Yellow Shirt Protests Force House To Adjourn Indefinitely

webfact

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear a lot about Democracy in all these threads, but Thai democracy sure ain't like any I seen before. Not everybody votes, which is OK, but many are selling ther votes,,The parties ALL tell lies that most people can see through, but that few baht on election day cures that.

Everyone rich in 6 months, tablets for all school kids, 300 baht a day minimum, 15000 minimum for graduates. How many have been waterd down

IN NOT EVEN ONE YEAR since the election. How many Party bigwigs get found out and taken to court for election malfeasance?

Strangest thing about Thai Democracy is that you don't even need to vote for the boss and he don't even need to live here. He lives in Dubai and his minions fly to see him once every so often. So many of his family members are in positions of power that it just ain't a joke anymore. Now his son s getting into the act. You ever see anything like that boy? Only a father could love someone like that, a trainee Hi-So in the making

Gimme a break, all you TV people who appear to love him and blindly follow the theory that he never did anything wrong.

• Like 2

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?)

Over my many years here, I have heard the word 'commie' used by intellectually challenged Americans only, to refer to everything from almost any type of social program to the bloody Florida Library using 'tax dollars' to fund free access to it's, I would say, much needed services.

The word is a misunderstood epithet mostly by those with limited education (have you ever heard Naom Chomsky or Gore Vidal, both educated, intelligent Amercans) use that stupid ignorant word? So yes, it is used by the types of Americans who wouldn't be able to define it's meaning but merely parrot it from their predominantly Republican rallies. Can you enlighten us as to what it means to the likes of you?

Can I ask where you are from, and where did you get your PHD? Profiling groups among Americans, Is like saying All brits have bad breath because of them yellow teeth! I am an American, retired from the Army, and didn't spend my time on education asI was busy, helping others to have Rights! The only times I have heard people refered to as Communists, were was subjects we included about Communist block countries. In all fairness, I think the Red Shirts should disarm the police and soldiers and set down at a table and discuss the differences, You know like they did on the streets, bringing the Capiatl city to mostly a halt. They don't have to worry about security, and they have black shirt security. I think it is wrong to say it was OK to violence when they were the protesters, but now, they want to bring arms against another group. Anyone that even utters a elected official from their mouths show stupidity, paid votes are not aanything close to anything that helps the people, it just gives the people who paid out the funds a feeling of endorsement! Who are the police and soldiers to protect, as both are breaking the law! There is not going to be an easy or good end to this, and it is the working class that will suffer no matter who makes it to the top and stays!

Sorr yabout the off-topic but OMFG, Big lol at "didn't spend my time on education asI was busy, helping others to have Rights!" cheesy.gif

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Don Muang Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

Where is this mythical airport,. I have never heard of it, and how could the red shirts throw grenades at people sleeping at a place that does not exist.

I think your belief about 'red shirts' throwing grenades at sleeping people is as misguided as your sense of direction, as far as i can remember nobody was convicted for throwing these grenades although I could be wrong, and I always find it easier to take a post more seriously of it is balanced and highlights the faults and violence from both sides, or are you one of these people that ignores the bombings and violence and damage instigated by the yellow shirts last time round?

Thankfully for all concerned I don't think they have the numbers like they had last time to do any real damage to the country, and one big factor is that this time around I don't think they have the army either.

What a ridiculous thing to say! Violence is not at all balanced from reds or yellows. I seem to recall far far more incidents and dangerous (life-threatening) situations caused by the reds.

your reply is bias and wrong. (sorry to say)

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Don Muang Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

Where is this mythical airport,. I have never heard of it, and how could the red shirts throw grenades at people sleeping at a place that does not exist.

I think your belief about 'red shirts' throwing grenades at sleeping people is as misguided as your sense of direction, as far as i can remember nobody was convicted for throwing these grenades although I could be wrong, and I always find it easier to take a post more seriously of it is balanced and highlights the faults and violence from both sides, or are you one of these people that ignores the bombings and violence and damage instigated by the yellow shirts last time round?

