Rant - What Is Wrong With The Tent Shop People In Chaweng?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100% Rob but you really should get out a bit more

It's been exactly like that for years

and I mean years

Oh and I don't do calculators either, just look away and say you have been talking to me since I walked in, why do you need a calculator now?

Edited by CARLIN

Having a bad day, are we?wink.png

Dont be daft!

All gone now. My proctologist prescribed me large doses of TV as outlet therapy and it works.

Due to this my day has become as placid as A Swiss restaurant with no Formula 1.

R

Agree 100% Rob but you really should get out a bit more

It's been exactly like that for years

and I mean years

Oh and I don't do calculators either, just look away and say you have been talking to me since I walked in, why do you need a calculator now?

My work takes me frequently to the big city, but as to financial intercourse, I have steered clear of this aspect for half a (unexpected pregnancy) generation.

Give me Thai rude anyday. I can handle Thai rude. Passive-aggressive - bank teller carry on chomping on under-counter food/talking on phone - then serving Thai person who has barged me away from the window. I just sit quietly in the corner on a seat and pee down my shorts-leg on the floor before withdrawing, dignity intact. But these tent-people . . . the word Molotov springs unbidden to mind, for some reason . . .

R

haha that was funny, cheers Rob.

Yes Nathon for sure, I know there are lots of bag shops there but there is one particular shop i've used and the quality, price and service was great and the bag has done some serious service on a weekly basis. If you come on to the beach road from Honda heading north towards Nathon Pier, it's on the second street on turning right and it is the first bag shop on the right, run by a nice Thai family. Not sure if it's the second or first street now...erm it's not the one where there is few small massage parlors down it, it is the next street up.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Yes Nathon for sure, I know there are lots of bag shops there but there is one particular shop i've used and the quality, price and service was great and the bag has done some serious service on a weekly basis. If you come on to the beach road from Honda heading north towards Nathon Pier, it's on the second street on turning right and it is the first bag shop on the right, run by a nice Thai family. Not sure if it's the second or first street now...erm it's not the one where there is few small massage parlors down it, it is the next street up.

ERM . . . chuckle - what?

Honda, north, pier. Second street turning - hold on, too many Changs happening here . . . Begin outside the Yamaha shop in the Middle Road, as that's where I GLEAN it might be. With my back to the shop I can go left up/down the Middle Road. And then I go . . . .

Do you perchance mean to refer to the "arcade" that's more or less opposite the Government building . . . ? (Buy you a beer if you can direct me . . . )

R

Having a bad day, are we?wink.png

Come on curmon - you just gotta tell me how I can change the title above my aardvark - no, wossit - avatar - to something really good like what you got.

Gwan gwan gwan - tell me tell me!

R

Please can anyone tell me where there is an online smiley I can use for xxxxxxx?

Sometimes xxxxxxx just isn't enough.

Rooo?

R

Not sure what your trying to say Rob

but you could try Waitrose

.post-145739-0-40892400-1338394256_thumb.

Funny read but at the same moment a sad read.

As a tourist the tailors on chaweng road gives me the same feeling.

First trip to Samui i shook a tailors hand because i thought it was polite.

Wow was i in for a lesson there :)

Must admit that i find it a lot more pleasant to shop in for example Nathon.

They are not so aggresive over there imo.

I remember a specific good experience at Nathon where i visited some sort of home improvement shop that sold all kinds of wood,planks,signs etc.

Wanted to buy a sign saying "Watch your head" and give to a barowner in Chaweng cause i always bang my head into his doorframe when i go to the toilet :)

No signs at the shop saying that, but the kind thailady called her husband and handed me the phone, so i could try and explain to him what i was looking for

and if it was possible to carve a sign like that.

He couldn't make the sign, and i was leaving the shop again after saying goodbye to the thailady, which was still very polite and in a good mood.

If i ever need something i saw in their shop, i will go there and buy it, just cause i got treated well the first time, even when not buying anything.

Thumbs up for the shopkeepers who actually runs a business and treat their customers well, even those not buying anything.

Honda, north, pier. Second street turning - hold on, too many Changs happening here . . . Begin outside the Yamaha shop in the Middle Road, as that's where I GLEAN it might be. With my back to the shop I can go left up/down the Middle Road. And then I go . . . .

