German Restaurant

SimonGruber

I own a success German restaurant in Bangkok...i want to take a holiday in phuket. Maybe I would like to see if there are any German food outlets in Phuket. My idea is to have a wholesale to supply quality German products....but also have restaurant. Can anyone reccomend me good German restaurants in Phuket?

Edited by Maestro
Changed gibberish to English.

Just came back from "Valentin Biergarten" in the Rawai/Nai Harn area. Schweinshaxe was not bad, and the red cabbage was yummy. About opposite of Full Moon Bar, near the western end of Soi Yuan.

What type of products? Explain in detail please.wai.gif

Only forum sponsor may promote own products. So let's not have an open discussion on the board. Any promo posts will be removed.

Sorry. Not asking for "own products" or brand name. Asking for detail on type of product. Are you selling strudel or sausage? Or everything in between?

BTW, I’m not German. biggrin.png

Two in Patong fairly close to each other. Nanai Rd north of the Mae Ubol market area is Saxony. Small place and decent food for decent price. South of the market is Schlemmergarten. Bigger place and very nice food also, priced about the same. Been a while, maybe a year since I've been to either, but had good experiences at both in the past. Thai food available at both places, though I thought the Thai stuff was a bit better at Saxony.

• 1 month later...

roulades - a german dish - is perhaps the finest and tastiest meat dish ever - no fat...

german bakery is famous all over the world... nobody bakes better bread and breadrolls, and cakes..

and so are "berliner", others just put a hole in the middle and call it doughnut... in fact its a german invention...

Edited by ddpffft
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The best Wiener Schnitzel I had in Phuket, was at "The Anchor". From Chalong circle direction pier.

I miss Weiner snitzel from the old german favorite in Karon. On the bend before the rear entrance of movenpick. Forget the name but it was authentic german. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Closed about 2-3 years ago.

I always thought Fatty's was good on the portions but low on the quality

Wrong. In fact, the portions are not huge, only the plates themselves. Quality of the food is very good, and importantly, is consistent every time you go there. Not always easy to get a table after 7 p.m. any evening, regardless of the 'season', which wouldn't be the case were my views not shared by the majority.

Wrong. In fact, the portions are not huge, only the plates themselves. Quality of the food is very good, and importantly, is consistent every time you go there. Not always easy to get a table after 7 p.m. any evening, regardless of the 'season', which wouldn't be the case were my views not shared by the majority.

Id say a big majority there are Muay Thai fighters who are there for a good price and a big meal, not necessarily the finest dining in Phuket. I will give it another try though

I miss Weiner snitzel from the old german favorite in Karon. On the bend before the rear entrance of movenpick. Forget the name but it was authentic german. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Closed about 2-3 years ago.

it seems strange to me that a "Hans Gruber" can't spell "Wiener Schnitzel" tongue.png

• Like 1

There were a couple in Patong that used to be really good although more Austrian than German. K Hotel & another one on the beach road running just north of Bangla. I also like Fattys but I do not think they have much if anything in the way of German sausage. Has Anchor Inn reopened as Thai Thai food was also OK.

Id say a big majority there are Muay Thai fighters who are there for a good price and a big meal, not necessarily the finest dining in Phuket. I will give it another try though

I agree with you: good size portions, but on the lower end quality wise.

I agree with you: good size portions, but on the lower end quality wise.

same experience here, tried twice and off the list it went. To be fair highlight was the home made rye bread which he doesn't sell over the street, I wont go for just a butter bread though.

it seems strange to me that a "Hans Gruber" can't spell "Wiener Schnitzel" tongue.png

Or know that Wiener Schnitzel is an Austrian dish.

Edited by Old Croc

but an hamburger isn't german either

Edited by huuwi

but an hamburger isn't german either

And it's not made out of ham