Thankfully for all concerned I don't think they have the numbers like they had last time to do any real damage to the country, and one big factor is that this time around I don't think they have the army either.

well i hope they have to stop that megalomanic pushing this country into Civil war just to satisfy his greed and loss of face

For those of you who continue to portray the PAD as a democratic movement simply (and non-violently) trying to ensure the rule of law, I suggest you read this piece from the Asian Human Rights Commission.

http://www.humanrigh...RC-STM-298-2008

These people are proto-fascists who want a largely appointed--rather than elected--parliament that would keep power in the hands of the monied elite in Bangkok. And all the time, they pretend that their only motive is to protect the royal institution while demonising the reds as anti-royalist, which is patently untrue.

How any democratically-minded person here can support the PAD is beyond me...

How any democratically-minded person here can support the PAD PTP, Thaksin Red Shirt leaders is beyond me...

PTP won an election ... That's what democracy is all about. They are in power due to the will of the majority of the electorate. So to suggest that supporting a democratically elected government is undemocratic makes no sense. Logic 101.

I still don't understand why the keep referring to TS as being in "self-exile". Isn't he on the run.

No he is not on the run if he were on the run and had actually committed Terrorist acts like the yellows accused him of then the good Ol USA would of hunted him down themselves but the fact is the guys is living it up all over the world having a grand old time and so he should as the coup should never of happened anyway and was proven yet again in the last election the MAJORITY of thais want thaksin why else would they vote in someone with NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE at all, I tell you why, Because her name is Thaksin and the people love him

Civil War could be on the cards as we are back to square 1

DK

You must be new to this. 52% of the people voted against Thaksin. Because you are new I will explain it to you. Thailand is not a Democracy. They use the Parliamentary system where they don't need the majority as you would in a Democracy.

With the Parliamentary system each area gets to elect one minister When the election is over the minister's get together and then elect the Prime minister.

Under this system if one district has 20,000 out of 39,000 for one party and another district has 35,000 out of 39,000 for another party and a third district had another 20,000 out of 39,000 for the same candidate as the first party you would have three people voting for the prime minister with one vote each. Even though there was 73,000 who wanted one candidate and only 44,000 who wanted the other candidate.

So with a total of 117,000 votes for the two parties One party would receive 73,000 votes and the other party 44,000 votes. Yet the party with 44,000 would get two votes for who the Prime Minister will be compared the the party with 73,000 votes who only get one vote.

Hardly a democracy.

You must be American to make the ridiculous suggestion that a parliamentary system is not democratic. It's simply different from your presidential system. Maybe you need to read up on your Electoral College to see how the numbers game can be played out there....

For those of you who continue to portray the PAD as a democratic movement simply (and non-violently) trying to ensure the rule of law, I suggest you read this piece from the Asian Human Rights Commission.

These people are proto-fascists who want a largely appointed--rather than elected--parliament that would keep power in the hands of the monied elite in Bangkok. And all the time, they pretend that their only motive is to protect the royal institution while demonising the reds as anti-royalist, which is patently untrue.

How any democratically-minded person here can support the PAD PTP, Thaksin Red Shirt leaders is beyond me...

PTP won an election ... That's what democracy is all about. They are in power due to the will of the majority of the electorate. So to suggest that supporting a democratically elected government is undemocratic makes no sense. Logic 101.

Sadly PTP did not get the majority of the electorate, the majority voted for the other parties.

The yellow shirts are fascists not more or less. They deserve a life firing zone. There is no bigger crime in a democracy than blocking the work of a parliament. The ultra rightist Nation should make that very clear to the three readers that they still have. Interesting enough PAD is led by a man who is waiting a lengthy jail sentence for corruption and defrauding creditors and investors. The police com missionary and his fine officers who allowed the blocking of parliament should be immediately be put out of their misery and send home.

