Manchester United

redrus

Milan where crap and are nowhere near the team they used to be when Maldini was playing,we deserved to beat them last night after we realised in the second half that they rely on Ronaldino and the san siro syndrome far to much now.

The real star of the game last night was Fletcher for me,tireless running great link up play with rooney and every game just getting better and better now,class act!

Referee was poor also.

A good result after 3 or 4 sloppy mistakes in the 1st half (even Scholesy was guilty of some simple mistakes) I didn't think we played "crappy", sure there were a couple of sloppy defensive mistakes, but it was a big game and some players still suffer from nervous moments (Jonny Evans comes to mind). On the whole I thought we played well, and certainly after leveling (what a cracking goal for the "Jammiest Goal Award" )

Fletcher did have a good game (and good on Fergie for persevering with the lad), Wayne Rooney was in absolute fine form with great centre-forward headed goals, but for me I think a special mention should go to Edwin Van Der Sar his saves were absolutely crucial to the final outcome, Cheers Edwin.

(Jonny Evans comes to mind).

Looked like he was on the receiving end of a bit of the old hairdryer treatment - although Fergie doesn't usually administer that from the touchline!

I think a special mention should go to Edwin Van Der Sar his saves were absolutely crucial to the final outcome, Cheers Edwin.

Couldn't agree more. He kept us in the tie for sure.

~o~

All in all, a great, great result, and a not so great performance. There were highlights, and there were some low points.

I think the key to it was as Nad said, realising that Milan are pretty ordinary once you take The Teeth out of the team.

Shame to concede that late goal - would have been all over without that - but the result was fair, so no complaints.

Hope once we get them back to ours we can come out of the gates flying and put it to bed early on.

My last memory is of going one-nil down, I think. Then nothing.

I told my Mrs that I fell asleep and missed the match and she asked 'why didn't you record it?'. What a dumb arse I am, I got the bloody PVR for this very reason!

I've been checking YouTube for highlights.

Cheers (I'll check the True Sports channels for any sign)

My last memory is of going one-nil down, I think. Then nothing.

I told my Mrs that I fell asleep and missed the match and she asked 'why didn't you record it?'. What a dumb arse I am, I got the bloody PVR for this very reason!

I've been checking YouTube for highlights.

Cheers (I'll check the True Sports channels for any sign)

Also could the hysteria at madrid be about stop,knocked out of the copa del rey by minnows Alcorcon?,still chasing a very good Barcelona team for the league and now under pressure big time with lyon in the champions league. the final is to be played at the bernabeu and they will not like it if they are not in it.

Maybe the Ronaldo stories are are not just fiction after all? :D If they end up trophy less this season,some heads will roll and the manager & some players will leave such is the history of the club.

A hel_l of alot of money was spent there this summer! :)

Hello james we just beat ac milan away and you reckon we was crap,hard to please our OOT support.

Did you watch the game Nev? We could have been down by 2 or 3 and giving one back at the end doesnt help.

Like I said, pleased with the result, but as usual we have to get kicked in the balls before we start playing football.

You want to have rose tinted goggles go ahead, but against a better side we would have been found wanting.

Glad to see Rooney venting at his teammates.

I think you are spot on.

We probably met one of the weakest teams left in the competition.

I think the passing % was a little over 70%.

This includes all the short support passes which found the correct player!

We were controlling the game at 1-3, and started to play the arrogant walk-in-the-park football, and let AC back into the game.

Nani back to his normal. I think he had 1 for 6, regarding passes which ended up in the nearby area he wanted the ball to end up. Rooney got more and more frustrated.

Then he tried what he is only second to the Italians with. Cheating.

Feel a little bit sorry for him. He tries and tries. He cant even cheat like C. Ronaldo.

;-)

For the record, I was happy to see Ronaldo leave, as too many of his goals left this bad taste.

Nice to see Valencia hit his first cross almost perfect. Had a decent game.

But the 2 in the middle of the defence!!!

Good Lord!

V. D. Sar was good.

Rooney was amazing, as always.

Im afraid we are a bit like Liverpool these days. Without Torres/Rooney the team struggle.

Just saw the Wolves have been fined 25000 GBP and some suspended sentence for sending out the b team against us.

Not bad, now if we can write a cheque to Moyes tomorrow to do the same this weekend... fantastic.

For the West Ham game on Tues, Gill will send them 25k just to field their regular team. :)

Just saw the Wolves have been fined 25000 GBP and some suspended sentence for sending out the b team against us.

Not bad, now if we can write a cheque to Moyes tomorrow to do the same this weekend... fantastic.

For the West Ham game on Tues, Gill will send them 25k just to field their regular team. :D

:)

Good point.

I guess this rule should also be used for sending out B-Teams in cup matches as well then.

Congrats to Everton. They deserved it.

We didn't seem up for it. Winning away in Milan might have had something to do with it.

Still, if we can go on a run now, and crucially beat Chelsea on the run in, i think the league is there for the taking. Chelsea themselves showed last night that they remain vunerable and more than likely will be beat before the season is done.

Onwards chaps...

How does the old song from "Swing Time" go ?

"So Take a Deep Breath, Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourself Off, Start All Over Again"...

I must admit to still being a bit shell-shocked this morning, but credit where credit's due. Well played Everton.

Well done everton.

A Lack luster display.

we have to sort the defence out soon,get rio and vidic back.

Rooney out of sorts,i thought this was a good chance to rest him and start with one up front berbatov and a 5 man midfield.

We are not out of the title yet but anymore bad results like thiswe will be.

A good rsponse on tuesday night against the hammers to get us back on track.

Rooney out of sorts,i thought this was a good chance to rest him and start with one up front berbatov and a 5 man midfield.

I'm guessing that the manager had in mind to rest him for the Tuesday game, so he'll be fresh for the Cup Final. Don't think he would have wanted to rest him for two league games, though obviously now in hindsight that may have not been a bad decision.

Always hard to drop Rooney, no more so than when he is on fire, as he has been most of the season.

Good win rooney valencia andberbatov linked well for the two goals and good to see owen get one too.

Vidic made us look solid at the back and wes had a good game beside him rather than with evans.

Looking forward to the carling cup final now.

Valencia man of the match for me. He looked dangerous every time.

Even when closely cornered by a couple of opposition players, always seems to come out with the ball stuck on his feet. Great strength and power. Pin-point passes to boot...

Good result too.

Next stop Wembley lads... :)

P.S. Anyone going?

Edited by rixalex