Yellow Shirt Protests Force House To Adjourn Indefinitely

webfact

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post has been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

All this pain, all this suffering, all this death and destruction for one man's ego? for one family's greed? for one family's hunger for power and dictatorship over Thailand? Please, say it isn't so.

This is much more than Thaksin's ego. This is a battle for Thailand and Thailand's future. Thaksin may be the rather curious standard bearer for the aspirations of the poor, but such he has become. This is about whether this country remains a quasi feudal society in which a narrow, overwhelmingly ethnic Chinese elite is allowed to lord it over the rest of the population for ever and a day. They have a lot of weapons in their armoury: they control the army, the senate, and the judiciary -which has proved the most effective weapon to date. The elected government simply have a large majority of the Thai people behind them - these are the dispossessed and marginalised and there are tens of millions of them. When the Red Shirts demonstate, these are genuine protesters from the provinces, yes they receive expenses - they are too poor to do without them, but they have a conviction - a belief in what they are demonstrating for. On the other hand there are no Yellow shirts, these are paid hirelings acting as the stooges of the Ruling Elite.

The constitutional court which has just told the house to stop debating the reconciliation bill is an institution created by the military to enforce its 2007 constitution which has so many flaws it should be ripped up and replaced with the 1999 constitution which at the time everyone subscribed to.

One of the things the people clearly understood in voting Peua Thai was that Thaksin Shinawatra would return. The people want that and the reconciliation bill could achieve it. A returned Thaksin would be much subdued from the last time and the country really could move on.

It wont though, because the ruling elite who own and have traditionally run everything in this country wont allow it. Mass protests are the only weapon the people have, and the army have shown that they are more than willing to turn their guns on their own people in order to preserve the power, wealth and privilege of a few.

So in summary:

1. You refuse to concede that the protesters, by creating the need for road blocks, are responsible for the police road blocks.

2. You refuse to concede that there is anything wrong with blocking access to a government building and preventing a democratically elected government from doing its job. (Yeah, I know, only 48% of the vote, the largest portion by a considerable margin and larger than the winners in many democratically elected governments).

3. Your words from earlier; " It is only too bad that the PAD is forced into positions where they have to break the law", which seem sympathetic to illegal PAD activities, aren't really. Are they some kind of subtle condemnation?

So in summary again

1. PAD has not broken any law as yet Really? It's legal to prevent ministers from doing their job?

2. PAD has not been issued with an order to disperse so demonstrating outside of government office is NOT illegal Demonstrating was not illegal. Blocking access was illegal, whether an order was issued or not.

3. If PAD were to stay, even after the order to disperse was issued, they would be violating the law no more or no less than the government making the order, ie one criminal telling another not to commit crime, so those directions would be nulled. What qualifies you to pronounce this government "criminal"? And have you really considered the consequences if people felt they only had to obey the law when they approved of the government enforcing the law?

Unlike PAD's opposition, PAD has never burned down the city, and even when they took over the airport, they did not burn it down, but did help to clean it up

Yes i much prefer to take sides with educated people and people who are able to think, as compared to clueless mob with hardly any brains cells functioning.

Now if you prefer the last one, not much i can do about that

Yeah, don't you hate those uneducated buffaloes Clamoring for better schools, among other things, instead of just trusting the traditional elites to take care of them.

Much better to be with the elite. Too bad somebody had the horrible idea of introducing democracy to Thailand. Now the masses have really taken to it, are voting for candidates promising to further their interests, and expecting the governments they elect to be allowed to govern. Terrible isn't it?

i think you should look at things with open eyes.

you can give them the best schools and whatever else, it does not mean it will make any difference if they have no will, only baseless demands

they gave them wage hike and they did nothing to improve productivity if anything got lazier.

how many poor thai's do you see having 2 jobs? or doing over time?

I can tell you for a fact in my ONLY 12 years experience of living here and having a business, any time i ask them to do over-time(paid at double the rate) the answer is usually a NO, and when its a YES, they will take 3 sick days after that.

They do not want to work, they do not want to study, they simply want the hand outs.

Take the poorest of the poor, gets a job as a cleaner minimum wage 9000(now), do overtime or second job, thats another 400-500 per day., overtime or second job on the days off and all over sudden he/she is making 20 000 per month, few years of hard work and they are no longer poor.

But this is not going to happen, because its easier to sit on the porch and blame others for not having the money

Here is another thought, how about NOT drinking a bottle of sangsom every single night, that would save another few hundred baht per day

So please save your communist views of things for a country where its needed.

