The Backside Of A 60 Day Double Entry

Make sure your original visa is still valid on the day you return to Thailand (most issued in the area only allow 90 days from date of issue to make all entries). As said you do not want a re-entry permit.

It is worth re-iterating that you must return to Thailand before the 'use by' or 'enter before' date on your original visa not your extended permission to stay date.

Many have fallen foul of the 90 day validity of TVs issued in the region and got stuck with a 15 day stamp rather than the 60 they were expecting.

Thanks for the answers mates! Just to clarify, my visa expires on the 13th, I'm leaving on the 12th for Laos and will walk into the Thai consulate in Savannakhet the morning of the 13th. Anyone see any problems with this plan? Again, thank you!

Ah, we have misunderstood, I suspect most of us thought you were activating the second entry of a double tourist visa.

Assuming you are not and it's your 30 day extension that expires on the 13th, then your plan looks fine.

Actually he clearly said it was the backside of a double entry so not sure what is going on. That was the heading and then he said done a 60 day and 30 day extension so should not be any need to visit any Consulate if indeed a double entry visa.

hehehe, sorry for the confusion!biggrin.png I have a 60 day double entry tourist visa. I've used my 1st 60 and have paid my 1900 for the 30 day extension. I'm leaving on the 12th for Laos (they seem to be the nicest at the moment) I will walk into the same building, whatever its called, on the morning of the 13th, which is where I got the visa to begin with, and when the 1st half of my double entry tourist visa expires. I want to activate the second half; 60 days + 1900 for 30 days. Does my plan hold water? :)

Thanks Global Mod for the education. When I went to Burma through Ranong a couple years back I checked out of T-land, had my picture taken and my passport stamped in Burma, and re-entered T-land. Can I do all of this at the border in Savannakhet? Man, that would be easy and cost effective. Thanks!

If you're just going to do the "cross the border - enter neighbor - turn around - reenter Thailand" bit I would recommend going to Cambodia at the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border, will be much closer than Laos (if you're in BKK, anyway) plus the entry visa for Cambodia is cheaper as well.

Nacho - I have the same visa as you. Mine says "Enter Before" June 13, so I am thinking I have to come back into TH by June 12. When you say yours expires June 13, if it says Enter Before June 13 like mine, maybe you have to come back to TH by June 12. That's what I'm going to be doing anyway, come back into TH June 12.

It is best to do that but for last decade or so have not seen any reports of not being able to enter on the date indicated (and many people with only second language English would not notice that and make errors).