Manchester United

redrus

United are so stuffy, it gets reet up me nose. Totally outplayed by the Arse last night. And how on earth Fletcher didn't get that penalty awarded against him was unreal and he's turning out to be a dirty git. But as you say, you got the points.

Agreed. It gets up my nose too.

The facts are that Arsenal should have won 3-0 were it not for the corrupt and bent referee Mike Dean.

Mike Dean was suspended in 2005 following his betting activities.

In my opinion and many at 'betfair.com': Mike Dean entered that match Man Utd v Arsenal confident that Man Utd would be victors.

I shall refrain from publishing his home address in Gayton, Heswall (As per Thai Visa rules) for those of you who would prefer to write to him and demand his resignation.

sour grapes take defeat gracefully.

so you should have won 3-0 even though a arsenal player put through his own goal and a keeper takes a player out for a deadset penalty so it was deans fault.

you cannot make this sh*t up. :)

No difference as far as I'm concerned. Nice fabrication from Rooney though,just a bit less obvious than Eduardo's.

It's true that there was only one thing in Rooney's mind...Penalty...but to say this (below) is no contact or not a penalty is crazy.

01_roo_682x400_878047a.jpg

It was pretty much stonewall, and the only reason this is even a topic is because of Eduardo's outrageous dive a few days before.... see if you can't spot the difference you must be blind:

article-0-06314CF4000005DC-865_468x419.jpg

These stills don't tell me anything that I don't already know.Read my first post. I said Rooney was diving before Almunia made contact with his strategically positioned trailing leg.He dived so was trying to hoodwink the referee but,without recourse to instant replays,he had no option but to give a penalty.

These stills don't tell me anything that I don't already know.Read my first post. I said Rooney was diving before Almunia made contact with his strategically positioned trailing leg.He dived so was trying to hoodwink the referee but,without recourse to instant replays,he had no option but to give a penalty.

The above image clearly shows Almunia in contact with both of Rooney's legs (touching one leg with his left elbow and the other with his right hand). How does this match with your "trailing leg" theory?

It doesn't matter if Rooney was already falling, you can't foul a player before, during or after they are falling. Almunia is directly under Rooney, he is in Rooney's path, and has made contact with the player and no contact with the ball...it's practically the definition of a penalty.

Whatever is said, the score remains 2-1 to Manchester United. I find it rather hilarious that Arsenal are bleating on about this penalty, after the antics of their own player in the week. My own take, penalty and the moaning is just a way of deflection attention away from Eduardo.

Whatever is said, the score remains 2-1 to Manchester United. I find it rather hilarious that Arsenal are bleating on about this penalty, after the antics of their own player in the week. My own take, penalty and the moaning is just a way of deflection attention away from Eduardo.

However, my Bufonidae friend. :) Did you think that dirty chavvy git Fletcher, fouled Arshavin? Cos that was more of a stone wall pen than Rooney's. However, Mike "I'm wearing my nice new United shirt under my ref's one" Dean, didn't give it. :D

The ball was already in Row 22 when Rooney went down. Hardly a goal scoring opportunity but the ref had no choice.

Why would it matter where the ball went? So by your reasoning if you just went up to someone in the box and kicked them it wouldn't be a penalty because they didn't have the ball, and it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity?

However, my Bufonidae friend. :D Did you think that dirty chavvy git Fletcher, fouled Arshavin? Cos that was more of a stone wall pen than Rooney's. However, Mike "I'm wearing my nice new United shirt under my ref's one" Dean, didn't give it. :D

I refuse to bite MrBJ - you know that I'm not going to get into that debate with a biased person such as yourself. :)

The ball was already in Row 22 when Rooney went down. Hardly a goal scoring opportunity but the ref had no choice.

Why would it matter where the ball went? So by your reasoning if you just went up to someone in the box and kicked them it wouldn't be a penalty because they didn't have the ball, and it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity?

Yep, this goes back to what i was saying about not understanding why the commentator was saying that Rooney was lucky to get the pen as the ball was already going out of play. Don't see the relevance with what is happening with the ball when one player fouls another.

