How Did Thaivisa Help You?.......

theblether

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway....how has TV helped me...again....I've met some lovely people...most are very different from their online personality....and in a positive sense.

I've often noticed that bitter rivals on the forum turn into fast friends when sitting at a table with a few cold beers. drunk.gif

so would it be rude to ask when last you sat at a table with a cold beer in thailand?

Anyway....how has TV helped me...again....I've met some lovely people...most are very different from their online personality....and in a positive sense.

I've often noticed that bitter rivals on the forum turn into fast friends when sitting at a table with a few cold beers. drunk.gif

so would it be rude to ask when last you sat at a table with a cold beer in thailand?

With all respect...you are being a tit. Many of us are either in Thailand...or on the way there...or living abroad with Thai partners etc....what is your point really?

Thaivisa has been very good in supplying information for almost everything from corn flour to visa knowledge. Just a shame we have to sift through all the bullshit and wanke_r posters.wai.gif

With all respect...you are being a tit. Many of us are either in Thailand...or on the way there...or living abroad with Thai partners etc....what is your point really?

Thanks, but we're used to it. Some guys feel the need to have a go at mods. It's kinda like monkeys pounding their chest to impress the other apes in the cage. :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Thaivisa Connect App

Myself and Smokie are flying in at the end of July, we'll be in Chiang Mai, Samui and Bangkok........and we're looking forward to having a cold beer with anyone friend or foe!!! That's because we're Scottish and we just love drinking burp.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please tell me you are kidding, please, please.

Thaivisa has provided me with insights to Thai culture which I have not yet experienced, loads of visa information and even help on health matters. :) Also it has provided much amusement and made me feel like I'm one of the boys or something like that. :P

I dont know what TV used to be, and how it is different now, but I do know that on my time of need , the good members of this forum were there for me,

When my now wife for 3 years was trying to get her fiance visa to come to the US, after her interview, was handed a document saying "visa denied, under administrative review" no further explanation,we were going crazy,

we did not know what that meant, ,all we new was that the visa was denied.

I tried calling the embassy and was getting nowhere. Not knowing what else to do I posted our situation on TV, with in an hour, I was reassured, by the good members of this forum, that the visa was not actually denied, but that they needed some additional information, and the process was under administrative review until the additional information was received. which was entirely correct, and it saved me many sleepless nights.

And for that I will always be grateful to this forum.

Since then I read as many posts as I can, and from them and other sources I am beginning to formulate an accurate picture about Thailand

I know there is a lot of crap posted here.

I read it , discount it, don't feel compel to reply to it, and move on.

And when I see some one out there needing help, and I feel I can help, I try to return the favor some many other have so often done to me and try to help.

TV has being an invaluable resource for me.

• Like 1

Yes I agree, Thai Visa is GREAT!!!

It has given me some good entertainment, helped with visa enquiries, driver's licence, visa runs, palm oil trees and the main one which my wife won't let me do.....

.....which I have read that it has had many successful results, is to tie a dead chicken around my dogs' neck to stop her killing chickens (the dog, not my wife).thumbsup.gif

Thought l just took the forum for granted UNTIL a few ''cyber'' friends here disappeared (or had too) in a short time span.

Strange thing was l felt a bit depressed sad.png, read stuff but reduced my posts. Perhaps you think l 'm daft but it tells me that Tv is filling a gap in my life, all thanks to you lot.

Do like to help on the motoring forum, keeps my hand in with my old hobby. biggrin.png

Seriously theblether, this is the worst attempt at being invited to be a mod, EVER.

Have you no shame?

I, theblether, do solemnly swear, that I do not presently, or at any point in the future, wish to be a mod. wai.gif

Carnage would follow if that was ever to be the case, and while I'm at it, I want to enjoy life. coffee1.gif

Myself and Smokie are flying in at the end of July, we'll be in Chiang Mai, Samui and Bangkok........and we're looking forward to having a cold beer with anyone friend or foe!!! That's because we're Scottish and we just love drinking burp.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry it's true, and to make it worse, we have your wallets location fixed on our GPS. There's no point trying to hide, you're doomed biggrin.png

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

Seriously theblether, this is the worst attempt at being invited to be a mod, EVER.

