Met Gf In A Bar, Khao San Road And Still Doin' Good

Marcel1

Since I read this forum (about six months) all I see is negative stories about people who met they're gf in a bar. So now i'm willing to tell the first good one.

2,5years ago I was backpacking trough thailand. Met a girl when I was completely wasted in a club on khao san road.

To give you the short version. We met up few time. Than i went back to my country. Talk on msn most days..

She wanted to visit my country. She have an good job so paid herselve the trip. She stayed with me. And we had an good time.

After that I went back to thailand. We had an good time again travel around a bit.

She came to my country again same story.

Meanwhile we keep talking on msn. Calling and sms.

Now i live in bkk for 6months and we have an good time together.

The facts here;

she never asked me for money.

Nowdays shes making more than me so she helps me out ;)

She want to marry. I dont.

She know im not rich.

Yes we fight sometimes.

I assume she not have more lovers since i know very hour of the day where she is.

I have acces to all her email/facebooks.accounts. (she also from me) since i have nothing to hide.

Im not interessted in any stupid comments, im only want to be helpfull for the ones who lost fait to just meet an nice girl in a random bar.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are probably in a healthy and mutually respectful relationship as you are - But, it doesn't make fun reading.

I too met my first Thai Girl friend on Kho Sarn rd. At the time she was a Bangkok Uni student on a night out with some friends - we e-mailed and chatted for months before going on a date. She a was a lovely girl, I wasn't ready for a serious relationship at that age though and after two years I moved on. Again, that doesn't make fun reading as wouldn't the few other respectable and healthy relationships I had in Thailand before finally meeting my wife....

I do believe the norm in Thailand really is healthy relationships - But, its the gossipy trash that makes the 10 page threads.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

In case you haven't figured it out, there is a difference in the type of bar where you met your GF. It's one thing to meet a girl in a bar on KSR and quite another if she was swinging from a brass pole in Nana wearing little more than her birthday suit. A bar is not just a bar in many cases. Capiche?

In case you haven't figured it out, there is a difference in the type of bar where you met your GF. It's one thing to meet a girl in a bar on KSR and quite another if she was swinging from a brass pole in Nana wearing little more than her birthday suit. A bar is not just a bar in many cases. Capiche?

Yes there's a difference between meeting your girlfriend in a bar where she's a patron and one where she's "staff"

Yes there's a difference between meeting your girlfriend in a bar where she's a patron and one where she's "staff"

and also whether she is there to have a few drinks and a laugh with friends, or she is there pitching business for her freelance sex worker business

• Like 1

and also whether she is there to have a few drinks and a laugh with friends, or she is there pitching business for her freelance sex worker business

Too true. I remember when I first arrived in LOS ( Christ looking back and laughing to myself I knew sweet FA then ) after a day at work I felt like a quick drink so went to the nearest pub. Pint of Strongbow in hand I sat at a table just mellowing out. Couple of non-brassy looking girls came up. Sexily dressed but in a standard" girls night out from the bank" sort of way as opposed to "Me luv you long time" full on hookery.

"Can we sit down?"

"Sure" ( me thinking "step aside lads the daddy's here" )

They already had drinks so we had a chat along the usual " Where are you from' type <deleted>.

Then one leans over and whispers " 2000 baht for both of us"

Both of us what? laugh.png

• Like 1

Too true. I remember when I first arrived in LOS ( Christ looking back and laughing to myself I knew sweet FA then ) after a day at work I felt like a quick drink so went to the nearest pub. Pint of Strongbow in hand I sat at a table just mellowing out. Couple of non-brassy looking girls came up. Sexily dressed but in a standard" girls night out from the bank" sort of way as opposed to "Me luv you long time" full on hookery.

"Can we sit down?"

They already had drinks so we had a chat along the usual " Where are you from' type <deleted>.

Thailand, where fantasies come true. It's just like Disneyland, except you can negotiate the price of the rides!!! tongue.png

Thailand, where fantasies come true. It's just like Disneyland, except you can negotiate the price of the rides!!! tongue.png

And you don't have to queue for 2 hours behind a Chinese family all wearing MIckey Mouse ears.

And you don't have to queue for 2 hours behind a Chinese family all wearing MIckey Mouse ears.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Can we sit down?"

And did you?

"Can we sit down?"

