Gig Aces The Audition Thailand'S Got Talent

Chainsaw

its 2 bad though that most of them have been on those shows as celebrity guest or judge and not as contestant.

I even stated on this thread earlier that mr bieber was discovered on youtube/side of the street.

Edited by Hostile17

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have a bit of experience with raw talent. At the time I was manager of a blues/rock band and a very young girl auditioned. At 16 years old she was already great, at 18 years old I passed her along to a friend ( George Kooimans of the "Golden Earrings") and she made it really, really big !

My point is; when raw talent gets discovered by pro's in the music industry they then can basically make or bread a career. From nothing "special" to a superstar is not as far as 1 might think.

I have seen her perform, she's ok for a wedding/birthday kind of thing BUT I have also seen her (once) performing with some awesome artists ( my apologies for Chainsaw and the rest) and they were able to get the best out of her.

Anyway, I'm happy the thread is open again and we can discuss this, and follow Gig's progress, in a civilized manner.

On a sidenote, wouldn't that have been Golden Earring (so without the 's') by that time? Unless that was before 1970, how old is Anouk now?

Edited by stevenl

I also have a bit of experience with raw talent. At the time I was manager of a blues/rock band and a very young girl auditioned. At 16 years old she was already great, at 18 years old I passed her along to a friend ( George Kooimans of the "Golden Earrings") and she made it really, really big !

My point is; when raw talent gets discovered by pro's in the music industry they then can basically make or bread a career. From nothing "special" to a superstar is not as far as 1 might think.

I have seen her perform, she's ok for a wedding/birthday kind of thing BUT I have also seen her (once) performing with some awesome artists ( my apologies for Chainsaw and the rest) and they were able to get the best out of her.

Anyway, I'm happy the thread is open again and we can discuss this, and follow Gig's progress, in a civilized manner.

On a sidenote, wouldn't that have been Golden Earring (so without the 's') by that time? Unless that was before 1970, how old is Anouk now?

I always forget when it is/was with or without "s"

I believe Anouk is now in her early 40 ths

@ Chainsaw, sorry misunderstanding. I've seen her once with Ronny and Collin

Who are Ronny and Collin?

Colin Hill and Ronny is a Thai guitarist

I'm sure Colin will be chuffed when I tell him he's awesome biggrin.png

If you want awesome, check this out, Big Bamboo at the Evason supporting Gig wink.png

Lousy sound quality unfortunately

Edited by Chainsaw

Hey, gig's mad geordie keyboard player here, spoke to gig, she's back in Rawai for a while but having to go to BKK for the rehearsal for the live TV performances, she's signed a record deal with Sony records and generally in good spirits.

I've read through the thread and everyone seems to like Gig, i think people of our age group and over are cynical of these type of TV shows, because it's a formula to generate money by voting payment phone calls and the younger generation seem to want fame instantly and demand it. in our day it was opportunity knocks, new faces and you'd already done 20 years of hard slog to get there.

Gig genuineness and the fact that she has paid her dues in slogging it out for years, makes her the real article, the comments on her singing style like Tina Turner, to me Wow what a compliment, but Gig sings great tender ballads with so much feeling aswel.

Gig's got a shot at the title, there's no other Thai like her, singing wise, even the comments on the Philipino's singing like her, there close but haven't got that stardust factor, but it's objective and everyone has there individual opinions.

Gig wants me to thank you all for your support, Remember, you'll be asked to vote for Gig on Thailands got Talent soon, if your a fan or a supporter of our local girl, please give Gig your vote!!!!!!

PS, us old boys can't vote by pigeon anymore, dam 10 baht to vote!!!!!!

Thanks everyone & keep watching!!!

I've read through the thread and everyone seems to like Gig, i think people of our age group and over are cynical of these type of TV shows, because it's a formula to generate money by voting payment phone calls and the younger generation seem to want fame instantly and demand it. in our day it was opportunity knocks, new faces and you'd already done 20 years of hard slog to get there.

Hey thanks for the information and telling us something we don’t already know. What else can it be, there is no other competition?

If it were my friend I would just set up a call center on judgment day and invest 5-10 MIL in outgoing votes. I'm sure with the fan club she has on this thread already, this feat can be achieved by a handful of individuals.

Please No Tina Turner please. Just the name alone kills me, not saying that I don’t like Tina, but she is pretty plaid out. I don’t think Tina will appease the younger generation if her next song is "We Don’t Need Another Hero", but I do like the song "Private Dancer" Classic Man!!

My suggestion would be not to go with either of these songs. Just to be on the safe side.

If she wins I am sure TGT has already been developing a good marketing strategy by now. Especially if she’s already received a record deal even before the win! Amazing, simply amazing.

And no before everyone get sensitive again, I'm not saying she doesn’t have a good voice. And again yes, by the way it looks, she will win.

