Manchester United

redrus

Diouf bagged a hat trick this week playing reserves against Sunderland and Macheda played the last 20 minutes after being out for a long time. Need these boys to step up ASAP

Agreed. Too many young strikers of late at United have shown so much promise only to fall away for whatever reason. Rossi is the one that really sticks in my mind. Hope Mame and Macheda don't end up going the same way.

Diouf bagged a hat trick this week playing reserves against Sunderland and Macheda played the last 20 minutes after being out for a long time. Need these boys to step up ASAP

Agreed. Too many young strikers of late at United have shown so much promise only to fall away for whatever reason. Rossi is the one that really sticks in my mind. Hope Mame and Macheda don't end up going the same way.

Ther was a lot of hope for Manucho,couldnt cut with United went onto Hull on loan now disappeared.

As long as I live I will never understand the selling of Rossi

You aren't alone mate. All that time we spent grooming him up, all those seasons in the reserves when he was scoring for fun... and then a few cup games, a few games coming on as sub, and then we let him go... completely baffling and what an anticlimax - really did think he would be the next great thing... ah well... as you say, SAF knows best and must have had his reasons, even if we ain't privy to them.

As long as I live I will never understand the selling of Rossi

You aren't alone mate. All that time we spent grooming him up, all those seasons in the reserves when he was scoring for fun... and then a few cup games, a few games coming on as sub, and then we let him go... completely baffling and what an anticlimax - really did think he would be the next great thing... ah well... as you say, SAF knows best and must have had his reasons, even if we ain't privy to them.

Rossi was sold to Villareal after loan spells at Parma and Newcastle but he has a clause in his contract that he can be bought back by United. He has had some succest at Villareal but nothing to write home about. He is in the Italian squad for the WC having dual Italian/ American citizenship so maybe that the showcase for him to shine.

Nani?!

Why, oh why?

That aside, good result. And good to see Mame get on the score sheet (We got a nickname for the lad yet? We need one!)

I Have slated nani before but i thought he did well yesterday a lot better than that waste of space park'

For a start nani has two good feet excellent crosser of the ball takes the man on and beats them,cut the lad some slack a good run in the team could do the lad the world of good.

We was far more potent with two natural wide wingers.

As for diouf i can see promise him in the middle getting on the end of nani and valencia's crosses could be a good option for us chasing games.

Also has velencia got a left foot not seen a player so one footed for a long time,but he is still a excellent player.

just like to bump this post of mine :D

Nani was excellent today a good run in the team for this lad now. :D

Rooney nani scholes all excellent today.

Good win on top lads on high going in to wednesday night,and hopefully i will be over my food poisoning i have had for 4 days now :)

I really think it's time for Scholes to hang up his boots. He's been a legend...but come on, he was WOEFUL yesterday, he "setup" the first goal, almost setup 2 more.

I thought the same, he is finished just hope he realises it himself, but like many a boxer theyre the last to realise, always thought he wanted to play for his boyhood team Oldham before hanging up his boots.

Well so long as we are bumping... :) comments from a couple of weeks back... oh well... good that Scholesy pays no attention to the folks on TVF eh...

As for Nani, last night was one of his best performances - the sort of performance we've been waiting for - shame it's taken all the games he has played to start producing it.

All he has to do now is play like that every game.

Edited by rixalex

Dont know about you guys but on about the 80th minutes I was thinking here we here we go again playing an ordinary team and we cant put them away and then all Rooney lets loose. Nani had easily his best game since joining the club and gives Ferguson a problem as he did if from the right side of the park ,can he reproduce that form from the left when Valencia comes back. Scholes back to his industrious beat and Ferdinand apart from one moment of madness ,where he could have been dismissed, looked solid. As for this notion that Own cant play with Rooney I never have gone along with that and one passing move last night where unfortuantly Owen tapped the ball to the keeper instead of blasting it was champagne stuff. Onto City. Obviously the rested Giggs , ValenciaAnderson, Carrick wil be playing who goes to the bench ?

Danny Wellbeck has joined Preston on loan until the end of the seasson. Good move for him with Diouf and Macheda on the way back its opportune for him to get some game time. Good prospect but not ready for the big time just yet in my opinion

Danny Wellbeck has joined Preston on loan until the end of the seasson. Good move for him with Diouf and Macheda on the way back its opportune for him to get some game time. Good prospect but not ready for the big time just yet in my opinion

Agreed. Bit too far down the pecking order right now, to get a decent run in the team. Getting regular games will do him good.

On the subject of strikers, Shearer tells the papers today that Rooney is carrying the team. No getting away from the fact he is a very important player, but just because he is the spearhead, let's not forget the ten other players on the pitch Mr Shearer.

Last season all we heard was that the team was all about Ronaldo. "Where would the goals come from without him?" The goals have come. Success? We'll have to wait and see. But top of the table at the end of January ain't too shoddy. No one player is bigger then United - never has been, never will be. They come, they go. We stay.

Agreed. Bit too far down the pecking order right now, to get a decent run in the team. Getting regular games will do him good.

On the subject of strikers, Shearer tells the papers today that Rooney is carrying the team. No getting away from the fact he is a very important player, but just because he is the spearhead, let's not forget the ten other players on the pitch Mr Shearer.

Last season all we heard was that the team was all about Ronaldo. "Where would the goals come from without him?" The goals have come. Success? We'll have to wait and see. But top of the table at the end of January ain't too shoddy. No one player is bigger then United - never has been, never will be. They come, they go. We stay.

