Wi Fi For House

klikster

Can anyone give me directions to change my 3bb Huawei HG521c WiFi Router to 802.11n protocol?

What I have seen so far seems to indicate I need to use AES encryption instead of TKIP and 20/40 channel bandwidth.

Can I just make the changes to the network connection I am using or do I need to make a new network connection?

Thank you in advance.

MSPain

Yes you're on the right track. AES & 20/40.

You should be able to connect again after a reboot without any further changes.

To connect your notebook at 300Mb/s rather than 150Mb/s you may need to also make a small change in the notebook's wireless configuration. From memory the "channel width" needs to be set at "auto" rather than "20mhz".

Can anyone give me directions to change my 3bb Huawei HG521c WiFi Router to 802.11n protocol?

What I have seen so far seems to indicate I need to use AES encryption instead of TKIP and 20/40 channel bandwidth.

Can I just make the changes to the network connection I am using or do I need to make a new network connection?

Thank you in advance.

MSPain

To connect your notebook at 300Mb/s rather than 150Mb/s you may need to also make a small change in the notebook's wireless configuration. From memory the "channel width" needs to be set at "auto" rather than "20mhz".

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Might have some questions from all the friends that may not be able to connect when they are over. When I tried to reconnect after making some changes I was notified that the connection did not match. That kind of makes sense to me since the encryption was different... Experimenting with computers made me this way!

Thank you in advance.

MSPain

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Might have some questions from all the friends that may not be able to connect when they are over. When I tried to reconnect after making some changes I was notified that the connection did not match. That kind of makes sense to me since the encryption was different... Experimenting with computers made me this way!

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. I've been using Windows 8 for quite a while which doesn't mind if you change the encryption on a particular connection.

I think if you change the encryption on your wifi router when using Windows 7 (& backwards) you may need to delete the profile for that wifi connection and then connect again. Sorry.