There will be no coup, the military know that the outside world would spit on them and that the voters will be unstoppable and will really come out with a million people to tach the elite a lesson.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They did not block the work of Parliament, they blocked the roads. Esteemed members of the Parliament could always walk instead of being driven in, or air liftedthumbsup.gif

Demonstrations which gather a large number of people usually do happen to block roads as people can not climb trees, and last time i checked demonstrations were perfectly legal and does fall into democracy, to which you refer.

here is a clue JIM HENDERSON rolleyes.gif

Edited by DiamondKing

I still don't understand why the keep referring to TS as being in "self-exile". Isn't he on the run.

No he is not on the run if he were on the run and had actually committed Terrorist acts like the yellows accused him of then the good Ol USA would of hunted him down themselves but the fact is the guys is living it up all over the world having a grand old time and so he should as the coup should never of happened anyway and was proven yet again in the last election the MAJORITY of thais want thaksin why else would they vote in someone with NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE at all, I tell you why, Because her name is Thaksin and the people love him

DK

You must be new to this. 52% of the people voted against Thaksin. Because you are new I will explain it to you. Thailand is not a Democracy. They use the Parliamentary system where they don't need the majority as you would in a Democracy.

With the Parliamentary system each area gets to elect one minister When the election is over the minister's get together and then elect the Prime minister.

Under this system if one district has 20,000 out of 39,000 for one party and another district has 35,000 out of 39,000 for another party and a third district had another 20,000 out of 39,000 for the same candidate as the first party you would have three people voting for the prime minister with one vote each. Even though there was 73,000 who wanted one candidate and only 44,000 who wanted the other candidate.

So with a total of 117,000 votes for the two parties One party would receive 73,000 votes and the other party 44,000 votes. Yet the party with 44,000 would get two votes for who the Prime Minister will be compared the the party with 73,000 votes who only get one vote.

Hardly a democracy.

whistling.gifblink.pngcheesy.gifcoffee1.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I think that should cover my reaction

Sometimes i really think you guys are dumb as me biggrin.png

Edited by DiamondKing

I'm usually against mobs like these but in this case, good show Yellow Shirts!

Thats all it is "A good show", just little kids playing little kids games, the Beatles I think sang about it, "all the people making nowhere plans, in this nowhere land" this crap will go on and on and on, till there is the final battle, oh and what a battle it will be. This is the only way this country will move forward, a complete and final cival war to the very end.

Hail the Red Shirts!!!thumbsup.gifclap2.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifWPFflags.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gif1zgarz5.gif

What Jingoism!!

Northern red shirts attend rallies because they are paid. They are fully aware of Thaksin's misdemeaners...and that of most politicians and other government people disregarding the party. They are not stupid...It seems only farang think they are stupid...They aint gonna fight no civil war because of ethics and they aint gonna fight no civil war for 500 Baht..Stop trying to stoke a fire where none exists..

See how uninformed you are

post-84328-0-31161400-1338580057_thumb.j

I'm usually against mobs like these but in this case, good show Yellow Shirts!

Thats all it is "A good show", just little kids playing little kids games, the Beatles I think sang about it, "all the people making nowhere plans, in this nowhere land" this crap will go on and on and on, till there is the final battle, oh and what a battle it will be. This is the only way this country will move forward, a complete and final cival war to the very end.

Hail the Red Shirts!!!thumbsup.gifclap2.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifWPFflags.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gif1zgarz5.gif

What Jingoism!!

Northern red shirts attend rallies because they are paid. They are fully aware of Thaksin's misdemeaners...and that of most politicians and other government people disregarding the party. They are not stupid...It seems only farang think they are stupid...They aint gonna fight no civil war because of ethics and they aint gonna fight no civil war for 500 Baht..Stop trying to stoke a fire where none exists..

