Can He Get His Car Back?

Probably not the first, or the last....

I met a guy who started living with a Thai lady and bought her a new Nissan March with cash, only to be thrown out of the house soon after.

Obviously the paperwork is in her name, but as he paid, does he have any recourse to it?

Probably not the first, or the last....

I met a guy who started living with a Thai lady and bought her a new Nissan March with cash, only to be thrown out of the house soon after.

Obviously the paperwork is in her name, but as he paid, does he have any recourse to it?

Not really. Unless his name is on the garage invoice. Slim chance.

This is why its better to pay on finance :D

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Simple, go and see a lawyer with proof he brought the money into the country and transferred to the dealer, his Thai lady will be unable to prove she had the money for the car. Search on here for decent layer in the area where he lives, there are a few around.

Why would anyone register their car in someone else's name?

I do that, car, bikes & house are all in the wife's name, why not? We got a lovely boy, been together for 5 years. If you can't trust each other, what's the point of marriage?

• Like 2

I do that, car, bikes & house are all in the wife's name, why not? We got a lovely boy, been together for 5 years. If you can't trust each other, what's the point of marriage?

You can never trust anyone you have had sex with.

Oh dear!

How sad!

Do try to understand that marriage in Thailand IS a kind of financial business.

Love's got nothing to do with it, nor trust.

In money matters the only one you can trust, and even that not always, is yourself.

Even if you are married, have children, things can go wrong.............

Always try to find, if you supply the money, a way to put something in your name.

Not possible, try to find a way to put it in two names.

For a car that is possible.

To the point, if the car was bought during the marriage, the legal right to it must be decided by the divorce.

Of course, the woman might try to hinder the divorce,

In that case the car can be impounded legally to the point that it is decided whose car it should be.

Edited by hansnl

Oh dear!

How sad!

In money matters the only one you can trust, and even that not always, is yourself.

Always try to find, if you supply the money, a way to put something in your name.

To the point, if the car was bought during the marriage, the legal right to it must be decided by the divorce.

In that case the car can be impounded legally to the point that it is decided whose car it should be.

The business part of your post, i agree with thumbsup.gif But please stay away from giving legal advice. Why should anyone chose to buy a car in 2 names, when you easily can buy it in your own name ! And please tell me, who i this country would impound a car in dispute ? To the OP, sorry, just forget it and get on with your life.

Completely agree. It's worked for me for 22 years so far.

Oh dear!

How sad!

No, it's not sad. If you think it is then that is a reflection on yourself and the people around you, not on Thai women.

• Like 2

Every ones life is different, all folk are different and change with age, as l found out after losing my wife after 25 years. sad.png

• Like 1

Every ones life is different, all folk are different and change with age, as l found out after losing my wife after 25 years. sad.png

Same for me after 25+ years smile.png.

Transam must be my evil twin, now if only you could learn to inflate your tyres properly ............

@Dork, keep repeating, so far so good, so far so good ........

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Hell I got divorced and the first thing my Ex did was start giving back things. Handed over keys to the car and then other valuables. I saw her months later as the procedures were going on (in the US) and she had a small box of things for me saying "Your mom gave me these, and I think they're valuable" The box included an real Louis purse, some real jewelry and some costume stuff.

Not every Thai girl is horrible, even the ones you might end up divorcing.

• Like 1

Easiest to just let her have the car.Put it down to lesson learned.

perhaps he should kill himself while he is at it. Much easier than going on living.

Killing himself is a little extreme. We are talking a car here.I feel it isnot woth the time and effort to deal with something this small when people are divorcing. A guy can buy a new car tomorrow so why make headaches over it. In my opinion real men walk away and leave the material things to the woman then she can decide. If she has selfworth and character and if she will do the proper thing. If she doesnot he can be happy the relationship ended.A small cost to get peace of mind on the woman a guy marries and then divorces.

I know the op said he was living with her and didnot mention married. I used divorce and marriage as a general term for relationships.

Nissan March is dirt cheap also.

100K tax back.

Ok. But get it on finance so its not immediately available biggrin.png

sent from my Wellcom A90+

??

It will become available after one year, whether on finance or paid in cash.

If married then 50% , but it appears that this was just a GF, do no way to get it back

I do not have any issues with people putting things in their wife'a name ( they are married after all) but if he paid cash, there is no reason not to put it in his name ( unless it actually was a gift)

NO chance to get the car back, as even if he can prove he paid, she will claim it was a gift and no way to prove otherwise.

ON the topic of trust, here is a funny one for you boys

When i was selling my car, i got a guy come from Isaan with his GF.

Naturally we got chatting, and he told me he was building a house in Isaan for him and his GF, and everything was in her name.

When he bought the car, it turned out he only had a tourist visa, so putting car into his name was a hassle and did require a few shinny notes to be spread around the office.

So to save time, money and headache i suggested he puts the car into GF name. Car was 500 000

He refused, and stated he does not trust her with that, YET was happy to invest 5 000 000 into the house in her name.

Edited by phl

12 years of marriage and 7 years before that. It worked for me too.

Except for the bit where I sold the truck to her and she STILL hasn't paid the 2 baht yet.rolleyes.gif

I think this is from SWMBO. giggle.gif

House and land in her name and I must get around to put the motorbike in her name sometime.