Central Samui

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<deleted>, half of the restaurants are the the same as tesco and big c ?????

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh great so does this mean it'll be full of the same poor quality over priced rubbish? I naively thought it might be full of well known foreign outlets, providing quality goods that actually work properly and last more than a year.

So there will be a Top Charoen optical, a KFC, maybe a MacDonalds, Levi, gold shops galore, pharmacies galore just incase you thought there were not enough already, American which might just be having a 50% off sale.....oh and an MK restaurant. How exciting!

The best thing about seems to be the 200 parking spaces and if everyone can pay for using it then i'd certainly go out in Chaweng more often.

The Central food courts are really really good, clean and not too overly expensive either, so I'm excited about this and it'll be the first thing I'm gonna check out.

Hope ALL of the cinemas in Major Cineplex will be digital.

So after looking through the facebook page for central festival here's what I can only assume will be the shops so far

1. 3BB

2. AIS

3. B2S

4. BATA

5. Beauty Cottage

6. Black Canyon

7. Central Department Store

8. Coffee Club

9. Crocs

10. Donna Chang

11. DTAC ( not on there facebook page however would not be suprised to see them there at some point )

12. Espirit

13. Haagen Dazs

14. Harnn

15. Major Cineplex

16. Oriental Princess

17. PowerBuy

18. The pretzel company or auntie anne pretzel

19. Starbucks

20. Supersports

21. The body Shop

22. Tops Supermarket

23. TOT ( again not on there facebook page however could show up at some point

24. True

25. A restaurant from the Zazen Hotel

26. Zen Japanese Food

27. Food Court

28. Wine Connection

Other areas i'm sure we will see

Banks

Watsons / Boots

Place to buy DVD's

Massage Shop

Restaurants / Fast Food

More Clothing Brands

If i'm missing anything add on to it. I think though I've got the majority covered

Edited by livinthailandos
  • Like 2

The comeback from Zen!

Many still missing;

Sizzler (as I mentioned already)

Shabushi

Just to name two. Unfortunately since it looks like more or less the same options as are already available at Big C and Tesco Lotus.

The only local and new option seems to be Zazen's brasserie.

CentralFestival Samui grand opening on 29 March 2014

'Central Pattana Public Company Limited (CPN) announced that it is ready to unveil its latest grand retail development project, CentralFestival Samui, appealingly located on Koh Samui, the world-renowned tourist destination in Thailand. It is ideally situated on the best location along Chaweng Beach on Koh Samui, which is considered the main business area of the island. CentralFestival Samui will officially open on 29th March, kicking off with a grand opening featuring a fun-filled “Neon Party” with amazing performances such as the Splash Drums show, the Acrobatic Ocean Dance and a special highlight of the party “DJ Spin”. The party will be colourful and nothing short of spectacular and fun, with superstars and celebrities like Pakorn “Dome” Lum, Ratha “Ying” Pohngam, Janesuda Panto, Keng Tachaya and Taengmoe Wallika attending and performing for the crowd. Everyone get ready to enjoy special campaigns and promotions that CentralFestival Samui will be offering at the opening on 29th March.'

continued ...

http://www.traveldailynews.asia/news/article/55101/centralfestival-samui-grand-opening-on

Oh no, looks like it's gonna be packed.

These are some very high profile celebrities.

Thai people will flock to the opening.

I just wanna check out the food court. Maybe get a quick bite and imma outta there.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 2

Well done CPN...

8,000 square meters x 1,200 baht: you will breakeven within less than three years

Ain't that the most important?!?

Mmmm, and what's wrong with that, to turn your investment into a profit?

if it opens on 29.March or 29 July, what's the difference?

Can't wait to hang out at the Mall rolleyes.gif

Be careful, you could get arrested for that. cheesy.gif

sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

There should be an area where only fit woman can shop surrounded by star buckas and class walled restaurant to and coffee shop where is men can sit and watch them shopping

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Just took a drive by..... They are hustling, but I don't see them opening on the 29th with a complete shopping plaza. We have a shop in Tesco and speaking to some of the shops that are moving, the biggest complaint is that they cant find anyone to outfit their new space in Central.

Well done CPN...

8,000 square meters x 1,200 baht: you will breakeven within less than three years

Assuming that is 1,200 baht/month and that your numbers are correct (I have no idea if they are), that makes appx. 350 million in 3 years (and that is revenue, not profit). Are you suggesting they built that place and rented all that land for less than 350 million? I am quite certain is cost alot more.

Other than that, yes I would think profit is the most important to the shareholders of CPN.

Well done CPN...

Assuming that is 1,200 baht/month and that your numbers are correct (I have no idea if they are), that makes appx. 350 million in 3 years (and that is revenue, not profit). Are you suggesting they built that place and rented all that land for less than 350 million? I am quite certain is cost alot more.

Other than that, yes I would think profit is the most important to the shareholders of CPN.

Oups... You are right... Sorry for my mistake, I missed one zero.

That is a 3.1 billion investment

Well done CPN...

Oups... You are right... Sorry for my mistake, I missed one zero.

That is a 3.1 billion investment

I accidentially fell over some info from Central's company reports today. According to Central the net leasable area is 22,600 m2, and the investment cost is 1.4 billion. It currently has 90% occupancy, I did not notice the rental rate, but I am sure it is inthere somewhere :-)

I hope they have sufficient car parking or getting in and out shall be a nightmare

Specially with so many people owning cars now with these new fiancé deals if people cannot get to the mall they won't go

There needs to be 2 story underground parking like in Phuket

I don't know if they have done this

• Like 1

I hope they have sufficient car parking or getting in and out shall be a nightmare

Specially with so many people owning cars now with these new fiancé deals if people cannot get to the mall they won't go

Imagine the chaos at that little roundabout at the end of the lake road with all the coming and going from there.

• Like 2

Imagine the chaos at that little roundabout at the end of the lake road with all the coming and going from there.

Forgot about that. Thats going to be a nightmare when Central opens, and as soon as an accident happens it'll be a gridlock in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

It still says on the projectsite that a modern cinema is planned.

http://www.cpn.co.th/project_detail.aspx?menu=New_Project_Landing&id=10

And i must admit i find it hard to see how they will turn that ugly concrete hell into a "Shopping atmosphere in “Reminiscence of Southern Lifestyle” resort-style with 4 main decoration themes" as they write in the description.

But who knows,

Maybe they pull it off and it will actually become a popular shopping center.

Personally i have no interest as a tourist to visit a place like that to buy brand products.

I prefer to buy them where i live, so i'm just a little bit more sure it's an original thing i'm buying.

I hope for those that live on the island it becomes popular so it does not end up like that big ugly worn out white hotel on the hillside in north end of chaweng.

• Like 2

Big C - love your posts, but you might need to switch off predictive text on the phone.

new fiance deals? Come on, you are married already.facepalm.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

• Like 2