Steroid Vacation In Thailand

webfact

Steroid vacation

EAMONN DUFF

PATTAYA: -- THERE'S something about the seedy Thai beachside town of Pattaya that keeps enticing Michael Dorn back - but it's not the sun, sea, sand or sex for which the resort is famous.

The 21-year-old from Blacktown is part of a thriving amateur bodybuilding subculture that uses anabolic steroids and growth hormones as a fast track to the ultimate ''ripped'' body. While the drugs are heavily restricted in Australia by laws that are among the strictest in the world, Dorn - and hundreds like him - have discovered a novel way around the problem: they travel to Thailand on ''steroid vacations''.

A Sun-Herald investigation has found that rather than risk prosecution in Australia, everyday gym users are travelling to Asia and ''stacking'' a dangerous cocktail of steroids that include powerful veterinary drugs and fertility medicine.

While police in Australia warn of a growing trade in steroids - and are increasingly finding them during raids aimed at party drugs - health experts say the products can cause life-threatening heart and liver damage, as well as baldness and infertility.

But in Thailand, price is part of the allure: during a two-week investigation, this reporter visited Bangkok and Pattaya pharmacies that sell some steroid brands for 10 times less than what they fetch on Sydney's black market.

Full source: http://www.wellingto...on/2569969.aspx

-- WELLINGTON Times 2012-05-28

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Living large in Thailand: Sharky's tale

TIM ''SHARKY'' WARD is an imposing former Gold Coast loan shark. He has also become an online social media celebrity among the amateur bodybuilding community, boasting more than 30,000 followers.

Now living in the Thai beach resort of Pattaya, he openly admits to being a full-time steroid user.

''I take testosterone, I take deca [a popular, slow-bulking, synthetic steroid] for my joints and muscle tears and I take human growth hormones, which is phenomenal in that it gives me enormous energy and makes me so much more alert.''

Sharky has an opinion on most subjects - and when it comes to the young bodybuilders who frequent his town for steroids, he pulls no punches. ''I don't do it to stand in front of a mirror, rub myself in fake tan and win plastic trophies,'' he tells Fairfax Media. ''I do it because it makes me feel good, and whose business is it to say I shouldn't? Look at all the damage done by alcohol and tobacco. They cause far more destruction to people's lives.''

Full story: http://www.smh.com.a...0526-1zbtp.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2012-05-28

footer_n.gif

TIM ''SHARKY'' WARD is an imposing former Gold Coast loan shark. He has also become an online social media celebrity among the amateur bodybuilding community, boasting more than 30,000 followers.

Now living in the Thai beach resort of Pattaya, he openly admits to being a full-time steroid user.

''I take testosterone, I take deca [a popular, slow-bulking, synthetic steroid] for my joints and muscle tears and I take human growth hormones, which is phenomenal in that it gives me enormous energy and makes me so much more alert.''

Additional background information on the enormously energetic and alert steroid abuser:

apparently the tim sharky character recently stabbed someone and got arrested.

Angry New Zealand Bodybuilder Stabs Canadian English Teacher In Pattaya

http://www.thaivisa....her-in-pattaya/

Edited by Buchholz

Additional background information on the enormously energetic and alert steroid abuser:

apparently the tim sharky character recently stabbed someone and got arrested.

Angry New Zealand Bodybuilder Stabs Canadian English Teacher In Pattaya

http://www.thaivisa....her-in-pattaya/

I thought they arrested loan sharks in Thailand?

this Tim wards guys facebook is quite hilariouse. He posts pics picking up different girls everynight from the bars and giving a humrouse view of peoples lives in pattaya.

So this Guy openly admits to take Illegal Drugs in Thailand on a daily Basis.

Quite Clever ...

Maybe someone should tell him that Steroids are Illegal in Thailand since a couple of years..

this Tim wards guys facebook is quite hilariouse. He posts pics picking up different girls everynight from the bars and giving a humrouse view of peoples lives in pattaya.

He seems quite proud to be himself,

and violently wonders why people comment negatively...

Gee willikers Uncle Bumps, dat man dun sho gun crezy

Edited by animatic

Nice to see the media is promoting a criminal.

Bring your mates and come pump ya self full of steroid drugs, then keel over and have a heart attack. Perfect!

But oh wait, then we at TV have to spend the next month listening to your family back home tell us what a great intelligent person you are.

Thailand's even got an industry promoter, get signed up to his Facebook page today. rolleyes.gif

Quite Clever ...

Maybe someone should tell him that Steroids are Illegal in Thailand since a couple of years..

and so is prostitution, corrupt police and officials, gambling, sieges of cities, TIT

Look at all the damage done by alcohol and tobacco. They cause far more destruction to people's lives.''

Nice to see the classic drug-addict line used so freely. "Their drug is more harmful than mine".

Insert here also alcoholic saying at least I'm not a junkie. Meth-head saying at least I don't drink. Etc.Etc. Lovely.