Do you perchance mean to refer to the "arcade" that's more or less opposite the Government building . . . ? (Buy you a beer if you can direct me . . . )

R

haha yeah just read that again....ok if you are coming from the north and you hit Nathon town, the government building is on your left and the street becomes one-way and there is a right hand turn available, not there. Keep heading along and it is the first street on your right, follow it down to the beachfront and it is the last bag shop on your left.

Please can anyone tell me where there is an online smiley I can use for xxxxxxx?

Rooo?

R

Nah - it's OK.

Every time I wrote xxxxxxxx Rooo edited it to xxxx. That's all!

R(ooo)

Edited by Rooo

Rooo?

R

Classic photo and well done Rob for the entertainment. But you actually did know better than to shop in Chewang. whistling.gif

In almost every example, you were the person who was being rude.

I'd just adore an expansion of this.

I go into shop, say I'm only looking and the guy wanders off to watch TV. I ask how much and he says I'll tell you when you're buying. Then verbally abuses me when I tell him the guy next door is able to tell me this.

Another shop and the salesperson won't tell me the price. He has been trained to display this on a calculator and is unable to actually speak about the price.

Another shop and the salesperson states a price that is three times anywhere else, then, rather than discussing this in order to sell his own product, screams at me, follows me out yelling, and wont let me ride away.

Pray, do explain, just, in what aspects of my shopping, was I in any way rude? I am probably the least rude person you, even at your tender age, are ever likely to meet.I was trained at the tit to say please and thank you and open doors in front of Thai people who let them smack back into my face. I nod and bow automatically, even when it is not to my advantage to do so. I will even smile and say "please excuse me" before I hit someone - although I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for this now.

Other than to tell salespersons that there were not doing a very good job? (Without yelling, frothing, slavering, slavering, throwing things about, blocking the salesperson's egress, cursing about his origins, ethnicity, and options in his shopping choices? I call that rude.)

What's your definition?

Please, do tell. Can't wait to hear what you have to say. Though, on reflection, you're never going to find it in you to reply to this.

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

Rooo?

R

Classic photo and well done Rob for the entertainment. But you actually did know better than to shop in Chewang. whistling.gif

Sigh.

It's been a long time. Things change.

dancing-baby.jpg

R

Rooo?

R

They make Spam, no?

post-4665-0-19846500-1338397595.jpg

post-4665-0-73809900-1338397607_thumb.jp

Edited by robsamui

Funny read but at the same moment a sad read.

As a tourist the tailors on chaweng road gives me the same feeling.

First trip to Samui i shook a tailors hand because i thought it was polite.

Wow was i in for a lesson there smile.png

Must admit that i find it a lot more pleasant to shop in for example Nathon.

They are not so aggresive over there imo.

I remember a specific good experience at Nathon where i visited some sort of home improvement shop that sold all kinds of wood,planks,signs etc.

Wanted to buy a sign saying "Watch your head" and give to a barowner in Chaweng cause i always bang my head into his doorframe when i go to the toilet smile.png

No signs at the shop saying that, but the kind thailady called her husband and handed me the phone, so i could try and explain to him what i was looking for

and if it was possible to carve a sign like that.

He couldn't make the sign, and i was leaving the shop again after saying goodbye to the thailady, which was still very polite and in a good mood.

If i ever need something i saw in their shop, i will go there and buy it, just cause i got treated well the first time, even when not buying anything.

Thumbs up for the shopkeepers who actually runs a business and treat their customers well, even those not buying anything.

Hi Virt.

Yes, I think that the stallholders in Chaweng have become infected. Unless you are an obvious accountant and tourist just stepping out of a taxi, they have no interest. These guys are not stupid, even tho they are aggressive. They can read a customer instantly. I'm wearing black trousers, white shirt, have a laptop bag and holding car keys. Not interested to the point of aggressive rudeness.

Nathon is more pleasant in all respects!

R

Sometimes allot of these people are not Thai which annoys me more because they give it the large more than the Thai people.

I have been kicked out of stalls in all of Thailand for asking too many questions it is fustrating.

I miean the object of being a customer is to enquire about the product before buying it. specially as there is no set price just up to the shop keeper.

i was in lamden market trying to buy some gear. The man talked me into buying the stuff and before i had a chance to answer talked me not into buying it then before i even opened my mouth he kicked me out the shoo and told me he is not selling to me. i burst out laughing. what a tw=w=T

I said how much for the shirt and the toruser.