But there's much more people on the rides than Disneyland. sad.png

Edited by Payboy

And did you?

This is going to sound like the biggest cop out in history but after working 16 hour days all week at the pre-opening of a new international chain hotel ( and anybody who's ever done that will know that it's manic ) all I needed was a shower and then hit the sack, sad pathetic bastard that I am.

Have a medal and congratulations. clap2.gif For your information, not all the girls in bars on Khao San Road are actually prostitutes, so she could have just been out having a good time when you met her. I sometimes go to Khao San Road with my Thai friends (girls and boys) and they're in no way prostitutes.

True far not all are prostitutes.. Thats all i wanted to make clear.... ;-)

Oh, well, that kinda waters down the OP. Anyone care to share a story about a seasoned gogo-dancer they picked up while very, very drunk and lived happily ever after, that'd have some kick ?

I remember years and years back chatting to a Thai girl in one of the bars around Khao San and it was one of those Thai holidays so plenty of girls were out for a night out, etc. I ended up going back home with one of them to her place but her friend who she was drinking with asked some other guy she was chatting to in the bar for 2K for the night.

The other one did look a little naughtier, I have to say. Had dreams of becoming an air stewardess IIRC but the one I was chatting to was complete opposite.

Nowadays around the Khao San area I do see an awful lot of slightly older Thai women (early to mid 30s) hanging out and paying for trampy looking (but ever so slightly posh looking) farang's beers.

• 2 weeks later...

Good post, but like others already said most people don't like reading them. But the reason they don't like reading them isn't because they are boring. The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. Many on here just can't accept that the majority of That women aren't prostitutes. Also they'd never get a non-prostitute here, so makes them feel twice as bad to read success stories like yours. Sounds like you have a good relationship but why do you fight? That doesn't sound so good.

Also, why do you need access to her email and facebook account? That is super creepy. I would never ask or expect access to my gf's accounts and neither would she ask for access to mine. Nothing to hide; those things are private and people's privacy should be respected. Don't you trust each other? Do you check up on each other every day. I've never known any relationship where that happens.

Edited by w11guy

Haha how u said it make it looks creepy, we not check each other, mean it more in the sense of we not bother to log out or anything from fb, mail etc. After we use each others laptop wich only happens sometimes. We trust each other, and just fight sometimes about normal things like all normal couples.. Nothing to worry about ;-)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Most people are probably in a healthy and mutually respectful relationship as you are - But, it doesn't make fun reading.

I too met my first Thai Girl friend on Kho Sarn rd. At the time she was a Bangkok Uni student on a night out with some friends - we e-mailed and chatted for months before going on a date. She a was a lovely girl, I wasn't ready for a serious relationship at that age though and after two years I moved on. Again, that doesn't make fun reading as wouldn't the few other respectable and healthy relationships I had in Thailand before finally meeting my wife....

I do believe the norm in Thailand really is healthy relationships - But, its the gossipy trash that makes the 10 page threads.

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Have a medal and congratulations. clap2.gif For your information, not all the girls in bars on Khao San Road are actually prostitutes, so she could have just been out having a good time when you met her. I sometimes go to Khao San Road with my Thai friends (girls and boys) and they're in no way prostitutes.

thumbsup.gif

The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. every day.

At least that is what this anonymous member on this anonymous forum wants us to believe.

Did you know that I actually happen to be the richest man in the world,way ahead of my best mate Bill Gates,but that I love to post on a Thai forum?

I post from a lean-to shack backing on to Naam's wall. I wish I could afford hookers. Or even just hooks. Then I could save up, and buy a jacket to hang on them.

Anyway, thanks to the encouragement of the OP, I have recovered my faith in Thai ladies, and I'm off down to hang around outside the local karaoke place in the hope of running into a nice girl

SC

SC

So you would be the multilingual gardener?

Edited by 473geo

Good post, but like others already said most people don't like reading them. But the reason they don't like reading them isn't because they are boring. The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. Many on here just can't accept that the majority of That women aren't prostitutes. Also they'd never get a non-prostitute here, so makes them feel twice as bad to read success stories like yours. Sounds like you have a good relationship but why do you fight? That doesn't sound so good..

Nothing wrong with Thai hookers, I know loads (including my SIL), always great fun and often make very good wives.

(Sorry I can't really comment on non Thai hookers as I have never met any)

• Like 1