Note also his use of "they make me feel good" & so that makes it okay. Same line as used by morphinists since the dawn of time.

He is correct that it is nobody's business except his own what drugs he abuses, until the day those drugs turn him psychotic & he unscrews some total strangers head like a jar-top. Some drugs are regulated not only to protect the users health but to protect society at large from that user. Steroids & growth hormones are regulated for BOTH reasons.

Synthetic steroids are incredibly harmful to the human body, brain & personality. Unless you are taking medical steroids for example for asthma, and it is essential to keep you alive, they should be avoided. Even in essential medical use, steroids are last resort & discouraged because of inflaming or generating personality disorders. Like all modern drugs of the last 100 years the long term effects can still only be guessed at, and doctors are continuously updating and changing their stance based on developing feedback. Drugs are launched with a fanfare then discreetly taken off the market a few years later when the bodies start piling up - this happens all the time.

All drugs (and foods) affect the human brain, and affect behaviour, to a lesser or greater degree. Steroids are 'uppers' and need to be maintained to stay 'up', to avoid the colossal crushing 'low'. You don't want to run into somebody coming down off long-term steroid abuse in a dark alley.

Secondly, black market drugs are cut with brick dust, laundry liquid and anything going. Toxins build up in the human liver and brain cause overload, again with potential psychotic effects. I get offered fake epilepsy drugs all the time in Thailand at 20% normal price, but I value my life so I only buy from hospital shop.

Nonsence... for the most part.

• Like 1

I feel anyone should be able to use them if they want to. I have used them for 8 weeks a couple of years back. After weighing the pro's and the cons and studying the risks. Now i don't feel that i need them but if someone wants it up to them.

But why ???? I go to the gym everyday (just about) and look after myself and what I eat and drink (everything in moderation). But I've never understood those people that pump themselves up to such alarming levels that they just become freaks. And if you're using drugs to support this then it seems crackers (to me).

Take one example from the news article: taking artifical TS will cause the body's glands that produce this hormone to reduce, if not shutdown, production - hence you're balls are going to shrink ! (sad.png ). To me this seems to obviate one of the main reasons that people would want to cultivate the body beautiful i.e. become more attractive to the opposite sex.

Why have Zyzz as a role model. Ripped at 21 yrs old, heart explodes at 22.

Live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.

Look at Schwarzenegger or Silvester Stallone. Both filled themself up with Steroids and didn't explode.

Why have Zyzz as a role model. Ripped at 21 yrs old, heart explodes at 22.

Live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.

Look at Schwarzenegger or Silvester Stallone. Both filled themself up with Steroids and didn't explode.

Drat.

• Like 1

Quite Clever ...

Do you have a source that these are illegal? I thought they were legal. Pretty much anything is legal here as long as it doesn't get you high or can be used to make drugs that get you high. Hence them cracking down on cold medicine recently.

I feel anyone should be able to use them if they want to. I have used them for 8 weeks a couple of years back. After weighing the pro's and the cons and studying the risks. Now i don't feel that i need them but if someone wants it up to them.

But why ???? I go to the gym everyday (just about) and look after myself and what I eat and drink (everything in moderation). But I've never understood those people that pump themselves up to such alarming levels that they just become freaks. And if you're using drugs to support this then it seems crackers (to me).

Take one example from the news article: taking artifical TS will cause the body's glands that produce this hormone to reduce, if not shutdown, production - hence you're balls are going to shrink ! (sad.png ). To me this seems to obviate one of the main reasons that people would want to cultivate the body beautiful i.e. become more attractive to the opposite sex.

They don't shrink if you know what you are doing. There is so much misinformation there that I don't know where to start.

It's a newspaper it needs to be sensational. Never mind about the truth it's better to scare people then to give out real information.

If you use it all the time it's harmful but there are so many users who use it in moderation with set protocols who never have problems. But you need to read and study a lot before you can even talk about this.

Governments love to scare people about how bad something is citing the worst possible outcome in unrealistic scenarios for many of the users.

I don't expect many people to understand because it's easier to condem.

I have used it as I stated for 8 weeks a couple of years back. I also did extensive research. But please don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

Nah, sorry, don't buy your argument.

I tend to trust the advice the UK governments gives me on health matters and the information I get from my primary news sources e.g. BBC (TV and on-line) and The Guardian newspaper.

I'm going to stick with my completely drug-free training regime.

You can't just say all steroids are the same and have the same side effects at different doses and different duration and such. There is no nuance in the whole article.

If you are talking full time steroid users i agree with all of you that its bad for the body. If you are talking about people who take it once in a year or so on not to high doses. The effects on your health are totally different. Also the side effects between steroids is different. There are many steroids and they all have different side effects at different dosages.

They don't shrink if you know what you are doing. There is so much misinformation there that I don't know where to start.

It's a newspaper it needs to be sensational. Never mind about the truth it's better to scare people then to give out real information.

If you use it all the time it's harmful but there are so many users who use it in moderation with set protocols who never have problems. But you need to read and study a lot before you can even talk about this.