However, my Bufonidae friend. :D Did you think that dirty chavvy git Fletcher, fouled Arshavin? Cos that was more of a stone wall pen than Rooney's. However, Mike "I'm wearing my nice new United shirt under my ref's one" Dean, didn't give it. :D

I refuse to bite MrBJ - you know that I'm not going to get into that debate with a biased person such as yourself. :)

Worth a try though eh buddy :D

No. What I'm saying is that Rooney KNEW exactly what he was doing. And that was to get to the ball first, no matter where it went. His number one objective was to get the penalty. Just as bad as diving in my opinion.

Worth a try though eh buddy :D

:D I know, but you got Dave to bite though, didn't you?

'

I still have a funny feeling that Ferguson is up to something and that there will be one more signing before 31st August I'd bet "me flat cap on it "

I think I just lost me flat cap. :)

At least you've still got yer Cloggs and Rattle ken :D

I'm not 100% but I don't think the window is closed yet anyway. I thought it had been extended to the 3rd ?

No. What I'm saying is that Rooney KNEW exactly what he was doing. And that was to get to the ball first, no matter where it went. His number one objective was to get the penalty. Just as bad as diving in my opinion.

Well i guess your opinion differs from the rules of the game...seeing as diving is a bookable offense, but there are no rules against attempting to get the opponent to foul you.

:) I know, but you got Dave to bite though, didn't you?

Don't worry about me, i have plenty of time on my hands to bite on such things.

Edited by dave111223

Well i guess your opinion differs from the rules of the game...seeing as diving is a bookable offense, but there are no rules against attempting to get the opponent to foul you.

Your absolutely right dave, I'm not disputing that and nowhere have i said that it wasn't a penalty. It clearly was. What I'm talking about is sportsmanship. Probably a concept that is very alien to United :)

Sportsmanship went out of the game after they raised the wage limit from 10 quid a week !

Everything comes down to money and win at all costs, better go go and 'ave a kickabout in the ginnel, anybody up for it ? (who ever brings the ball sets the rules and if it goes over old Smithy's fence Scarper !!)

That's a bit harsh BJ, Midfielders do it regulary in the middle of the Pitch & we don't hear a peep about that ..

So your reserves will play our reserves in the No Point Cup.

But you bleeders are charging over forty quid for the privilege.

The only Wolves game I can make on my trip home and One it's on Sky and two you lot charge the earth for a reserve game !! Don't think i'll bother.

post-14972-1252065889_thumb.png

since the glazers took over 4 years 3 months ago.

This is the net spending of each club.

wenger has made a profit fair play to arsenal.

Fergie has done a fantastic job winning 3 premier league titles and a european champions league.

hughes 232million he needs to win a trophy this season spending that much.

Fergie has done a fantastic job winning 3 premier league titles and a european champions league.

You can play around with figures as much as is beneficial to your bias nev, you know that. For instance, how much did fergie spend before that. ONE player, Ronaldo took of £80m of that spending. The figure would have also been in the £80+m bracket for United as well

hughes 232million he needs to win a trophy this season spending that much.

I would love to see where they got that figure from. It's luducrous, we haven't spent nowhere near that. Nontheless, a Trophy is needed this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what can i say a top notch display!

Back too the old united way out and out attack.

rooney was immense best player in the league by a mile.

bring on city next week see what they are made of should be acracking derby!

^^ Yep, best performance of the season so far, in my opinion, esp the first half.

Not usually the first to sing his praises, but yesterday Fletcher was immense. Evra had a good one too. Totally nullified Lennon. Rooney was awesome, but when isn't he?

Judging by the way City played yesterday, i think next week will be a very physical encounter - should be fun!

Great result and fantastic effort from all the lads - the only downside is - I think I've lost my contract as Paul Scholes' "tackling coach"... :)

Really i thought Vinnie Jones had that job :D

Seriously though, the second tackle seemed a harsh yellow, especially as Palasios had thrown in like 5 similar tackles.

Edited by dave111223