So right ,the service from the flanks has been far superior this year as Ronaldo used to cut inside a lot. The much maligned Berbatov and Nani played there part by providing Roo with inch perfect passes and Im sure Rooney knows that. I actualy think he is relieved that Ronaldo,as good as he was, is not there.

I really think it's time for Scholes to hang up his boots. He's been a legend...but come on, he was WOEFUL yesterday, he "setup" the first goal, almost setup 2 more.

I thought the same, he is finished just hope he realises it himself, but like many a boxer theyre the last to realise, always thought he wanted to play for his boyhood team Oldham before hanging up his boots.

Well so long as we are bumping... :) comments from a couple of weeks back... oh well... good that Scholesy pays no attention to the folks on TVF eh...

As for Nani, last night was one of his best performances - the sort of performance we've been waiting for - shame it's taken all the games he has played to start producing it.

I have to say Scholes baffles me, most of the season in my opinion he's been poor (as above), but he really did have an excellent game again hull, the question will be if he can maintain his newly found form.

As for this notion that Own cant play with Rooney I never have gone along with that and one passing move last night where unfortuantly Owen tapped the ball to the keeper instead of blasting it was champagne stuff.

Agreed, they looked great together, the only thing that's missing is the goals. And unless they are banging in 2 or 3 a game together people just won't get them a chance as a partnership.

I have to say Scholes baffles me, most of the season in my opinion he's been poor (as above), but he really did have an excellent game again hull, the question will be if he can maintain his newly found form.

Newly found form? Mate, this is the form he has carried throughout his whole career at United. Does he have the occcasional off game? Of course - what player doesn't? Is he making a few more mistakes than he made in his prime? Probably yes. Is he still a class above the vast majority of midfielders playing right now in the Premiership? Without a doubt.

Calls to hang up his boots are not only unfair they are unwarranted. Give old gingernut a break. What he's done for the club, he deserves it i reckon.

Agreed, they looked great together, the only thing that's missing is the goals. And unless they are banging in 2 or 3 a game together people just won't get them a chance as a partnership.

On the England front, Heskey proves that's not always the case doesn't he?

With strike partnerships i don't think i matters terribly which one of them is bagging the goals, providing they are both capable of finishing when given the chance.

Berba hasn't been a prolific scorer for us, but what's saved him has been his assists. I think Owen reads the game well and has the vision to contribute in the same way, given the chance. I hope he gets it.

Newly found form? Mate, this is the form he has carried throughout his whole career at United. Does he have the occcasional off game? Of course - what player doesn't? Is he making a few more mistakes than he made in his prime? Probably yes. Is he still a class above the vast majority of midfielders playing right now in the Premiership? Without a doubt.

Calls to hang up his boots are not only unfair they are unwarranted. Give old gingernut a break. What he's done for the club, he deserves it i reckon.

Yes newly found form. He was poor for the whole first half of the season, not just one or two off games. Granted he has had two great performances in his last two matches, but we'll see if (hopefully) he can continue with that.

And just because he has been one of United greatest players does that mean we've got to blindly accept him playing into his 40s?

Gee you are tough on Scolsey. Who put in a rocket against Hull that the keeper couldnt hold onto, Scholes ,with Rooney there to pick up the scraps. HE has been doing it all his career. Who has the highest ratio of completed passes in the premiership. Scholes. Of course he will not play more than 2 seasons at most he has already stated that but we heard the same about Giggs last season. They know when their time is up and so does the Manager. Lets enjoy the moment

Sky football' who tend to be less sensational than the tabloids are saying tonight that United are close to signing Chris Smalling the bright 20 yr old centre back from Fullham. Wouldnt surprise me with Uniteds financial problems. Better to build than to buy names might be the new mantra. Having said that I still see Vidic going in the summer and Ferguson issuing an ultimatum to Ferdinand, less show biz and more football ,its the Beckham scenario all over again. Hope Im wrong. If they do go hope at least one big name is bought in and the money not used to pay Glazers debts.

Its taken them 3 days but the FA have charged Ferdinand for his altercation with Hulls Fagan last Saturday. If he pleads guilty, which he probably will do as the video evidence is pretty damming, he can play Wed but be out for 3 weeks inc the Arsenal game. Ferdinand idiotic behaviour ,and he was captain last Saturday, is beyond me.

Its taken them 3 days but the FA have charged Ferdinand for his altercation with Hulls Fagan last Saturday. If he pleads guilty, which he probably will do as the video evidence is pretty damming, he can play Wed but be out for 3 weeks inc the Arsenal game. Ferdinand idiotic behaviour ,and he was captain last Saturday, is beyond me.

Only thing surprising is it took this long. Hope the manager took him to pieces.

And gallas lung and breaking the ankle of the bolton player goes unpunished. :)

Who has the highest ratio of completed passes in the premiership. Scholes.

Source?

One of the more reputable football web sites I occasionally log onto ,if I can find it will forward it to you, why do you think I am making it up? Look at Uniteds possession in most games and who sits in front of the back four spraying it around.

One of the more reputable football web sites I occasionally log onto ,if I can find it will forward it to you, why do you think I am making it up? Look at Uniteds possession in most games and who sits in front of the back four spraying it around.

Spraying it around and delivering pin-point diagonal balls, sometimes almost the length of the pitch, that cuts defenses apart. One of a kind.