Central Samui

I think the cinema is not that crucial to the grand opening.

all i know is while every one is mobbed in the grand opening i am at telcos where it shall be empty and i can get my shit done and get out.

I am staying well away from that area on 29th. It is crazy people rushing to see a shopping centre open. almost like that have to do it out of an obsession when for real it shall be there the next day and the day after that and that and that

Definatly looks better than what was there before i have noticed quite a few mall opening or opened now and chewing is finally getting the touch up it deserves.

less market stalls where you have to haggle and still pay 500 % more than the value.

Films i get online now.

other stalls are ok but can push them back a bit. tourists like al their crap.

I would like to eat in an indoor restaurant in the evening that is something i am looking forward to. hopefully a sizzler. with a buffet plus there are loads of fit women in these places. i used to go to phuket just to watch the birds walking round. i loved it smile.png ( apart from when i was with my own bird. that sort of puts the chains on my ankles )

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope they have sufficient car parking or getting in and out shall be a nightmare

Specially with so many people owning cars now with these new fiancé deals if people cannot get to the mall they won't go

There needs to be 2 story underground parking like in Phuket

I don't know if they have done this

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You can see it in the link (with all the shops) which has been posted here a few days ago. They have two floors of shops and one floor of underground parking (almost the same size like the shop floors)

• Like 1

The heat was killing me.

Food center is good, the best on the island, but also the most pricey.

There's Russian, Indian, Japanese and Italian outlets. But very pricey. The prawn masala in my pic is 180bt.

Aircon in the food court was struggling with the amount of people.

But in the department store, the aircon was super cold! You really don't feel like leaving...

post-17753-0-26805300-1396086480_thumb.j post-17753-0-52132400-1396086485_thumb.j post-17753-0-14475800-1396086490_thumb.j post-17753-0-44487600-1396086494_thumb.j

Most of the shops were already present on the island, so there's nothing new.

I asked their information desk about the cinema and it has been postponed for the time being and no firm date yet when it'll be ready.

Edited by Mole

The heat was killing me.

There's Russian, Indian, Japanese and Italian outlets. But very pricey. The prawn masala in my pic is 180bt.

But in the department store, the aircon was super cold! You really don't feel like leaving...

I asked their information desk about the cinema and it has been postponed for the time being and no firm date yet when it'll be ready.

the best? you certainly mean food center is the biggest on the island with the biggest choice. How many are there now? 2 on Chaweng, 1 at Big C and 2 at the 2 Tesco Lotus. Hopefully for the movie buff films are not the same like at the Tesco.

Are the seats in the middle the V.I.P.?

Actually, not the "biggest" choice and certainly not the biggest food center. But it's clean and has a good variety which should suit anyone's palate.

The only minus is the rather expensive prices.

The heat was killing me.

attachicon.gif20140329_145703.jpg attachicon.gif20140329_150233.jpg attachicon.gif20140329_152321.jpg attachicon.gif20140329_154500.jpg

Parking was confusing, at the end I ended up at the old Tops Supermarket. Just went to bank to open new account, ended up having quick bite at Wine Connection. Not bad, but no Rose Wine available, (glass Baht 100.-) , its like going to McDonalds to be told, "Solly , burger no have"

What a disappointment that was. Can't say i'll be bothering with Central again unless they manage to entice some quality foreign clothing brands.

Its a larger version of Tesco's/BigC with a few overpriced restaurants.

I really liked it

Went there late

They had loads of indoor restaurants

They had VIP parking

Could walk through Chaweng with being run over

No taxis bothering me

Wasn't too busy after 2000 pm

Remember it won't be a busy after the first day

I liked it

It's for a power buy nations store

For under ground parking

Kids area

Could not fault it at all

I reckon it's exactly what samui needs

Parking is confusing in Phuket also

I soon get the hang of it

Connects perfectly with centre of Chaweng

So I can actually go there now

Phuket it is normally quiet except for Saturday and Sunday

During the week it's ok to go there

Like most shopping centers always avoid then on weekends

Sorry for all critics but I cannot fault it

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Thats fair enough BigC, if it has what you want then i can understand you liking it.

But for me it holds nothing other than underground parking. Restaurants overpriced presumably to pay for their inflated rent and a lack of quality foreign brand clothes which i was clealy under the misaphrention was what the idea of having a Central was all about. Its basically just more of the shame shabby quality rubbish with the odd decent add. I'll keep using BigC, its closer to me.

