Ned Kelly Down Under Aussie Pie

SausageKing

well after eating over eight Ned Kelly Aussie pies am a true fan. So as i promised the pies would be sold hot to take away from our work shop Friday and Saturday,But think 2 days in not enough as a lot of you come here today early.So i will start to sell Tomorrow Thursday Friday Saturday this week. Rob.

post-112062-0-39700500-1338381428_thumb.

post-112062-0-32392400-1338381455_thumb.

post-112062-0-10284600-1338381476_thumb.

post-112062-0-08389500-1338381503_thumb.

post-112062-0-73281100-1338381528_thumb.

post-112062-0-02148300-1338381560_thumb.

Just an observation, photo 6 has the "model" gurning to catch any droppings.

Does this mean the pies have a wet crust at the bottom but this will be ironed out before final production.

As you can appreciate no one likes a soggy bottom

wow today we sold over 5 trays of the wonderful Ned kelly pies on our first day,Very popular i have to say.We will be baking more Friday & Saturday so don't worry enough for everybody. We will also be making large fresh sausage rolls that are made with puff pastry that made with real Aussie butter.

We also have more of the Indian Aussie lamb shami Kebabs with a yogurt dip on sale over next 2 days.Rob.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tok=AsZG6oO33GHFvEnWPrT5qg&pq=pork+pie&cp=10&gs_id=22&xhr=t&q=sausage+king+chiang+mai&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

post-112062-0-43955500-1338453245_thumb.

post-112062-0-00414300-1338453298_thumb.

post-112062-0-96135600-1338453369_thumb.

post-112062-0-50927800-1338453475_thumb.

post-112062-0-83018700-1338453516_thumb.

I'll have mine with mash and peas, like the stand at Woolloomooloo, thank you very much.
cafe de wheels.. it doesn't get better than that ! smile.pnghttp://www.harryscaf...tegory=1&pkid=9

That is bringing back memories.

I've had a few of those...the pie with mashed potato and mushy peas and gravy....to which i always added tomato sauce...

Two of those did the trick every time.

Think we should have the pie challenge per week.This week Aussie Ned kelly pie that should be in the top 5 pies of the world,maybe a veggie mite topping and not cheese he he joking.or maybe a rare American pie ?

I'm amazed how fast you turned out a Ned Kelly after it was requested...........I know you have all sort of requests pending and always make an effort to produce the goods / open to ideas.........well done!

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

One could consider a 'meat pie' to be one of Australia's national dishes - footy (& god forbid cricket) wouldn't be footy without meat pies & hot dogs.

Being from downunder I've eaten hundreds, if not thousands, of meat pies in my lifetime & I must say I have never known of an Aussie meat pie with an egg inside, sorry, but I stand corrected. After all Australia is a BIG place.

For those doubting my words then may I suggest you check out the link provided by ChiangMai2 above. "Harrys Cafe de Wheels" would have to be the biggest (& most famous) outlet for pies in (Sydney) Australia.

One could consider a 'meat pie' to be one of Australia's national dishes - footy (& god forbid cricket) wouldn't be footy without meat pies & hot dogs.

Being from downunder I've eaten hundreds, if not thousands, of meat pies in my lifetime & I must say I have never known of an Aussie meat pie with an egg inside, sorry, but I stand corrected. After all Australia is a BIG place.

For those doubting my words then may I suggest you check out the link provided by ChiangMai2 above. "Harrys Cafe de Wheels" would have to be the biggest (& most famous) outlet for pies in (Sydney) Australia.

My thoughts exactly as far as the egg in the pie thing..i have never seen it anywhere in Aus.

But good luck with business anyway, the only way you could have done a better job at self promotion was if you ran a language school biggrin.png

• Like 1

I have never known of an Aussie meat pie with an egg inside

Same here although one of the best pies i've tasted came from a small pie shop just up the hill from the Pialba caravan park in Qld. The guy has won many pie awards around Oz.

His Breakfast Pie is fantastic. The filling looks like a standard pie until you bite into it. The flavours of a full breakfast with bacon, egg yoke and sausage ooze out with each bite. I'm drooling as I type.

Same here although one of the best pies i've tasted came from a small pie shop just up the hill from the Pialba caravan park in Qld. The guy has won many pie awards around Oz.

His Breakfast Pie is fantastic. The filling looks like a standard pie until you bite into it. The flavours of a full breakfast with bacon, egg yoke and sausage ooze out with each bite. I'm drooling as I type.

wow a breakfast pie sounds like that's worth a try for next weeks pie day.

post-112062-0-71162000-1338519446_thumb.

• Like 1

wow today we sold over 5 trays of the wonderful Ned kelly pies on our first day,Very popular i have to say.We will be baking more Friday & Saturday so don't worry enough for everybody. We will also be making large fresh sausage rolls that are made with puff pastry that made with real Aussie butter.

We also have more of the Indian Aussie lamb shami Kebabs with a yogurt dip on sale over next 2 days.Rob.

http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Three weeks and I'll be there - hope they're in the oven that weekend!

That'd be http://youtu.be/s4Ic3RqPIJo...

They must be just a Victorian thing. Made famous by the Beechworth Bakery, which is mainly in Victoria (although they do have a few bakeries straddling the border...

You're right about Australia being a big place - I'd never heard of Harry's Cafe de Wheels until ChiangMai2's post above!

That does sound delicious!

SK actually got the tip, and the recipe for the Ned Kelly Pie from a fellow Aussie one week ago today; and had the prototype in the oven two days later!

Looking forward to trying his breakfast pie... ;)

wow some good links and ideas,Have to say the Possum could be a Challenge. Think the Breakfast pie may happen today and i will drop one for you Pedra.The breakfast pie has no top right ? The Ned Kelly pie have been getting snapped up pretty quick the last 2 days.

post-112062-0-00425000-1338595740_thumb.

Edited by SausageKing

Well i could not wait until next week so i made the Aussie breakfast pie this morning and just eaten one.It was amazing taste and i love it. its not as i thought it was going to be,Its much better,There are some hot breakfast pies left if anybody is over this way today.

ingredients

Breakfast sausage sliced

onions

cheese

tomatoes

potato

smoked bacon

full egg per pie

salt

pepper

shortcrust pastry made with Aussie butter

Hunts tomato ketchup from Rimping supermarket

post-112062-0-13466900-1338610158_thumb.

post-112062-0-25176300-1338610192_thumb.

post-112062-0-82621200-1338610246_thumb.

post-112062-0-11260600-1338610277_thumb.

post-112062-0-08993800-1338610308_thumb.

post-112062-0-33849700-1338610345_thumb.

post-112062-0-45221900-1338610609_thumb.

post-112062-0-65409400-1338611129_thumb.

• Like 2

dam_n that looks good!

Not sure how good but made 145 of the Aussie breakfast pies before noon and by 3pm 1 left and all positive feedback comments on taste.Next weekend 100% beef steak pies and the breakfast pie + some large fresh sausage rolls. yum yum.

dam_n that looks good!

Not sure how good but made 145 of the Aussie breakfast pies before noon and by 3pm 1 left and all positive feedback comments on taste.Next weekend 100% beef steak pies and the breakfast pie + some large fresh sausage rolls. yum yum.

Own up now......how many of those did you eat yourself.