Manchester United

redrus

Bladdy heck, what a load of palaver over nothing. You can tell the real season hasn't started yet cos this type of incident wouldn't get 5 minutes airtime when the season starts proper.

Well it did cost them a Goal & argubly the first Trophy of the Season..

Nah, their <deleted> penalty taking cost them the trophy :D

Something that mine & your lot wouldn't mind in the slightest... :D

Patience Singhy, patience. Something I have HAD to learn to deal with :)

Something that mine & your lot wouldn't mind in the slightest... :)

No, not playing to the whistle cost them a goal. And however good the pass was, and it was good, Rooneys off-side goal evened up the situation. Sorry, didn't hear Ferguson shouting" Rooney was offside. Give Chelsea a free kick"

Edited by farangconnection

Something that mine & your lot wouldn't mind in the slightest... :)

No, not playing to the whistle cost them a goal. And however good the pass was, and it was good, Rooneys off-side goal evened up the situation. Sorry, didn't hear Ferguson shouting" Rooney was offside. Give Chelsea a free kick"

Yep, you're right, have to play to the Whistle ..

Dont know what all the fuss is it was a fair goal even though it was a foul in the first place the ref decided to play on so fair goal.

Cannot fault rooney for playing on when he got the ball he had turned away and was getting the attack going.

Rooneys goal was touch and go being offside look at the grass line when the ball is played he looks just a tad offside and the linesman was ahead a little bit i would say fair goal.

Dont know what all the fuss is it was a fair goal even though it was a foul in the first place the ref decided to play on so fair goal.

Cannot fault rooney for playing on when he got the ball he had turned away and was getting the attack going.

Rooneys goal was touch and go being offside look at the grass line when the ball is played he looks just a tad offside and the linesman was ahead a little bit i would say fair goal.

No fuss at all Nev, just a few Member of a Forum having a discussion & trying to understand a Refereeing decision.. :)

[

No fuss at all Nev, just a few Member of a Forum having a discussion & trying to understand a Refereeing decision.. :)

I'm afraid in the last couple of years in the Premiership, everyones trying to work out how to understand referee's decisions.

nah, it's not the last couple of years. referees have made mistakes since the game began, it's nothing new. they just get highlighted and replayed more than ever before now thanks to sky sports having twenty-odd bloody cameras at every match.

I'd rather have lost 2-1 than have video replay decisions though, its the mistakes that make it human, that make it Football for me....

Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't....!

redrus

I'd rather have lost 2-1 than have video replay decisions though, its the mistakes that make it human, that make it Football for me....

redrus

I don't think anyone of us would dispute those sentiments RR, but keener-eyed more competent officials would be beneficial to the game.

hmm far be it for me a canuck to say that video replay (if used properly) hasnt hurt NFL, Rugby, NHL or Tennis - seems when I watched wimbeldon things went smooth.

if we could get capable refs, no need. unfortunately this is not the case. self proclaimed biggest league in the world but with average officiating. even the so-called best one is so-so.

they keep talking about putting chips in the balls and so on, but as stevie said before with sky with 20 cameras, the technology to get it right is here today.

but old habits die hard. some call it tradition to live with poor officiating. i call it a travesty.

hmm far be it for me a canuck to say that video replay (if used properly) hasnt hurt NFL, Rugby, NHL or Tennis - seems when I watched wimbeldon things went smooth.

if we could get capable refs, no need. unfortunately this is not the case. self proclaimed biggest league in the world but with average officiating. even the so-called best one is so-so.

they keep talking about putting chips in the balls and so on, but as stevie said before with sky with 20 cameras, the technology to get it right is here today.

but old habits die hard. some call it tradition to live with poor officiating. i call it a travesty.

we can have video replays for referees' mistakes on the day that forwards score every chance that's presented to them and that goalkeepers save every shot which is hit at them.

we can have video replays for referees' mistakes on the day that forwards score every chance that's presented to them and that goalkeepers save every shot which is hit at them.

sorry, the refs are not part of the game other than to ensure the rules are being enforced. too often their interpretations (aka fuc_k ups) have changed the results of matches.

If you are implying that 'their mistakes' are part of it, then I feel you are doing a dis-service to the sport in general. the argument that it all evens out is extremely weak. An offside goal in the final of a charity shield is not the same as one in the final of the champions league or for those facing relegation on the final day of the season.

Edited by bkkjames

I think video replays should be used for some situations (where managers get a limit number of challenges per match):

- When a penalty is given

- When a goal is ruled out for offside or a foul

- When a goal is scored (ball may have not crossed line, player may have been offside, may have been a foul etc..)

Obviously it could not be used in a proactive way (ie if a penalty is not given and you think it should have been etc...)

I also think they should use computers to detect when the ball has crossed the goal line. Probably shouldn't even require any modifications to ball and sure it could be done just from video/computers.

I mean look at Tennis they do those computer replays showing the exact landing point of the ball, but the balls don't have any chips inside right?

Wouldn't be that hard to setup that but in realtime and have a light (like in ice hockey) which lights up when the ball has crossed.