400 baht for shirt 400 for trousers. you want shirt or trousers?

You want shirt and trousers?

800 baht you give me 800 baht?

You want or not ?

Ok now i not sell you go ?

lol funny thing is the shop next foor sold everything the same for 200 baht each. i dunno.

R

haha yeah just read that again....ok if you are coming from the north and you hit Nathon town, the government building is on your left and the street becomes one-way and there is a right hand turn available, not there. Keep heading along and it is the first street on your right, follow it down to the beachfront and it is the last bag shop on your left.

Bob - just got to have a beer with you one day (but it seems you'll be buying.) You give directions like a girl.

Not possible to follow what you say - will walk around and find a nice-person bag shop!

Ta anyway!

R

I go into shop, say I'm only looking and the guy wanders off to watch TV. I ask how much and he says I'll tell you when you're buying. Then verbally abuses me when I tell him the guy next door is able to tell me this.

Another shop and the salesperson won't tell me the price. He has been trained to display this on a calculator and is unable to actually speak about the price.

Another shop and the salesperson states a price that is three times anywhere else, then, rather than discussing this in order to sell his own product, screams at me, follows me out yelling, and wont let me ride away.

Pray, do explain, just, in what aspects of my shopping, was I in any way rude? I am probably the least rude person you, even at your tender age, are ever likely to meet.I was trained at the tit to say please and thank you and open doors in front of Thai people who let them smack back into my face. I nod and bow automatically, even when it is not to my advantage to do so. I will even smile and say "please excuse me" before I hit someone - although I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for this now.

Other than to tell salespersons that there were not doing a very good job? (Without yelling, frothing, slavering, slavering, throwing things about, blocking the salesperson's egress, cursing about his origins, ethnicity, and options in his shopping choices? I call that rude.)

What's your definition?

Please, do tell. Can't wait to hear what you have to say. Though, on reflection, you're never going to find it in you to reply to this.

R

Why are you getting your panties in a twist about this? Yes, he is right. You are, and remain, the rude one.

He wrote the price on a calculator but since your a princess you needed him to say it to you. Dude, he deals with people who don't speak english as a primary language every day. The calculator doesn't lie so there is no arguments afterward about "you said 100" not "1000".

Afterward you get pissed because you specifically tell a guy who obviously does not own the shop that you won't buy anything but come here are negotiate with me anyways. Yeah, that sounds like fun.

In the last example you get mad because some girl high balls you on the price that you have been dying to get. Genius, that's parts of negotiation.

Stop ranting and start analyzing, because your angry, childish tantrums have nothing to do with "tent" people and more to do with your inability to "get respect" or whatever nonsense you think you deserve from decent strangers.

you sound like the perfect mug that these shop owners are looking for. people like you keep these rude <deleted> in business.

this is how they work. they do not like sensible forangs. they like buffalow forangs that just give them money and judging by the amount of rude market shops sellers and the fact they are still in business there clients must be based on one born every minute hence there is one on here. lol.

don'tget your nickers in a twist. it could cost you an arm and a leg tobuy a new pair

• Like 1

What's your definition?

R

Why are you getting your panties in a twist about this? Yes, he is right. You are, and remain, the rude one.

He wrote the price on a calculator but since your a princess you needed him to say it to you. Dude, he deals with people who don't speak english as a primary language every day. DUDE - he speaks with people everyday who's only common language IS English. If we have been chatting in English for 3 or 4 minutes first - why the calculator? The calculator doesn't lie so there is no arguments afterward about "you said 100" not "1000". Utter <deleted>.

Afterward you get pissed because you specifically tell a guy who obviously does not own the shop that you won't buy anything but come here are negotiate with me anyways. Yeah, that sounds like fun.

In the last example you get mad because some girl high balls you on the price that you have been dying to get. Come again? 2,500 is first price up the road. Means that the bottom line is 1,500 - 1,900 baht. How trained do you need to be to NOT start at 600% profit? Genius, that's parts of negotiation. In this case a very bad part of it.

Stop ranting and start analyzing, because your angry, childish tantrums have nothing to do with "tent" people and more to do with your inability to "get respect" or whatever nonsense you think you deserve from decent strangers.

Excuse me - when did I rant? Did I have a tantrum? All I did was laugh when someone offered me a 1,500 baht bag for 6,000 baht. Wasn't me that ran round on the road yelling and frothing!