Have you no shame?

I, theblether, do solemnly swear, that I do not presently, or at any point in the future, wish to be a mod. wai.gif

Carnage would follow if that was ever to be the case, and while I'm at it, I want to enjoy life. coffee1.gif

Yes mate but.....bendix....you were bang on the money. laugh.png

• Like 1

I dont know what TV used to be, and how it is different now, but I do know that on my time of need , the good members of this forum were there for me,

When my now wife for 3 years was trying to get her fiance visa to come to the US, after her interview, was handed a document saying "visa denied, under administrative review" no further explanation,we were going crazy,

we did not know what that meant, ,all we new was that the visa was denied.

I tried calling the embassy and was getting nowhere. Not knowing what else to do I posted our situation on TV, with in an hour, I was reassured, by the good members of this forum, that the visa was not actually denied, but that they needed some additional information, and the process was under administrative review until the additional information was received. which was entirely correct, and it saved me many sleepless nights.

And for that I will always be grateful to this forum.

Since then I read as many posts as I can, and from them and other sources I am beginning to formulate an accurate picture about Thailand

I know there is a lot of crap posted here.

I read it , discount it, don't feel compel to reply to it, and move on.

And when I see some one out there needing help, and I feel I can help, I try to return the favor some many other have so often done to me and try to help.

TV has being an invaluable resource for me.

That's a prime example of TV at it's best, I think we could all imagine the feeling of dread that sirineou felt when that form was handed to him. Within an hour TV members had allayed his fears and the information given turned out to be true.

When you add to that what Rsquared and Phuturica said too, the amount of genuine information available on this website, on so many issues, is outstanding. It's a living encyclopedia of life in Thailand, updated every day, free of charge.

Outstanding.

Sorry it's true, and to make it worse, we have your wallets location fixed on our GPS. There's no point trying to hide, your doomed biggrin.png

Relax Rooo.....theblether is the new kid on the block. He will be presented with his prize at the end of the evening! biggrin.png

Sorry it's true, and to make it worse, we have your wallets location fixed on our GPS. There's no point trying to hide, your doomed biggrin.png

Relax Rooo.....theblether is the new kid on the block. He will be presented with his prize at the end of the evening! biggrin.png

I'm talking about the t shirt you nicked from me....I've seen you driving around in it ya know. tongue.png

theblether is desperate for one ya know....he has begged me time and time again....whistling.gif

Have you no shame?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You've just made my day Mr Smokie........I always knew you were a bit quackers tongue.png

@Transam, I know what you mean,that's the collegiate aspect of TV at work. It can't be underestimated.

Have you no shame?

Am I not always?

Have you no shame?

Am I not always?

Almost bendix, and very nearly. I won't remind you of your solitary mistake however. That would be rude.

I will say I was fortunate to pick up a very cheap deal however. My thanks to yermanee!

my point was i wanted to know when he was last in Thailand. I thought i had made that pretty clear when i asked the question.

my point was i wanted to know when he was last in Thailand. I thought i had made that pretty clear when i asked the question.

I thought you were questioning his drinking habits. Sorry for the misunderstanding but you do realise that is quite rude you know.

Thanks, but we're used to it. Some guys feel the need to have a go at mods. It's kinda like monkeys pounding their chest to impress the other apes in the cage. biggrin.png

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Thaivisa Connect App

Why make this about moderation? I asked a direct question to you regarding when last you sat at a table in Thailand and you fobbed me off.

to be quite frank, i had not even looked at your name or avatar until after i had hit submit.

i was not aware that you could no longer be addressed as a mere mortal.