Manchester United

redrus

On 21/01/2018 at 4:21 PM, BangrakBob said:

Never say never Alex...

DT6f2RNW4AIwOR3.jpg

Comment in the Independent from Arsene Wenger.....:"I respect Manchester United because they generate the money they pay to their players with there own resources" the Arsenal boss said "and you must respect that"

Sanchez a "panic buy"..... every Premier League club would welcome him into their squad....straight swop for Mikki...outstanding business on United,s part....:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So who's the loser who will be edged out of the starting 11 with Sanchez joining?

I'd think he will play a role behind the main striker and be free to roam.

Mourinho will probably stick him out left. :biggrin:

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Question remains: who's the loser who will be edged out of the starting 11 with Sanchez joining?

Mata?

Martial  Lukaku Sanchez

Lindgard

Pogba.        Matic

Or.        

Lukaku 

Martial       Sanchez.   Lindgard

Pogba         Matic

Or if we play 4333

Martial  Lukaku. Sanchez

Pogba     Matic     Mata

15 minutes ago, nev said:

Mata?

Martial  Lukaku Sanchez

Lindgard

Pogba.        Matic

Or.        

Lukaku 

Martial       Sanchez.   Lindgard

Pogba         Matic

Or if we play 4333

Martial  Lukaku. Sanchez

Pogba     Matic     Mata

Best be sure Sanchez can get on his right foot or he will be peeved.:wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I reckon Sanchez will improve ManU and at last they have a player others clubs will fear...bit expensive mind.

He cost us nothing, it wa a straight swap for Mikhi, his wages are costly and agent fees, but when you are getting a premier league proven player on the cheap but have to pay him good money what's not to like.

We can afford him, and take Mikhi wages off we are not paying to much compared with what other clubs are buying players for 140 mil.

15 hours ago, nev said:

He cost us nothing, it wa a straight swap for Mikhi, his wages are costly and agent fees, but when you are getting a premier league proven player on the cheap but have to pay him good money what's not to like.

We can afford him, and take Mikhi wages off we are not paying to much compared with what other clubs are buying players for 140 mil.

United have strengthened in the deal, Arsenal have weakened.  Of that theres no doubt.  You get three good years of a world class player on a free.

I'm sure Jose will turn him into a good left wing back, Nev!!!:smile:

The wages/squad unrest thing may or may not be a future/immediate problem although i'h sure any perceived problems will be media driven.   Media driven nonsense is something we have to put up with every transfer window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

United have strengthened in the deal, Arsenal have weakened.  Of that theres no doubt.  You get three good years of a world class player on a free.

I'm sure Jose will turn him into a good left wing back, Nev!!!:smile:

The wages/squad unrest thing may or may not be a future/immediate problem although i'h sure any perceived problems will be media driven.   Media driven nonsense is something we have to put up with every transfer window.

I am very excited mate I cannot wait to see him play for us, he has all it takes to be a success at United.

As for the wingback comment I know in jest but you never know ?, one thing he can slot in in many positions upfront even as the striker, I would like to see him in the middle just behind Lukaku.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

I am very excited mate I cannot wait to see him play for us, he has all it takes to be a success at United.

As for the wingback comment I know in jest but you never know ?, one thing he can slot in in many positions upfront even as the striker, I would like to see him in the middle just behind Lukaku.

He gives 100%, adds pace and tempo to the build up, adaptable, as you say, wing or striker.

City could afford to pull out because they are so strong in the midfield, needing to take their attentions to their defense. But at United HM wasn't working and getting a swop deal for one of the top four players in the league works, despite the wages that will be backed off in other areas.  

United have also strengthened themselves for the top four chase whereas the others, bar Liverpool have not which could be crucial come may.

• Like 1

Well worth a read.

