First Cartoon Network Water Park In Thailand Expected To Boost Eastern Tourism

webfact

Special Report: First Cartoon Network water park in Thailand expected to boost eastern tourism

The world’s first Cartoon Network-themed water park is being built in Bang Saray bay in Chonburi province and is expected to be open to the public by early next year.

Turner Broadcasting System Inc (TBS), the parent company of Cartoon Network, is building a large-scale water theme park in partnership with the Board of Investment and the Tourism Authority of Thailand. The park, themed under Cartoon Network Amazone, will be modeled after the Amazon rainforest, featuring live shows from well-known characters such as Power Puff Girls, Ben 10 and Johnny Bravo.

Situated 15 minutes away from Pattaya, the park will include attractions such as a giant wave pool, a winding adventure river, speed-racing slides, family raft rides and one of the world’s largest interactive water-play fortresses.

Industry Minister M.R. Phongsawat Svastiwat said the water park project is aimed at boosting tourism in the eastern seaboard as well as distributing wealth to related sectors ranging from hotel and services to transport. He added that the project is part of the TAT’s 'Miracle Year Of Amazing Thailand' 2012 campaign.

Liakat Dhanji, Founder and Chairman of the project’s developer, Amazon Falls, said Thailand has been selected as the location of the network’s water park due to its reputation for hospitality, its position as one of the world’s top holiday destinations and its tropical climate.

He added that Thailand is also chosen as the ideal site given the country is one of the biggest markets for TBS, where 50 million Cartoon Network products were sold last year.

Targeting middle-income earners, the park is expected to create hundreds of jobs in the area and to attract one million visitors per year, Mr Liakat said. The Cartoon Network Amazone project is due to be completed by the first half of 2013.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-05-24 footer_n.gif

What about the safety issues??? I fear for the kids safety...

I would imagine/hope that the owners being a subsantial international business....would have some say in the ongoing safety measures

Yes, traffic will be another nightmare, just like the Pattaya Floating Market. By the time they open, Sukumvit will be widened so that they can park the tour buses 2 and 3 abreast. And of course anyone coming from Pattaya will have to share the U-turn with Nong Nooch to get to the new water park on the North bound side of Sukumvit

No requirement to have adequate parking here in Thailand, just build where you want after paying the appropriate bribes

• Like 1

Excellent but why Pattaya? Do they think that Pattaya is a childerns paradise?

It's not Pattaya it is Bang Saray. But I imagine it is because of the high speed train running from Bangkok to Rayong. In case you didn't know it the Eastern Seaboard is booming with new industry and new jobs and new middle class Thai people with kids. Bang Saray is on the Eastern Seaboard.

I would imagine/hope that the owners being a subsantial international business....would have some say in the ongoing safety measures

Of course . . . with the inmates then left to run the asylum.

A lot of international businesses in the East coast Pattaya area from Hilton hotels, Dow Chem, and Ford. None of them have any safety issues to my knowledge. Perhaps you could share your information in this area as to any problems.

Under proper care and supervision...asylums run pretty well.

Well I found out by the local cops here, that we are not allowed to tell people what to do. When asked if I should protect my child before or after he is dead.

The cops replied it was my fault for the fight because I shouldn't of asked the guy to slow down and not drive threw at high speeds the circle in which my children are playing.

even though they guy came onto my property to punch me??? I am still confused.

A lot of international businesses in the East coast Pattaya area from Hilton hotels, Dow Chem, and Ford. None of them have any safety issues to my knowledge. Perhaps you could share your information in this area as to any problems.

What are all these safety issues about...you live in Thailand for christ sakes. You don't even have to worry about the park.....worry about getting there safely...should be your concern. Everytime I pass that area I will either see an accident or see what is left of it. That area out there is the deadliest part of Suhkumvit. I have to go out there often so I take my camera In fact I thought it very clever that the Thai government started removing the light polls that are so close together and replacing them with just one spaced further apart. It seems that every accident either targets them or they are tryint to take them home with them...the Thai's are crazy and when the want something they will go to great length to get ...using their cars at high speeds to pull them out of the ground is effective but dangerious for the rest of us.

Edited by oops

This is what we need in Chiang Mai !

No we don't!

no you don't....to cold up there and the heating would cost way to much.

Many hot springs close to Chiang Mai. The water comes out of the ground hot. Seems it would be a natural and no extra smoke from burning. I only lived in Chiang Mai three years but I seem to remember only being cold about 4 days in three years.

Well I found out by the local cops here, that we are not allowed to tell people what to do. When asked if I should protect my child before or after he is dead.

The cops replied it was my fault for the fight because I shouldn't of asked the guy to slow down and not drive threw at high speeds the circle in which my children are playing.

even though they guy came onto my property to punch me??? I am still confused.

I remember that thread. That was a long time ago. You still here? Take the kids and go home. Thailand is no place for kids. The water park is for young Thai and Russian women who like cartoon characters. Everybody knows that.

No we don't!

No we don't!

Yes we do.

Always better than the royal flora, more attractions in Chiang Mai means more tourists which is good for the local economy.

And also for the expats living here , gives them something else to do instead of posting on Thai Visa all day.

Don't worry i am sure there will be a shallow pool for children so you can use that one if you don't know how to swim.

The world’s first Cartoon Network-themed water park is being built in Bang Saray bay in Chonburi province and is expected to be open to the public by early next year.

Now let me ask this question boys..we are in May now..is there actually any construction going on related to this project in the area mentioned ? or is this another wet dream by some Thai offical ?

.... is there actually any construction going on related to this project in the area mentioned ?

I drove past there the other day and there is certainly some construction going on. Various things that looked like steel structures going in, and lots of earth being moved around. Presumably all to do with landscaping for pools, rides etc.

The land area available for the park seemed surprisingly small though.