Thailand has to import labor from neighboring countries because your "disadvantaged" ones do not want to work.

Businesses looking for staff on regular basis, because the little poor angels get tired after having worked for a month, so need to have a month off.

Rich did not become rich by sitting on their a$$es, doing nothing day in, day out

I am not sure what business you work in or what you pay your employees, but in my experience we have to control the amount of overtime people do in order to ensure they can still work effectively. If it was not putting restrictions on them they would work 24 hours a day! (not always effectively i grant you)

I note what you are saying re additional OT, second jobs etc, but did you ever stop to think that maybe these people, have family, children etc outside of work which they have to take care of? I think you are being extremely unfair re you samsong reference. Out of all the people i work with, the majority of which are simple working class Thai families who strive for better, very few of them drink regulalry never mind bottle of samsong on a regular basis. It sounds like you are simply steriotyping these people with little or no first hand knowledge of the situation.

In Thailand the rich are rich because they were borne into it and are trying to preserve it, a tiny percentage worked there way up. If you had worked here for 12 years and owned your own business you would know how difficult it is for ordinary workers to work themselves up through a company. There is always a glass ceiling for them which is extremely difficult to overcome.

I still don't understand why the keep referring to TS as being in "self-exile". Isn't he on the run.

No he is not on the run if he were on the run and had actually committed Terrorist acts like the yellows accused him of then the good Ol USA would of hunted him down themselves but the fact is the guys is living it up all over the world having a grand old time and so he should as the coup should never of happened anyway and was proven yet again in the last election the MAJORITY of thais want thaksin why else would they vote in someone with NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE at all, I tell you why, Because her name is Thaksin and the people love him

Civil War could be on the cards as we are back to square 1

DK

Are you saying that Thaksin is a transsexual?

Aah I see. There are 2 Thaksins: a male and female (transsexual). So he might not have a Dissociative identity disorder. There are just 2 Thaksins.

Edited by Nickymaster

So, then why not put the reconciliation bill, or TS's amnesty to a referendum by the voters. At the same time the country might vote to abandon any sort of legal system or what remains thereof.

I have a feeling this whole thing will get uglier and is far from being resolved.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

This is about whether this country remains a quasi feudal society in which a narrow, overwhelmingly ethnic Chinese elite is allowed to lord it over the rest of the population for ever and a day. They have a lot of weapons in their armoury: they control the army, the senate, and the judiciary -which has proved the most effective weapon to date.

PTP doesn't care about whether this country remains a quasi feudal society in which a narrow, overwhelmingly ethnic Chinese elite is allowed to lord it over the rest of the population for ever and a day, because this is precisely what they are doing, and with pretty much the same weapons. OK, they might not have managed complete control over the army yet, but that is clearly their long term objective. As for the senate and the judiciary, plenty of examples of how Thaksin and PTP have interfered with these. Not always successfully, but they were getting there before Thaksin was removed in 2006, and they'll get there again, given the chance. This jokingly termed "reconciliation" bill is all part of paving the way for that to happen.

All this pain, all this suffering, all this death and destruction for one man's ego? for one family's greed? for one family's hunger for power and dictatorship over Thailand? Please, say it isn't so.

This is much more than Thaksin's ego. This is a battle for Thailand and Thailand's future. Thaksin may be the rather curious standard bearer for the aspirations of the poor, but such he has become. This is about whether this country remains a quasi feudal society in which a narrow, overwhelmingly ethnic Chinese elite is allowed to lord it over the rest of the population for ever and a day. They have a lot of weapons in their armoury: they control the army, the senate, and the judiciary -which has proved the most effective weapon to date. The elected government simply have a large majority of the Thai people behind them - these are the dispossessed and marginalised and there are tens of millions of them. When the Red Shirts demonstate, these are genuine protesters from the provinces, yes they receive expenses - they are too poor to do without them, but they have a conviction - a belief in what they are demonstrating for. On the other hand there are no Yellow shirts, these are paid hirelings acting as the stooges of the Ruling Elite.

The constitutional court which has just told the house to stop debating the reconciliation bill is an institution created by the military to enforce its 2007 constitution which has so many flaws it should be ripped up and replaced with the 1999 constitution which at the time everyone subscribed to.

One of the things the people clearly understood in voting Peua Thai was that Thaksin Shinawatra would return. The people want that and the reconciliation bill could achieve it. A returned Thaksin would be much subdued from the last time and the country really could move on.