The parking will be useful when going for a night out in Chaweng but i didn't notice if it stays open all night.

• Like 1

Agree with Big C on some parts regarding the new central, however for me the reason I even care with central being there was really only for 2 stores B2S and Powerbuy, KInd of suprised though the movie threatre didn't show however from what I have heard the have the cineplex would take up alot of space, so probably not enough space to build it although from what I've heard many of the shops and land across from chawengburi have been leased to central, so most likely there could be more construction in the future going on. By the way was not to suprised by the price of food at the food court especially considering a stall to put there in the food court costs 50,000 baht per month to rent plus electric. For the price of rent for 1 shop with electric is over 150,000 baht Also included the central festival is supposed to be a hotel as well

Regardless of how central festival is have to wait and see how it works out. For the lease on the land and money spend total investment was roughly $100 million dollars.

Edited by livinthailandos
  • Like 1

Wonder what the Central group will do with the old Tops?

Cinema?

For the old tops most likely close it down as its not going to be making any money especially if its competiting across from the tops super market at central festival.

Cinema - First there going to have to build it which no one seems to know when that will happen, but once it gets completed though I suspect they will close down the cinema at tesco simply due to the fact they need traffic / people to go to central festival.

Thats fair enough BigC, if it has what you want then i can understand you liking it.

But for me it holds nothing other than underground parking. Restaurants overpriced presumably to pay for their inflated rent and a lack of quality foreign brand clothes which i was clealy under the misaphrention was what the idea of having a Central was all about. Its basically just more of the shame shabby quality rubbish with the odd decent add. I'll keep using BigC, its closer to me.

The parking will be useful when going for a night out in Chaweng but i didn't notice if it stays open all night.

each to their own depending on cirmostances and demand for thing that suit each person.

For me i am not bothered about prices of food being higher as long as can use the indoors.

This shall attract more things for not only forang tourists but for thai tourists like fashion shows and stuff.

also it looks better in chaweng.

for some reason shopping malls push the land prices up in areas.

around thailand when a new central opens people go crazy and start buying up surrounding land

have also noticed some more shopping centres being built.

one in chaweng noi

noitced more resaurants in chaeeng beach road which did not see before

won't surpise meif the hotels start to modify as ia m sure they shall fill uo more with the new central opposite.

i know it is just a shop but for other people it is a luxury

i shall still shop in telcos or big c for food and super market stuff.

As for cinema i can imagine that they shall build one.

Possibly things like a sea world like in the paragon and more in the future as it has potential

Actually, not the "biggest" choice and certainly not the biggest food center. But it's clean and has a good variety which should suit anyone's palate.

The only minus is the rather expensive prices.

You're correct, it's clean. Well it did open only 2 days ago!!!

• Like 1

Is this really all were getting or will there be more shops and brands? I was hoping I could buy a real perfume but no Dior even. NO DIOR?!! wink.png

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Perfume in mozzie country? whistling.gif

I do understand that people like to smell nice but doesn't perfume/aftershave attract mozzies as well as the opposite sex? wub.png

• Like 1

The heat was killing me.

There's Russian, Indian, Japanese and Italian outlets. But very pricey.

Went to eat at Santa Fe Steak house, second floor close to beach road.

Pork chop with black pepper sauce for introduction prize of 79 baht until April 30th. smile.png

(Bottle of water was 29 baht) sad.png

I just cant see enough people frequenting this place once the novelty disappears, certainly not many of the 50,000 or so registered Thai's and cant see to many Farang residents parting with cash they dont have to. Tourists maybe so but then nobody comes to Samui for shopping not at a mall anyway.

I just cant see enough people frequenting this place once the novelty disappears, certainly not many of the 50,000 or so registered Thai's and cant see to many Farang residents parting with cash they dont have to. Tourists maybe so but then nobody comes to Samui for shopping not at a mall anyway.

I don't think this was opened on a whim. A lot of market research would have gone into it. They run several of these outside Bangkok.

They have the new ones Suratthani which is not tourist orientated, Hat Yai the latest one & it's a big one.

I really wouldn't under estimate the Thai spending power.As for tourists, Samui is no different the say Pattaya or Phuket for their shopping. Many people come from countries where such facilities or varieties are not available.

• Like 1