On Bangkok's U-Thong Road, a large lorry blared out the royalist song, "The Highest Dream", and sported a large banner saying: "Part Three of Square-Face [Thaksin]: the Beginning of Civil War".

DK

Yet another stupid American who thinks that The good OL USA is the world policeman.Just because the good OL USA didn't hunt him down prooves nothing, one way or the other.

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Dongguan Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

I think you are a commie hack, unless you just so happen to like 5 point stars and red/yellow motifs. Your mistaken affinity for the red-shirts is transparent, as is your attempt at logic via discourse. You see a typo someone made about an airport and that's your basis for your entire argument against so-called yellow shirts. Also, you underestimate the power of human division -probably because you come from somewhere really repressed. Or worse, somewhere too free to actually understand anything with much depth.

The reds and yellows are both a childish set, Thais are showing their political nature, just as those from all countries where polarity seems to be the reigning factor. Both sides indeed have quite enough power to rip this country apart. How would you know who the Army sides with?

Instead of seizing on such polarity, -try to exert some balance and actually help the world with some insight, -or, go back to waiting in line for your rations with your comrades. And don't led Vladimir Putin trick you into any "deliveries" -stay away from that Polonium-210!

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?) Taksin, a self vested/interested billionaire laughable and has absolutely nothing to do with the ideals of communism, to which, as a misanthropist, I do not personally subscribe, but find the insane piggery of rampant capitalism equally bad.

I suggest you educate yourself. Marx would be a good start.

PS The PAD never threw grenades, the red shirts were lobbing them over the wall of Government House at the PAD.

I was implying Carra as the commie hack. Taksin's just on an ego trip akin to your hero Silvio Burlusconi. ; )

I don't need to study Marx any more than you need to study Bukowski. Is non-insane non-piggery Capitalism acceptable to you?

Everyone knows Sae Daeng's guys were tossing the grenades, and launching them. It was great to see him get a bullet right in the head for his troubles too. : )

Quit ankle-biting where people come from as a measure of their intelligence, what an tired old school-boy retort -you are no smarter than anyone else around here, after all, you hang out on ThaiVisa right? Besides, don't you come from an Imperialist line where they just went around planting flags, collecting taxes, subjugating entire cultures? Or are you from Tuvalu or something?

Tell Wayne Rooney I said Hi.

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Dongguan Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

I think you are a commie hack, unless you just so happen to like 5 point stars and red/yellow motifs. Your mistaken affinity for the red-shirts is transparent, as is your attempt at logic via discourse. You see a typo someone made about an airport and that's your basis for your entire argument against so-called yellow shirts. Also, you underestimate the power of human division -probably because you come from somewhere really repressed. Or worse, somewhere too free to actually understand anything with much depth.

The reds and yellows are both a childish set, Thais are showing their political nature, just as those from all countries where polarity seems to be the reigning factor. Both sides indeed have quite enough power to rip this country apart. How would you know who the Army sides with?

Instead of seizing on such polarity, -try to exert some balance and actually help the world with some insight, -or, go back to waiting in line for your rations with your comrades. And don't led Vladimir Putin trick you into any "deliveries" -stay away from that Polonium-210!

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?) Taksin, a self vested/interested billionaire laughable and has absolutely nothing to do with the ideals of communism, to which, as a misanthropist, I do not personally subscribe, but find the insane piggery of rampant capitalism equally bad.

I suggest you educate yourself. Marx would be a good start.

PS The PAD never threw grenades, the red shirts were lobbing them over the wall of Government House at the PAD.

I guess that explains the Chinese consider TS a hero.

Thai yellowshirts. Permitted to protest with impunity. Close the international airport for 10 days including downtime and setup/checkout with impunity. Now bring government to its knees with impunity. Nice step toward reconciliation.

Thai yellowshirts. Permitted to protest with impunity. Close the international airport for 10 days including downtime and setup/checkout with impunity. Now bring government to its knees with impunity. Nice step toward reconciliation.

Compared to the red shirts, the yellow shirts are saints.