It wont though, because the ruling elite who own and have traditionally run everything in this country wont allow it. Mass protests are the only weapon the people have, and the army have shown that they are more than willing to turn their guns on their own people in order to preserve the power, wealth and privilege of a few.

If you would have posted this 6 years ago people would have believed you.

And if the the "normal" reds want to be heard, they have to steal the mic from Thaksin. But... he won't let that happen.

Edited by Nickymaster

Sir,

I note your comments on overtime. Please note that our corporate office issued a directive some time ago. Restrict any additional payroll, eliminate bonuses, no automatic cost of living increases etc. I think you will find that most businesses outside of a small group of industries has the same approach. The issues you complain about here are common in all countries. People change jobs like a Bangla street hooker changes customers. I can't say I blame them as job security is a thing of the past, even for unionized workers in the west.

In respect to your not taking a day off for 11 years, if that is the case, then you must not be efficient or well organized. We compel our employees throughout the world to take time off. Aside from it being good for both their physical and mental health it also allows a workers to step back and to approach things from a different perspective when he or she returns. Perhaps you are super human, but based upon the experiences of those that run successful businesses, they all seem to find time to spend with their families, whether it be to take a vacation together, or to watch a child's game of footie or to volunteer for a charity. A person that is focused on the job all the time is not a productive worker or a manager capable of adapting to changes in the work environment. You may wish to consider hiring on a seasoned business executive to help run your business before it fails.

coffee1.gif

Thaivisa's very own John Harvey-Jones reincarnation.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't you hate those uneducated buffaloes Clamoring for better schools, among other things, instead of just trusting the traditional elites to take care of them.

Much better to be with the elite. Too bad somebody had the horrible idea of introducing democracy to Thailand. Now the masses have really taken to it, are voting for candidates promising to further their interests, and expecting the governments they elect to be allowed to govern. Terrible isn't it?

you can give them the best schools and whatever else, it does not mean it will make any difference if they have no will, only baseless demands

they gave them wage hike and they did nothing to improve productivity if anything got lazier.

I can tell you for a fact in my ONLY 12 years experience of living here and having a business, any time i ask them to do over-time(paid at double the rate) the answer is usually a NO, and when its a YES, they will take 3 sick days after that.

They do not want to work, they do not want to study, they simply want the hand outs.

Take the poorest of the poor, gets a job as a cleaner minimum wage 9000(now), do overtime or second job, thats another 400-500 per day., overtime or second job on the days off and all over sudden he/she is making 20 000 per month, few years of hard work and they are no longer poor.

But this is not going to happen, because its easier to sit on the porch and blame others for not having the money

Here is another thought, how about NOT drinking a bottle of sangsom every single night, that would save another few hundred baht per day

Thailand has to import labor from neighboring countries because your "disadvantaged" ones do not want to work.

Businesses looking for staff on regular basis, because the little poor angels get tired after having worked for a month, so need to have a month off.

Rich did not become rich by sitting on their a$$es, doing nothing day in, day out

I am not sure what business you work in or what you pay your employees, but in my experience we have to control the amount of overtime people do in order to ensure they can still work effectively. If it was not putting restrictions on them they would work 24 hours a day! (not always effectively i grant you)

I note what you are saying re additional OT, second jobs etc, but did you ever stop to think that maybe these people, have family, children etc outside of work which they have to take care of? I think you are being extremely unfair re you samsong reference. Out of all the people i work with, the majority of which are simple working class Thai families who strive for better, very few of them drink regulalry never mind bottle of samsong on a regular basis. It sounds like you are simply steriotyping these people with little or no first hand knowledge of the situation.

In Thailand the rich are rich because they were borne into it and are trying to preserve it, a tiny percentage worked there way up. If you had worked here for 12 years and owned your own business you would know how difficult it is for ordinary workers to work themselves up through a company. There is always a glass ceiling for them which is extremely difficult to overcome.

Monopolies is how the rich get rich and stay rich. Which is why nothing improves.

So in summary:

1. You refuse to concede that the protesters, by creating the need for road blocks, are responsible for the police road blocks.

2. You refuse to concede that there is anything wrong with blocking access to a government building and preventing a democratically elected government from doing its job. (Yeah, I know, only 48% of the vote, the largest portion by a considerable margin and larger than the winners in many democratically elected governments).

3. Your words from earlier; " It is only too bad that the PAD is forced into positions where they have to break the law", which seem sympathetic to illegal PAD activities, aren't really. Are they some kind of subtle condemnation?

