Central Samui

you are right, forget completely the people, who invested there. And observed that only from the view of an expat, who lives here since many years and has already more things than actually needed. Sure, I will be there too. All in all it's a plus for the island and for Chaweng, creating also many jobs, hopefully the parking can also be used for non shoppers and I have seen, that the ugly cables on Beach road in front of that came down, what a nice surprise. If all the cables were down in the earth, planting trees, repairing the walkways, Chaweng beach road would be a nicer place, also during hot daytime.

As of yesterday opening day still confirmed 29.March. Parking for 200 cars, not sure it will be free for non-shoppers. 37 Rai, project costs 3.1 Bio. Baht (Samui is the smallest project the ever built), architecture Chaweng Port, Chino-Portugese, Fisherman style. Will have Tops supermarket, Power Buy, Super Sports etc....over 400 brands of goods.....(I should scan the fact sheet I think)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if it opens on 29.March or 29 July, what's the difference?

Probably not a lot for you.

But for the many business people who have already paid their advance installments on leases or concessions, made plans to leave their current premises, ordered and are possibly storing fittings and equipment for the new place, have staff on retainer in anticipation of a March opening, might have given up their current lease or/and already sent out advance trade notices to their customers and suppliers AND might be now looking forward to four months with no (or a reduced) income . . . I would imagine there is a huge difference.

R

You surely have a point here Rob, nevertheless, if you see who the businesses are who can afford 1,200 Baht per sqm rent, then I would not be so worried. Chaweng Regent and their japanese restaurant or Zazen with their brasserie or etc....will still survive if project would be delayed, but it isn't anyway.

No Sizzler

Does anyany have a list of all the shops which will be there? Or does Central still want to keep it exciting until the opening? wink.png

Read the web page.... it was easy to Google, it... Says first phase opening, soon, so perhaps they are on track????

http://www.cpn.co.th/project_detail.aspx?menu=New_Project_Landing&id=10

Part of what is says:

" • Major alliances of Central shopping center are main Magnets to attract customers. Moreover, there are significant anchors including Tops Market, PowerBuy, SuperSports and B2S

• More than 200 Thai and international brand shops: world-class Fashion Brand and new Dining Destination with new concept restaurants which will fulfill every lifestyle

• Night Bazaar

• Features entertainment such as a modern cinema

Edited by samuijimmy

Pretty sure Samui doesn't have 6 floors.

This is Central Festiva Samui official site. Please have a look there.

http://www.centralfestival.co.th/samui/

That is their site but the link takes you off to some other site which looks like another Central Festival (it says copyright 2011 at the bottom).

But you could be right and that building in Chaweng is actually 6 floors high.

6th floor.
Untitled-1_201308261544581610.jpg
อาหาร

6th Level

611-616

Haha good one biggrin.png

Welcome to the new sizzler Samui - floating in thin airsmile.png

Oh sorry Rooo, just saw the other posts and that you seem serious.

Anyway, the new Central Festival on Samui does not have 6 floors, but 2-3 as far as I can tell, and as they have already finished the roofs, I doubt they will add more.

I hope there will be outlets with some decent quality clothes.

I have not been impressed with what's available in Tesco/BigC or the cheap charlie overpriced stuff sold around the beach roads.

Even a decent t-shirt in 100% real cotton is hard to find. You ask these burmese hawkers if it's cotton and they always say yes, but you can feel that it's some kind of synthetic blend.

• Like 1

I have not been impressed with what's available in Tesco/BigC or the cheap charlie overpriced stuff sold around the beach roads.

Even a decent t-shirt in 100% real cotton is hard to find. You ask these burmese hawkers if it's cotton and they always say yes, but you can feel that it's some kind of synthetic blend.

No Sizzler.

Off topic but .....

I've found that Artwear Samui in Maenam and Nathon sell 100% cotton t-shirts. They are their own screen printed designs and not the same t-shirts everyone else is flogging around the island.

Both stores on the ring road, Maenan shop next to where the Esso gas station used to be.

• Like 1