I hope to hear one of her ballads next, or something complete different aside from what I have seen on these two past videos posted

BTW: madgeordie did you get signed as well?

Do you know of what the name of her album is going to be yet? Maybe once the TV guys get their party organized, she might be able to perform at the party!

Stardust factor.....I like it

Edited by FlyByNights

Hey thanks for the information and telling us something we don’t already know. What else can it be, there is no other competition?

If it were my friend I would just set up a call center on judgment day and invest 5-10 MIL in outgoing votes. I'm sure with the fan club she has on this thread already, this feat can be achieved by a handful of individuals.

Please No Tina Turner please. Just the name alone kills me, not saying that I don’t like Tina, but she is pretty plaid out. I don’t think Tina will appease the younger generation if her next song is "We Don’t Need Another Hero", but I do like the song "Private Dancer" Classic Man!!

My suggestion would be not to go with either of these songs. Just to be on the safe side.

If she wins I am sure TGT has already been developing a good marketing strategy by now. Especially if she’s already received a record deal even before the win! Amazing, simply amazing.

And no before everyone get sensitive again, I'm not saying she doesn’t have a good voice. And again yes, by the way it looks, she will win.

I hope to hear one of her ballads next, or something complete different aside from what I have seen on these two past videos posted

BTW: madgeordie did you get signed as well?

Do you know of what the name of her album is going to be yet? Maybe once the TV guys get their party organized, she might be able to perform at the party!

Stardust factor.....I like it

Thanks FBN, it's all the information i have, It's all down to Gig to work work work to get it right on the night of the Live TV, ah if only it was that simple for the voting, let the masses speak by voting!!!, Tina turner, 50 years in show business, loved the early stuff with ike,she must be well in her 70's now, it's not called "show business for nothing" these days i think the business is 90% and the show 10%, hope Gig is advised correctly by the big boys in business land, i'll see if i have a ballad recorded and post it of Gig, little known fact is many years ago i was signed in the new romantic days, these days the only thing i'll get signed for is the dole, No idea on album name, never been mentioned as yet.

Thanks again, keep watching & vote

Hey, gig's mad geordie keyboard player here, spoke to gig, she's back in Rawai for a while but having to go to BKK for the rehearsal for the live TV performances, she's signed a record deal with Sony records and generally in good spirits.

Gig genuineness and the fact that she has paid her dues in slogging it out for years, makes her the real article, the comments on her singing style like Tina Turner, to me Wow what a compliment, but Gig sings great tender ballads with so much feeling aswel.

Gig's got a shot at the title, there's no other Thai like her, singing wise, even the comments on the Philipino's singing like her, there close but haven't got that stardust factor, but it's objective and everyone has there individual opinions.

Gig wants me to thank you all for your support, Remember, you'll be asked to vote for Gig on Thailands got Talent soon, if your a fan or a supporter of our local girl, please give Gig your vote!!!!!!

PS, us old boys can't vote by pigeon anymore, dam 10 baht to vote!!!!!!

Thanks everyone & keep watching!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself! Well said Colin. thumbsup.gif

I don't think Gig will be playing in and around Rawai for a while. When I spoke to her last night she told me that she has to clear everything with Sony first now that she's under contract.

I'm looking forward to seeing her on TGT on the 29th July, I think we'll be seeing a very different Gig then. I'm so pleased for her, she deserves her success, she's earned it.

• 1 month later...

This time it’s going to be different, I’m sure she’ll be all dolled with make-up wearing a evening dress, though I could be wrong.

My guess is she will sing a slow ballad, maybe something like Whitney Houston, though I really hope she sings something in Thai. If she were to win she’ll have to be voted in by the masses, meaning the Thais will really have to like what they see. IMO most Thais hate English music, well at least the ones that I know don’t like it.

World superstar she will never become, but successes in Thailand is defiantly looking good on her side.

Something I don’t understand, is she actually the only singer on the entire show, and why does she have a record contract without having won yet?

I was under the assumption the show was intended for amateurs, and the record deal was one of the prizes for winning?

My guess is she will sing a slow ballad, maybe something like Whitney Houston, though I really hope she sings something in Thai. If she were to win she’ll have to be voted in by the masses, meaning the Thais will really have to like what they see. IMO most Thais hate English music, well at least the ones that I know don’t like it.

A bit like last year's winner? wai.gif

• Like 1

A bit like last year's winner? wai.gif

Yeah I guess you’re right, anything is possible. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens.

I'm still under the assumption though the show was meant for amateurs and the record deal was one of the prizes for winning?

Anyone know what the deal is behind that?

Ok, watched it today. She dropped the poor girl act and appeared styled up, complete with the farang husband (?) in the audience. This ain't going to bring in the votes, the 180 degree u-turn will not go down well. The performance was sadly mediocre. But with a recording deal in the back pocket, I'd hardly be all that interested in a game show, either. Goal reached, well done.

• Like 1