzel Gummidge