Central Samui

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well thats one gossip I heard to actually but I've had 2 other gossips about the land

1. Might be in index furniture

2. they are going to Build houses, the price range will be 8 million baht

by the way regarding central, from what I heard at one time they came to samui and try to buy the land near the library hotel in chaweng but the deal didn't work out.

by the way as far as a central mall goes I don't see how that would work, they tried Big C and big c does less business than tesco, just my opinion based on how much quieter it is than tesco. wait and see as far as what's getting built though

My local sources say Index is going to build there.

Central is building a Central Festival in Surat Thani, the biggest Central mall in Southern Thailand, to be opened soon, for sure they will not build on Samui, just not enough turn over to be generated here.

The land has already been leased (not bought) by the Central group- while nothing is ever written in stone in Thailand (and certainly not on Samui) the plan is to use the land in the area across from Chaweng Buri (a bit to the north of it, actually) to build a department store outlet (not as massive as one in Bangkok, of course).

Edited by flare

You could be right about houses being built because there are a few new concrete electric poles lying down through the middle of the land which makes me think electric going to different roads for some sort of houses development,but saying that you would would think there would be some sort of sign up saying whats going to be there,maybe just clearing it to try to sell it!

I here that central world were going to buy big c.

Never believe the papers until they actually do what they say

They are going to buy you BigC??

What were they planning on using you for, translating, english spelling?thumbsup.gif

Edited by Paangjang

What were they planning on using you for, translating, english spelling?thumbsup.gif

Sign writer.

• Like 2

Central is a Thai family business who own, Central, Big C, Centara Resorts and SALA Resorts (SALA is one of the sons hobbies).

I forgot to add - HomePro, TOP's, Sports Plus, B2B bookstores and many other retail chains.

• 3 months later...
The land has already been leased (not bought) by the Central group- while nothing is ever written in stone in Thailand (and certainly not on Samui) the plan is to use the land in the area across from Chaweng Buri (a bit to the north of it, actually) to build a department store outlet (not as massive as one in Bangkok, of course).

Can confirm that the above mentioned land has been leased by the central group. What the will use it for remains to be seen.

I also can confirm that the land was leased out from central, from what I know its a 30 year lease, construction to possibly start early next year and finish in 1 - 2 years, from what I understand a small mall 2 - 3 stories high would be built, in terms of the the amount of land leased size is 20 - 30 rai of land. just incase for those of you who don't know the land leased in chaweng is the land that is on the right hand side of the road opposite entrance to tops and stretches to in front of chaweng buri entrance.

I also can confirm that the land was leased out from central, from what I know its a 30 year lease, construction to possibly start early next year and finish in 1 - 2 years, from what I understand a small mall 2 - 3 stories high would be built, in terms of the the amount of land leased size is 20 - 30 rai of land. just incase for those of you who don't know the land leased in chaweng is the land that is on the right hand side of the road opposite entrance to tops and stretches to in front of chaweng buri entrance.

Are you sure' 20-30 Rai ' .. that is a big plot !

Are you sure' 20-30 Rai ' .. that is a big plot !

Yeap correct, total land area by present owner is 37 rai.

Sign writer.

Don't you mean a "Sine riter"?biggrin.png

• Like 1

Sign writer.

Don't you mean a "Sine riter"?biggrin.png

same same.tongue.png

It looks likeagrave yard of conreteposts i hope it does n ot get abondond thisquick

It looks disgusting indeed, hope they fence it off soon....reminds me of Berlin 1945....

It looks likeagrave yard of conreteposts i hope it does n ot get abondond thisquick

It looks disgusting indeed, hope they fence it off soon....reminds me of Berlin 1945....

Are you that old?

Whatever it's going to be I really hope that it's not 37 Rai of shophouses which will stand empty.

Slightly off post but I am totally bewildered as to why developers keep building more and more shophouses which are then unoccupied.

Is there some sort of a tax break if you are a Thai owner? It doesn't seem to make any sense to continue building more when

50% (a guess) are gathering dust.

My Thai friend rents a shophouse which is adjoined by a row of empty ones. The landlord has just put up the rentalprice

because she is not making enough money. So my friend is moving on which now leaves the whole block empty.

Where is the logic??