Compared to the red shirts, the yellow shirts are saints.

Maybe not saints but the redshirt Seige of Asean in Pattaya and the Burning of Bangkok weren't chopped liver!

It's not about supporting the PAD. It's about rejecting the PTP's efforts to whitewash Thaksin's crimes.

Sent from my shoe phone

so are you supporting pad?

I would add to the above, I wish for the Thai's that I know and love that Yingluck (and I do not recall having ever giving her much grief on here), would grow some balls, and kick her brother to the kerb...and reign in the Red shirts, and step up for a full on stop to corruption. She would find much support from the Pommie raised guy from the other party that knows how democracy via industrualisation (economics in modern (?)) Thailands case was installed. They already have a public approved pact to start from that they both agreed standing side by side to at a "Stop Corruption" campaign not long after Pheu Thai was elected. If I could wish for anything right now for Thailand and the Thai's that I love, I wish that Yingluck would grow some balls.

DK

NOT the majority of Thais. Not even the majority of votes.

Sent from my shoe phone

man some people are so stupid its beyond belief, so your saying the current government did not win by a massive majority

Duhhhhhhh ok

I loved the muppet show

Dk

Turnip

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Reconciliation bill debate put off as protesters block MPs entry into Parliament

TOSSAPORN WONGWAIKOLAYOOT,

PRAPAN CHINDALERT-UDOMDEE

THE NATION

30183370-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A scheduled meeting of the House of Representatives yesterday to debate the reconciliation bill had to be postponed to Wednesday and Thursday after MPs were blocked by protesters from entering Parliament.

National Police chief Priewpan Damapong yesterday ordered the transfer of Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Lt-General Winai Thongsong to the Royal Thai Police headquarters, for failing to disperse the protesters, a source who did not want to be named, said. Caretaker commissioner of Provincial Police Region 1, Major-General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang, has been put in charge of the Metropolitan Police.

Meanwhile, a mass gathering of the red shirts is scheduled for 1 pm as a special episode of "Truth Today" when three of its leaders with varying political status come together. Veerakarn Musigapong's five-year political ban as a former Thai Rak Thai executive has ended, while Jatuporn Promphan is an MP, and Natthawut Saikua is a deputy agriculture minister in the Yingluck Cabinet.

The Democrats will today hold an anti-reconciliation bill mass rally at the square in front of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration headquarters at 5pm. Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and chief adviser Chuan Leekpai will speak on how the draft law will whitewash wrongdoers and cause more conflicts in society, spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said.

The yellow shirts announced that they would rally again at 3pm on Tuesday at the Makkawan Rangsan Bridge.

Pitoon Poomhiran, secretary-general of Parliament, announced at 3pm yesterday that the House meeting will start at 1.30pm on Wednesday and continue until Thursday morning. Earlier, Pitoon said House Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranond had announced the postponement of the House meeting from 9.30am to 1.30pm. However, at 1.30pm, the meeting was postponed indefinitely as most of the MPs could not get into Parliament.

After leaving Pheu Thai headquarters for about 10 minutes, more than 20 vans supposedly taking the MPs, including Somsak, to Parliament had to turn back as they could not get past the rallying protesters.

The attempt of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) and the Multicoloured group yesterday was successful as their strategy of blocking roads prevented the MPs from entering Parliament.

The blocking started at 6am at the Karn Ruean intersection, where the Multicoloured group protesters settled down for their rally. There was some pushing and shoving between the protesters and the police as the police tried to surround them and block the way to Parliament.

There were no injuries as the PAD arrived on the scene and helped the Multicoloured group drive the police out and entrenched themselves in the middle of the junction. Only a few MPs got into Parliament - those who came early, or Democrat MPs who were allowed in by the protesters. About 700 police blocked the way to Parliament.

