Central Samui

Whatever it's going to be I really hope that it's not 37 Rai of shophouses which will stand empty.

Slightly off post but I am totally bewildered as to why developers keep building more and more shophouses which are then unoccupied.

Is there some sort of a tax break if you are a Thai owner? It doesn't seem to make any sense to continue building more when

50% (a guess) are gathering dust.

My Thai friend rents a shophouse which is adjoined by a row of empty ones. The landlord has just put up the rentalprice

because she is not making enough money. So my friend is moving on which now leaves the whole block empty.

Where is the logic??

I guess banks give easily money to people with land as credentials....so people build something in the hope to cover loans and interest with the rental money.....

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noticed the pile driver being removed from the site near Makro other day, some piles only half driven in. Looks terrible. I'm guessing the site has been abandoned now that the location in had Chaweng has been secured

Sent using Thaivisa Connect App

The one near Makro is " Index Living Mall " nothing to do with Central.

Noticed the pile driver being removed from the site near Makro other day, some piles only half driven in. Looks terrible. I'm guessing the site has been abandoned now that the location in had Chaweng has been secured

there is no Ikea being built isthere

there condosthat advertise Ikea are saying that there condos are kitted out with Ikea products.

Ihaveno Ikea what is going on in Banrak

there is no Ikea being built isthere

there condosthat advertise Ikea are saying that there condos are kitted out with Ikea products.

Ihaveno Ikea what is going on in Banrak

That is just an advert as you said, units furnished or whatever from Ikea.

Just wanted to comment on a earlier post in terms of a central samui and the shops from what I understand central would rent out or has already rented out blocks of space to established companies like for example starbucks, kfc, fuji, brand name clothing, banks, basically companies that they know can actually put up money and don't have issues with getting money coming in

• 1 month later...

when we see centrals we think of hudge mega malls i hope this isgoing to be one of those with well atricted building which is nice to hang about in. As i rememeber when tescos came to Koh Phangyan some of the locals were excited andit turned out to bealarge 7/11

If they do it do itproperly or not at all cause I AINT HAVING IT!!!

when we see centrals we think of hudge mega malls i hope this isgoing to be one of those with well atricted building which is nice to hang about in. As i rememeber when tescos came to Koh Phangyan some of the locals were excited andit turned out to bealarge 7/11

If they do it do itproperly or not at all cause I AINT HAVING IT!!!

So what happened BigC was supposed to open across from the Mini Tesco on KP which opened in 2008,,, (& not a large 7-11wink.png )

.... are you sleeping on that Big C....? biggrin.pngrolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

• 7 months later...

CPN invests over 1.4 billion baht to launch new lifestyle dining projects

'The Port @ CentralFestival Samui will be developed under a budget of THB 450 million. The new ‘Lifestyle Dining & Gastro Bar Landmark’ will be located on the best location of Chaweng Beach of Samui Island, which is a world-class beach destination.' smile.png

http://www.traveldailynews.asia/news/article/52620/cpn-invests-over-1-4-billion

'The same folks who brought you Central World will soon bring a series of “lifestyle Dining & Gastro Bar Landmarks” to various locations around Thailand. We’re not quite sure what exact “lifestyle” these new joints will cater to, but according to the press conference, “the new dining landmarks will definitely become destinations of the world like other hip spots such as the Meatpacking District in New York, Liverpool Street in London, Xin Tian Di in Shanghai, Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong and Clarke Quay in Singapore.” So, basically, expect big things.

The “landmarks” are going to contain a selection from some of Europe’s top eateries. Harrod’s, the restaurant from the famous Harrod’s department store in London, will be making an appearance, along with Fauchon – a particularly well-known bakery from France. The hyper-exclusive Thong Lor joint Water Library will be opening a branch as well.

Groove at Central World will house these fresh arrivals to the Bangkok dining scene, and other branches in Chiang Mai and Koh Samui (named the Port and the Blossom, respectively), will follow soon thereafter.'

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/21/dining-dispatch-central-world-launch-new-landmark-dining-concepts

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'The same folks who brought you Central World will soon bring a series of “lifestyle Dining & Gastro Bar Landmarks” to various locations around Thailand. We’re not quite sure what exact “lifestyle” these new joints will cater to, but according to the press conference, “the new dining landmarks will definitely become destinations of the world like other hip spots such as the Meatpacking District in New York, Liverpool Street in London, Xin Tian Di in Shanghai, Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong and Clarke Quay in Singapore.” So, basically, expect big things.

The “landmarks” are going to contain a selection from some of Europe’s top eateries. Harrod’s, the restaurant from the famous Harrod’s department store in London, will be making an appearance, along with Fauchon – a particularly well-known bakery from France. The hyper-exclusive Thong Lor joint Water Library will be opening a branch as well.

Groove at Central World will house these fresh arrivals to the Bangkok dining scene, and other branches in Chiang Mai and Koh Samui (named the Port and the Blossom, respectively), will follow soon thereafter.'

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/21/dining-dispatch-central-world-launch-new-landmark-dining-concepts

cant see much being built around central word area. where is it supposed to be., near makro where the gravel yard of contrecte posts are or in chaweng near chanweng noi end where there is something being built

cant see much being built around central word area. where is it supposed to be., near makro where the gravel yard of contrecte posts are or in chaweng near chanweng noi end where there is something being built

It's going to be opposite the turning for Tops supermarket thumbsup.gif

It's going to be opposite the turning for Tops supermarket Posted Image

Oh that's alright then as Chaweng needs parking cheers

I thought that the graveyard of concrete posts near Makro was supposed to have been an Ikea?

I thought that the graveyard of concrete posts near Makro was supposed to have been an Ikea?

That is supposed to be an Index Living Mall. They did do some more work the stopped.

That is supposed to be an Index Living Mall. They did do some more work the stopped.

Ah!!! I have been wondering about what that place was about! I guess it's a Index Dead Mall..... tongue.png .... maybe one day it will come back to life! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

you are right, forget completely the people, who invested there. And observed that only from the view of an expat, who lives here since many years and has already more things than actually needed. Sure, I will be there too. All in all it's a plus for the island and for Chaweng, creating also many jobs, hopefully the parking can also be used for non shoppers and I have seen, that the ugly cables on Beach road in front of that came down, what a nice surprise. If all the cables were down in the earth, planting trees, repairing the walkways, Chaweng beach road would be a nicer place, also during hot daytime.

• Like 1