7,500 Millions Baht

OMG! where did you find this?

Hope they round up the wild boar on Koh Tan.... first! or there will be hit and run incidents and pigs flying! laugh.pngwhistling.gif

(yes it's true, there are wild boar on Koh Tan.....)

What live ones, uneaten?

Not havin that

That's really interesting!

I've been having about the same idea of tunnels exactly the same route.

The water is shallow enough for bridges and I guess it'd be cheaper than tunnelling all the way. But IMO a tunnel would be more longer lasting and less maintenance in the long run.

Really hope this project will be reality within my lifetime. That'd be really nice to experience!

That's really interesting!

I've been having about the same idea of tunnels exactly the same route.

The water is shallow enough for bridges and I guess it'd be cheaper than tunnelling all the way. But IMO a tunnel would be more longer lasting and less maintenance in the long run.

Really hope this project will be reality within my lifetime. That'd be really nice to experience!

Well, you got a few years on me I will admit! rolleyes.gif

Hope they round up the wild boar on Koh Tan.... first! or there will be hit and run incidents and pigs flying! laugh.pngwhistling.gif

This has been around for a few days ... I would have posted but i was waiting for my land deal to go through .. I am now the proud owner of 4 rai on koh tan , with exclusive rights to 7/11 , family mart, kfc and burger king ... Worlds first only tropical island service station

• Like 2

This has been around for a few days ... I would have posted but i was waiting for my land deal to go through .. I am now the proud owner of 4 rai on koh tan , with exclusive rights to 7/11 , family mart, kfc and burger king ... Worlds first only tropical island service station

Interesting, are you prepared to outline how you managed to become the owner of 4 rai of land and get exclusive rights to the franchises?

Only four Rai.... must be a bit left then..... who's the agent? whistling.gif

What no, Little Chef? I've heard they are improving their menu! biggrin.png

As for the boar, I was informed by a reasonably good source that this is true, still alive and running around the island.... I won't bore you with anymore details! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Interesting, are you prepared to outline how you managed to become the owner of 4 rai of land and get exclusive rights to the franchises?

He sold a bridge elsewhere to finance it........interested in one ??

He sold a bridge elsewhere to finance it........interested in one ??

Sure - Tower Bridge in London would be good

7.5 billion baht is something that our favorite fugitive from the law could finance right out of his pocket....So the money is around if someone wanted to get it done.

Realistically, the toll price would be interesting. The Chunnel toll is about 2,500 baht equivalent for a car one way, I think. Someone can correct me on that.

Doing a quick add up of length assuming figures are correct in the picture from OP, this would be about the same length as the Penang bridge in Malaysia.

Which is the 4th longest bridge in Asia @13.5 Kms....

You pay a one way toll.... 14 MR or about 140 baht for motorbike, and starts at approx 70 baht for vehicle (based on 10 baht to MR, I think slightly less now. )

http://www.penangbri...loperation.html

I guess this would mean a big "fire sale"of all the ferries! wink.png .... if it ever happens of course!

• 4 weeks later...

After crossing the Penang bridge this morning, jammed packed in three lanes both ways, (but traffic moving).....thumbsup.gif

I thought to my self, a bridge to Samui is long in the distance future..... if ever .... there is not the infrastructure here to support the volume of traffic needed to even begin to justify the cost of building a bridge of that kind of magnitude.

Or toll rates so high no one would use it! rolleyes.gifblink.png Another skeleton!!!! biggrin.png

Just bye the bye, on a bike at least.... it's 2 MR to take ferry to Penang (20 baht approx) and free to drive over bridge back to Butterworth and the freeway north or south.

Where's this from?!

Bangkok Air offices. Wait till you see the toll charges.

get a tunneldugon the cheap.

lock the best escape criminals in a" prison"on thecost of samui where the only way is down and out..

get crinimals that are famous for digging tunnels.

once then have comlelted the tunnel. arrest them on the other side.

give them a thank you anda biscuit and a kick in then send them back to where ever they came from

let the construction people do the rest.

or we could sendmole in there under cover to help them