The House meeting in the morning was postponed as most of the MPs couldn't get into the House and the rally went on smoothly as they waited for PAD's leaders and Parliament president to assess the situation. Rumours were rife that the government was planning to move the parliamentary session to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the PTT headquarters on Viphavadi Road, Don Mueang Airport or even in Chiang Mai.

Around noon, there was a clear report that the Parliament president had decided to go back to the House and open the meeting at 1.30pm. This raised the temperature of the protesters and they prepared themselves to block the session. The PAD speakers' truck moved to the Kudtiya intersection to block the police vans carrying the Pheu Thai MPs from the party headquarters to Parliament, while the protesters at the Karn Ruean intersection prepared for a confrontation.

Finally, the police vans decided to return to the Pheu Thai headquarters as about 500 PAD protesters were blocking the Kudtiya intersection and about 200 of the Multicoloured Group were blocking the Karn Ruean intersection, completely sealing the approach roads to Parliament.

The protesters continued to rally at both intersections despite an announcement by the Parliament secretary-general in the afternoon, scheduling the next meeting on June 6-7.

Only about 20 Democrat MPs were in Parliament yesterday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-02

It proves there is still no democracy in Thailand, the government is elected by the majority of the Thai citizens, so by democratic way the PAD can only opple the government at new elections. I think Jutaporn is wright the PAD (proxy of the so called elite) 'The yellow-shirts had obstructed Pheu Thai MPs from entering parliament to prevent them from attending a meeting to deliberate the four reconciliation bills, even though the process of creating national unity was in line with democratic system, he said.'

Until Thailand has an independent Judiciary and a Constitution that can't be amended with the merest of political wind changes with every incoming Parliament, she will never have rule of Law, democracy nor clear out corruption from politics.

you my friend have hit the nail firmly on the head - the very point I made earlier - the constitution has to be set in stone otherwise it's worthless and those here that think winning an election gives anyone the right to bend or rewrite the rules needs their head examined - if the Thai people that unfortunately voted this crowd into power want them to behave above the law then they don't deserve a vote and thank god the military is there to step in when the kids missbehave and bring them all back into the classroom to start over and try to teach them what democracy actually is wrap a few knuckles and re-establish the ground rules

Oh, so the police just set up the roadblocks for no reason, it had nothing to do with the protest.

Also, the Redshirts didn't blockade the center of Bangkok two years ago, it was the police road blocks.

I didn't realise police used petrol soaked bamboo and tyre barricades for their road blocks.

Sent from my shoe phone

• Like 1

DK

NOT the majority of Thais. Not even the majority of votes.

Sent from my shoe phone

man some people are so stupid its beyond belief, so your saying the current government did not win by a massive majority

Duhhhhhhh ok

I loved the muppet show

Dk

They beat the next party by a large margin, but that doesn't mean a majority of the people voted for them.

Particularly, a majority of the people did not vote for Thaksin crimes to be whitewashed.

Sent from my shoe phone

Lets get one thing straight in everyones mind here before we continue this thread because it's obvious that there are many here don't understand what Democracy actually is - Just because Thais voted or have a vote does not mean there is a democracy in this country - they have a long long way to go and this current government is trying to take a huge step in the wrong direction - democracy must work within a rigid framework - this current government is trying to step outside the box because they fail to understand the fundamentals of a democratic society - we can excuse the voters for not undestanding - perhaps some education might help - this is a land of rule breakers it will take many decades for it to evolve and in the meantime when the kids start throwing the toys out of the pram the military needs to step in and hit the reset button - call it a coup if you want - I look at it more like the teacher slaming the desk and saying "quiet please"

Lets take Thai politics to an extreme

If I wanted to win an election here -I promise I will pay every person 5000baht (buying votes is illegal) if you vote for me - wow I'm now in government after winning a landslide election - 8 months later - were's our money

I promise I will give all school kids an ipad - and increase minimum wage to...................still waiting

"I want my face back and my 47billion baht" most Thais can't even understand how much money 47 million actually is

• Like 1