Governments love to scare people about how bad something is citing the worst possible outcome in unrealistic scenarios for many of the users.

I don't expect many people to understand because it's easier to condem.

I have used it as I stated for 8 weeks a couple of years back. I also did extensive research. But please don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

Nah, sorry, don't buy your argument.

I tend to trust the advice the UK governments gives me on health matters and the information I get from my primary news sources e.g. BBC (TV and on-line) and The Guardian newspaper.

I'm going to stick with my completely drug-free training regime.

I liked the line I don't do it so I can stand in front of the mirror. Then it goes on to show a picture of him walking down the street all bronzed up dressed to show his stand in front of the mirror body.

A friend of mine got started on it after studding up on it for the specific reason to build up his legs.

He said eating properly was a big part of it.

Quite Clever ...

Do you have a source that these are illegal? I thought they were legal. Pretty much anything is legal here as long as it doesn't get you high or can be used to make drugs that get you high. Hence them cracking down on cold medicine recently.

Trust me they are illegal.

Not everything you can buy here in Thailand over the Counter of a pharmacy is legal for you to consume, sell etc.

For example

The drug dealer, who normally sold her drugs online, was caught red-handed on her first time distributing drugs in person, selling 10 boxes of illegal steroids – all worth approximately 31,000 Baht.

Tourist Police Division (located at Supachalasai Stadium), Police Captain Peerapat Paromwut Deputy Investigating Officer stated that the arrest of 29-year-old Ms. Penprakai Tieng-ngok has occurred at Ekkamai Bus Station. The police discovered that this bus stop was a meeting point of a drug suspect, who has been distributing Steroids to Thai and foreign clients via the Internet. The police carried out a sting operation accordingly.

After interrogation, the suspect confessed that this was her first time dealing the drugs in person. She worked for Mrs. Ya – owner of a drug store in South Pattaya. The suspect’s delivery payment was 2,000 Baht.

The suspect was a former winner of 2010 Asian body builder and fitness competition, under 164 cm category, in Singapore.

The suspect was charged with distribution of illegal drugs – sentenced to 5 years and fined 10,000 Baht. Police continued their questioning.

Quite Clever ...

Trust me they are illegal.

Not everything you can buy here in Thailand over the Counter of a pharmacy is legal for you to consume, sell etc.

For example

The drug dealer, who normally sold her drugs online, was caught red-handed on her first time distributing drugs in person, selling 10 boxes of illegal steroids – all worth approximately 31,000 Baht.

Tourist Police Division (located at Supachalasai Stadium), Police Captain Peerapat Paromwut Deputy Investigating Officer stated that the arrest of 29-year-old Ms. Penprakai Tieng-ngok has occurred at Ekkamai Bus Station. The police discovered that this bus stop was a meeting point of a drug suspect, who has been distributing Steroids to Thai and foreign clients via the Internet. The police carried out a sting operation accordingly.

After interrogation, the suspect confessed that this was her first time dealing the drugs in person. She worked for Mrs. Ya – owner of a drug store in South Pattaya. The suspect’s delivery payment was 2,000 Baht.

The suspect was a former winner of 2010 Asian body builder and fitness competition, under 164 cm category, in Singapore.

The suspect was charged with distribution of illegal drugs – sentenced to 5 years and fined 10,000 Baht. Police continued their questioning.

P.s There is another Topic but it s closed check it out and scroll down

I actually have got primary-progressive, late stage multiple-sclerosis with a side-order of seizures. I was born with MS and have been exposed to steroids all my life from doctors who offer me every single new MS steroid on the market, all of which cause massive side effects & often worsening of health. And those are medical-grade steroids, clinical grade & controlled. Not like the commercial or street steroids which are high dose and unregulated & are therefor far more dangerous than medical steroids prescribed for ailments.

I made the adult decision to avoid steroid-therapy and take only epilepsy drugs for my seizures. Steroids affect the nervous system, blood-brain barrier, many internal organs & of course the brain & personality.

I have a friend back in the Uk who was hooked on steroids for years which he started while working nightclub doorman. He gave up because of erratic moodswings & changes to his earlier happy personality. He said the come-down from stopping using them made him angry and suicidally depressed, a similar problem to many stimulant type subtstances.

As other posters have rightly said, millions of bodybuilders work out and have beautiful strong bodies without using steroid drugs.

My original post was just my way of countering the OP in case there are some impressionable young people reading this and thinking "he says he feels great and looks great" etc. I would offer them the known scientific truths instead.

With respect, Yunla, the differentiation between corticosteroids (which is what I presume you've been prescribed for your MS) and anabolic steroids (what the body builders take) are that they are different birds altogether.

I sincerely extend my best wishes to you and best of luck in your continuing battle against that dreadful ailment. wai.gif

corticosteroids:

http://en.wikipedia..../Corticosteroid

anabolic steroids:

http://en.wikipedia....nabolic_steroid

Edited by Buchholz