Edited by dave111223

sorry, the refs are not part of the game other than to ensure the rules are being enforced. too often their interpretations (aka fuc_k ups) have changed the results of matches.

of course they're part of the bloody game. in fact they are the most important person on the field.

If you are implying that 'their mistakes' are part of it, then I feel you are doing a dis-service to the sport in general. the argument that it all evens out is extremely weak. An offside goal in the final of a charity shield is not the same as one in the final of the champions league or for those facing relegation on the final day of the season.

and i'm not implying anything, i'm stating it. mistakes ARE a part of the game. this is a fact, no? i've never argued that 'it all evens out over a season' as that is patently untrue. but an offside goal in a charity shield very much is exactly the same thing as one in the european cup final. it's just interpretation that's different. it's exactly the same thing as a striker missing an open goal in the same match. a mistake by a human being.

of course they're part of the bloody game. in fact they are the most important person on the field.

and i'm not implying anything, i'm stating it. mistakes ARE a part of the game. this is a fact, no? i've never argued that 'it all evens out over a season' as that is patently untrue. but an offside goal in a charity shield very much is exactly the same thing as one in the european cup final. it's just interpretation that's different. it's exactly the same thing as a striker missing an open goal in the same match. a mistake by a human being.

well we differ here I guess. I believe in having the correct result - if that means via video or other, so be it. If you want to live with ref mistakes that is your choice. But rest assured as the stakes (financial) continue to climb, so too will the evolution of the sport.

If Rooney was offside as it did appear he may have been, and Chelsea went on to lose the Community Shield because of it, do you think 'oh, it's part of the game' is just.

In the NFL for example, a 4th official watching it on TV, sends a message to the referee to go take a look at it.

In 30 seconds, the final answer is given. In tennis it takes 20 seconds, rugby less than a minute. It's either a goal / offiside whaterver or it isn't. Just because old blind one can't keep up with the play or the sun was in his eyes won't change this fact.

The players, owners and millions of fans deserve nothing less - unless you think handing out 3 yellow cards is acceptable because it was human error.

redrus

I agree Red & also try my hardest to defend Referee's where possible..

It's true what Stevie said too, thanks to SKY, their decision are discected from 3, 4 sometimes 5 different angles & it's only on the last one at times that the so called " experts " ( Redknapp JNR et all ) can make their mind up..

Refs & Linesmen overall do an excellent Job of Officialting & get the vast majority of decisions right..

& yep, they're Human, they make mistakes, shit happens..

redrus

I agree Red & also try my hardest to defend Referee's where possible..

It's true what Stevie said too, thanks to SKY, their decision are discected from 3, 4 sometimes 5 different angles & it's only on the last one at times that the so called " experts " ( Redknapp JNR et all ) can make their mind up..

Refs & Linesmen overall do an excellent Job of Officialting & get the vast majority of decisions right..

& yep, they're Human, they make mistakes, shit happens..

Bang on that pal....!

redrus

Fun game yesterday. Plenty of action and plenty of promise. Valencia did some nice stuff.

Berba and Fletch frustrated me a bit at times, but then they usually do.

Shame Owen didn't pop that last chance away - it was tailor-made for the lad and finishing it would have been the cherry on top of the three points.

Oh well. One down, thirty seven to go.

I wish Berbatov and Valencia would play with more urgency. Berbatov always seems to want the slow the game down so much when he gets on the ball.

And Valencia at the end had so many chances to break into acres of space but he just waited and waited looking around; start running first, think later.

dave i was happy with a 1-0 win just to get off to a winning start we had a lot of players out, and the injury to evans stopped anderson comming on for scholes who was tireing.

Burnley away next carrick should be back after a rest.I am going for a 2-0 win

Went to the game yesterday sat right next to the away fans, its sad that only them could be heard singing & it wasn't a sell out either 2 empty seats right in front of me & my mate, they were 1000 down that's bad for O/T but i enjoyed my day.

Burnley away next carrick should be back after a rest.

Are you sure Fergie hasn't bribed the fixtures guy. Brum at home and then Burnley away :)

Quite the opposite BJ, the fixtures guy took into account that historically we are slow out of the gate - meaning for the upstarts we are / should be an easier touch now compared to December. :D

Last night I dreamt Burnley beat Man Utd. 3-1

My dreams have been profitable so far, because I dreamt 6-1 to the Gunners at the weekend.

Be wary of dreams syd - sometimes you wake up in the middle of them and scream "fu_ck you rooney" :)

My dreams have been profitable so far, because I dreamt 6-1 to the Gunners at the weekend.

I think that's a very old replay that you were dreaming Syd :D

It happened way back in 1958 :)

1958/1959 Sat 08 Nov Manchester United 1 - 3 Burnley

Be wary of dreams syd - sometimes you wake up in the middle of them and scream "fu_ck you rooney" :)

Anyone know if True Visions are showing the game? It's not in my magazine and i'm having troubles with their website.

Anyone know if True Visions are showing the game? It's not in my magazine and i'm having troubles with their website.

145am, chic channel mate

Last night i had a dream i had a fight with either Rocky Balboa or Sylvester Stalone, cant remember if i won or not though would have made a nice double! :)