So in summary again

1. PAD has not broken any law as yet Really? It's legal to prevent ministers from doing their job?

2. PAD has not been issued with an order to disperse so demonstrating outside of government office is NOT illegal Demonstrating was not illegal. Blocking access was illegal, whether an order was issued or not.

3. If PAD were to stay, even after the order to disperse was issued, they would be violating the law no more or no less than the government making the order, ie one criminal telling another not to commit crime, so those directions would be nulled. What qualifies you to pronounce this government "criminal"? And have you really considered the consequences if people felt they only had to obey the law when they approved of the government enforcing the law?

Unlike PAD's opposition, PAD has never burned down the city, and even when they took over the airport, they did not burn it down, but did help to clean it up

Yes i much prefer to take sides with educated people and people who are able to think, as compared to clueless mob with hardly any brains cells functioning.

Now if you prefer the last one, not much i can do about that

No,most of the rich in Thailand were born that way.

Clearly you're an arrogant racist, fond of demeaning stereotypes. That explains a lot. In the north the minimum wage law is more often ignored than enforced. One of my friends has a degree in chemistry and is only being paid 9000 baht a month working in a lab at a government university. I have a number of friends who graduated recently with degrees in science, education, economics and education (no ignorant buffaloes), none of the them make 20 000 baht a month, to my knowledge only one makes 15 000. People who lack high school diplomas work 70 to 80 hours a week for 6000 to 7000 baht a month if they're lucky. Outside of the cities the pay is even worse. As hard as this is, it is still better than subsistence farming in the villages. I find the work ethic of these people admirable.

Thaksin is exactly the chinese elite.....The people clearly understood that voting for Peua Thai brings them 500 Baht cash now and 300 Baht minimum salary and the nice tablet computer toy...

I'm usually against mobs like these but in this case, good show Yellow Shirts!

Yes, it always makes sense to use force to paralyze a democratically-elected government, if one does not like which way the political wind is blowing.

Imagine this happening at London's Parliament on Congress in D.C. whistling.gif

Yes, it always makes sense to use force to paralyze a democratically-elected government, if one does not like which way the political wind is blowing.

Both having independent investigative bodies and judiciary, neither would have the hubris to attempt such a stupid move. Most "western" politicians will bend over backward to avoid conflicts of interest and attached perception of corruption. PTP don't give a bugger if every man and his dog knows what they are up to, they just deny and keep on thieving.

In these countries they don't try to change the constitution to whitewash a convicted criminal.

In these countries they don't try to change the constitution to whitewash a convicted criminal.

Of course they do, they just do not make it public and do it in ways that can not be proven for looooooong timebiggrin.png

But then also in those countries politicians are not as blunt in their "rape" of a country

Edited by phl

Of course they do, they just do not make it public and do it in ways that can not be proven for looooooong timebiggrin.png

But then also in those countries politicians are not as blunt in their "rape" of a country

... oh right, astute point there phl! ... I'll spend some time counting up just how many former US presidents and UK prime ministers are made freakin' billionaires as politicians!

... for Christ's sake, you cannot possibly think there is even a distantly remote correlation to be drawn between corruptions and deformities of the Thai political system, and the US and UK political systems ... pul-leaze, spare us that bit of intellectually fatuous absurdity!

... oh right, astute point there phl! ... I'll spend some time counting up just how many former US presidents and UK prime ministers are made freakin' billionaires as politicians!

... for Christ's sake, you cannot possibly think there is even a distantly remote correlation to be drawn between corruptions and deformities of the Thai political system, and the US and UK political systems ... pul-leaze, spare us that bit of intellectually fatuous absurdity!

Careful, do not hurt yourself falling from your high horsethumbsup.gif

Who's using force to stop Parliament? No one at this time.

What is happening is that the police have allowed the demonstrators to block the roads (again) and probably on purpose.

I cannot speak about DC BUT there have been many demonstrations and marches outside the English Parliament that have been controlled efficiently by the Metropolitan police that's the main difference.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yellow Shirt Protests Force House To Adjourn Indefinitely

indefinitely, for now, means a least a two month delay for the giving of monies to Thaksin/Yingluck and expunging of criminal charges against Red Shirt bombers and arsonists.

Two month recess after the House session tomorrow aims to calm political tension

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-to-call-for-a-pause-in-debate-on-unity-bills-30183450.html

See ya all back in August. :)

Now would be a very interesting time for the courts to start hearing terrorism charges on Arisman and Jatuporn.

BTW Isn't Jatuporn's bail conditional on him not speaking at political gatherings?

Sent from my Cray XT5-HE laptop computer

Edited by OzMick