The Munich disaster’s long shadow still falls on us all, 60 years on

Listen to Bobby Charlton and you know why the minute’s silence at Manchester United’s closest home game to the anniversary, this year against Huddersfield next Saturday, always resonates

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/28/munich-disaster-60-years-manchester-united-anniversary

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sanchez and the ten donkeys show! :biggrin:

I look at this squad, the wealth of talent and it begs the question of what on earth is he doing with them?  Look at the quality!!  People can say what they wish about United's owners but no one can say they haven't back the manager.  He's had what?  300m already and wants more!  Fact is, he's just getting little or nothing out of them.  And he even gets a contract extension.......

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

I look at this squad, the wealth of talent and it begs the question of what on earth is he doing with them?  Look at the quality!!  People can say what they wish about United's owners but no one can say they haven't back the manager.  He's had what?  300m already and wants more!  Fact is, he's just getting little or nothing out of them.  And he even gets a contract extension.......

It was just a defensive lapse or they would have got their point.

Leave us alone lol!  :post-4641-1156694572:

Confident that we can address them, but there were a few problems yesterday:

1. Jones / Smalling - has never been a good partnership. Obviously no Bailly atm but Rojo needs to be in there.

2. United fans and people in general need to get off Martial's ****. He really is so overrated, apart from messing up that one on one he just freezes instead of taking on  the full back. Personally I would have him as back up CF to Lukaku.

3. Judging by his press conferences, Mourinho obviously has a chip on his shoulder about people's opinions on where Pogba should play. But I feel he played him deeper yesterday just to stick 2 fingers up at the critics, when that was blatantly a game where McTominay / Carrick should have played alongside Matic, with Pogba further up.

4. No Rashford on the bench was hard to fathom.

On the bright side we can't get much worse than yesterday.

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Confident that we can address them, but there were a few problems yesterday:

1. Jones / Smalling - has never been a good partnership. Obviously no Bailly atm but Rojo needs to be in there.

2. United fans and people in general need to get off Martial's ****. He really is so overrated, apart from messing up that one on one he just freezes instead of taking on  the full back. Personally I would have him as back up CF to Lukaku.

3. Judging by his press conferences, Mourinho obviously has a chip on his shoulder about people's opinions on where Pogba should play. But I feel he played him deeper yesterday just to stick 2 fingers up at the critics, when that was blatantly a game where McTominay / Carrick should have played alongside Matic, with Pogba further up.

4. No Rashford on the bench was hard to fathom.

On the bright side we can't get much worse than yesterday.

Strange goings on at Man United. The Woodward/Mourinho show looks to be lacking coherence.

Still team building, my only criticism is that Lukaku was a panic buy and is not anywhere near the class of a top EPL (top four) striker and the rest of the team knows it...................he shouldn't be there, that has an overall effect on moral and the rest of the team (yes it's a team game) - he don't fit and is nowhere good enough, lets see how much anyone is willing to pay for him in the summer, I suspect very little

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Still team building, my only criticism is that Lukaku was a panic buy and is not anywhere near the class of a top EPL (top four) striker and the rest of the team knows it...................he shouldn't be there, that has an overall effect on moral and the rest of the team (yes it's a team game) - he don't fit and is nowhere good enough, lets see how much anyone is willing to pay for him in the summer, I suspect very little

I tend to agree with you about Lukaku.  He really is a flat track bully.  Always seems to come up short against the better defenses, all his goals coming against lower league opposition.  

Its such a shame seeing Rashford so wasted.  With Mourinho bizarrely getting a contract extension he would be better advised to make for the exit door.

58 minutes ago, carmine said:

I tend to agree with you about Lukaku.  He really is a flat track bully.  Always seems to come up short against the better defenses, all his goals coming against lower league opposition.  

Its such a shame seeing Rashford so wasted.  With Mourinho bizarrely getting a contract extension he would be better advised to make for the exit door.

I think this is the real post Ferguson era for United. Winning the league not that important as long as they have CL every year, and Woodward sells shirts and other merchandise.

Given Mourinho's judge of talent the past few years, it would be a surprise if Lukaku was all he was expected to be.

• Like 1