Airport Link / Bts Or Taxi To Suk 18?

Hi,

Could anyone give a comparison (time and cost) for two people to travel from Suvarnabhumi to Sukhumvit 18 on a Saturday morning around 10:00?

How much would it cost and how long would it take via Airport Link (express) and BTS?

How much would it cost and how long would it take to travel solely by taxi?

I realize that any responses will be estimates, especially concerning time.

Thanks very much.

smile.png

It will take about an hour to get to suk 18 on the slow airport rail link, and about 30 minutes using the express service. I use the slow one for 40 baht, plus 20 baht on the bts. The fast one I never used but I think it is at least twice the cost.

I'd say youd be looking at about an hour in the cab, you'll get 90% of the way in 10% of the time, and that last 10% will take up 90% of your time :) That will be at least 250 or 300.

Maybe people can correct my figures a little. Anyway, if i were you id just jump on the slow airport link, unless you have loads of baggage :)

It will take about an hour to get to suk 18 on the slow airport rail link, and about 30 minutes using the express service. I use the slow one for 40 baht, plus 20 baht on the bts. The fast one I never used but I think it is at least twice the cost.

I'd say youd be looking at about an hour in the cab, you'll get 90% of the way in 10% of the time, and that last 10% will take up 90% of your time smile.png That will be at least 250 or 300.

Maybe people can correct my figures a little. Anyway, if i were you id just jump on the slow airport link, unless you have loads of baggage smile.png

30 minutes by taxi may be a little optimistic, but I don't think it would take an hour that late on a Saturday morning.

I'd say youd be looking at about an hour in the cab, you'll get 90% of the way in 10% of the time, and that last 10% will take up 90% of your time smile.png That will be at least 250 or 300.

Maybe people can correct my figures a little. Anyway, if i were you id just jump on the slow airport link, unless you have loads of baggage smile.png

30 minutes by taxi may be a little optimistic, but I don't think it would take an hour that late on a Saturday morning.

Yes, probably right. And any waiting for a taxi im sure would be more than offset by waiting and walking all the way down to the rail link.

Anyway, I am always alone, but the cheap rail link is a no brainer for me. 60 baht to get home it's a really easy decision, but i realize others have other things to consider.

Edited by meand

How far down Soi 18 is your destination? I only ask as you will if have to factor this in if you choose the SARL - BTS/MRT option as you will have to walk from Asoke/BTS or Sukhumvit /MRT.

Headways (wait times between trains) on the City Line SARL are 20 minutes on the weekend with the journey to Phaya Thai taking a scheduled 25 min., while headways are 40 min. on the Express to Makassan and 30 min. on the Express to Phaya Thai, with journeys taking ~ 15 min.

The City Line fare to Phaya Thai is 45 baht one-way, the Express fare is 150 baht/roundtrip.

You can go to Phaya Thai then take the BTS to Asoke (30 baht each), or to Makassan then the MRT to Sukhumivt (15 baht each) this does involve a lengthy walk between the City Air Terminal at Makassan and the Petchaburi MRT/subway stop)

Trip durations are challenging to pin-point given the variables in schedules, wait times, transit times, ticket purchasing times, finding your way, schlepping up and down stairs, walking with luggage in torrential downpours, etc. Figure 60 - 90 min. for the public transport option, and 30 - 45 min for a taxi as it is a Saturday.

Edited by lomatopo

No way would it take an hour on Saturday morning. 30-40 tops. I do it regularly around that time.

50 for airport pickup. 70 for tolls. 200 meter.