Manchester United

redrus

Any one who has access to a UK post code please help MUST & corporate greed in football by signing this Number 10 petition

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/football4fans/

Also you may want to add your loyalty & help to MUST so why not join here. http://www.joinmust.org/refer

THE GLAZERS - WHAT YOU CAN DO

The MUST strategy is based on three strands which might be summarised as

Supporters, Political, Financial.

We'll go into more detail in due course but suffice to say growing the

network of Manchester United supporters is the most important single thing

any of us can do right now. See RECRUIT below. Building a huge

international network of Manchester United supporters is crucial not just

in order to whield a big enough stick to persuade the Glazers to go but

also to form a significant group to participate in any future ownership

structure.

The financial component is really encouraging. We have been approached by a

number of super rich/influential United supporters interested in exploring

the options for a change of ownership. The individuals are high profile and

totally credible. If/when they choose to go public is a matter for them but

we will be appealing for all those potentially interested in participating

in future ownership of Manchester United to join us or make contact now.

If we're going to win this battle and prevent them from doing any more

damage to our club it is going to require the whole of the Manchester

United family to come together from your ordinary supporter to the wealthy

"Red Knights". We understand the mood has already changed within Old

Trafford as everyone realises they have to go sooner rather than later.

ACTIONS:

[a] Ask every United supporter you know to join MUST as a free e-member and

chase them up to make sure they do:

http://www.joinmust.org/refer

MUST has grown rapidly in the last week - now more than 41,000 members. We

can double that if we all make the effort.

Sign the Number 10 petition. We understand this was created by a MUST

(e)member. Well done to Andrew Henderson for getting off his backside to

take action:

Wording starts: "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to believe

the Government should urgently take action on behalf of all football

supporters to prevent Manchester United Football Club (and other English

football clubs) being destroyed by corporate greed ...."

Sign here:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/football4fans/

You hear how bad things are at Utd financially but i didn't realise they were this bad :

As reported on talksport today.

Ex players (Stepney, Whiteside etc) working at Old trafford on a match day are not given a ticket for the game and have to watch the game on tv in the players lounge, but they are given a packed lunch :) .

Well they just paid 12 million quid for Chris Smalling (after Arsenal pushed up, the price by conducting a bidding war )from Fullham ,Smalling cost 10,000 quid from Maisdstone as an 18 yr old 2 years ago, so its not all gloom and doom. There are lot of ex players at OT every week ,do they pay ,who knows ? media speculation ?? Dont forget United are a popular whipping boy at present. the media are in a feeding fenzy next week it will be someone else.

No need to go on the defensive about your club old chap, it was just a comment

made by Alan Brazil who i doubt very much would be telling porkies on live radio.

Edited by alfieconn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8488910.stm

Orville the Duck swoops in to United's rescue!

I tend to agree with the following quotes Rix,

"I would hope that there would be sufficient money in addition to that to show the Glazers they could take a profit for owning the business for five years and go and put the ownership into more caring hands."

&

"This is now serious, what you don't know is if the Glazers can be made to listen, but what you do know is that there is a serious intent on the part of those people, who have not just support in their hearts, but the ability to muster support from their pockets to get after this, and the time feels right."

Only time will tell.

But let's not get distracted, we've got to be up for giving Sol a good run around tomorrow and lots of moans and Gallic shrugs from Wenger.

BBC1 12.15 Football Focus, Takeover building, Fundraiser for Green & Gold Campaign Sunday‏

[1] GREEN & GOLD REVOLUTION GATHERS PACE

[2] WE NEED HELP - TIME OR MONEY

[3] GREEN & GOLD MUST FUNDRAISER - MANCHESTER THIS SUNDAY - ARSENAL CHUBB

CLUB - FREE G&G SCARF

[1] GREEN & GOLD REVOLUTION GATHERS PACE

Football Focus today - BBC1 12.15

Coverage of MUST, Green & Gold Campaign, Keith Harris on a possible buy

out. Tell your mates to watch and then get them to sign up as a free e-

member.

Sorry - we know some won't get this message in time but worth sending for

those that do.

The wheels of the Green & Gold Revolution are turning. MUST has had

meetings with Keith Harris and separately with members of at least two

other independent potential consortia. All involved are "Red to the core"

United fans. It will need everyone to come together into a single force.

In any takeover MUST's role will be to bring the mass of supporters

together with the "Red Knights" bringing the majority of the funds.

There is a long way to go before that point is reached and although MUST

has grown rapidly to 42,000 members we need to kick on now and get every

United supporter on board - especially the Season Ticket Holders.

Ask every United supporter you know to join MUST as a free e-member and

chase them up to make sure they do:

http://www.joinmust.org/refer

[2] WE NEED YOUR HELP - TIME OR MONEY

We've got a number of initiatives that are going to require significant

funding - web development, mailshots, PR stunts, GREEN & GOLD promotion.

These will be detailed in due course. If you'd like to help by donating to

MUST please do so via your account here:

https://www.joinmust.org/members/emsp.php

If you'd like to donate your time to the cause and especially if you have

some specific skills you think will help please get in touch with the MUST

office via the helpdesk.

http://www.joinmust.org/help

Thanks to all those who've so generously donated already.

[3] GREEN & GOLD MUST FUNDRAISER - MANCHESTER THIS SUNDAY - ARSENAL CHUBB

CLUB - FREE G&G SCARF

For those who can get into central Manchester on Sunday we'll be holding a

special GREEN & GOLD CAMPAIGN FUNDRAISING CHUBB CLUB.

TV cameras and other media will be invited to attend. Get onto your mates

now to get a group to come down for REDS ONLY unbeatable atmosphere.

Venue: UPSTAIRS at Walkabout - 13 Quay St, MANCHESTER M3 3HN - after

entering main bar turn left and go through doors to stairs.

Time: Upstairs bar opens 2.30pm

Tickets: £3 pay on door - and get a FREE GREEN & GOLD scarf. If you've

already one the idea is to give it to someone who hasn't got one - spread

the GREEN & GOLD anti-Glazer virus

Drinks: 25% off all drinks and food

Just seen a video of mascerano smacking beckford from leeds around the back of the head,and the F.A. said no further action will be taken,yet ferdinand does the same and gets a 4 match ban,double standards against united again,and just before the arsenal game with arsenal being the FA's love child.

anyone who has the know how to post the video of mascherano's slap plaese do as it was a lot worse than ferdinands and no action was taken,funny hey!

Team news tonight sees no Vidic again but was on the bench last match....what going on there ?

Nani gets the nod over Valencia again. Hasnt Valencia been the most consistent player all season apart from Rooney ?

Park always gets picked to play Arsenal so no surprise there

indeed dave.

That my friends is why we follow manchester united!

ROONEY and NANI brilliant today.

I mentioned on here about nani, give this lad a run in the team look what he can do!

I mentioned on here about nani, give this lad a run in the team look what he can do!

Nani's goal was absolutely amazing. And Rooney has to be the best all round player in the world. 90something minute and he is still legging it the full length of the field at full tilt, it's unbelievable how fit he is, but then still capable of stopping mid-run and playing a pinpoint 50 yard pass.

I have to say that i was impressed with Raphael, he's progressing into a really good fullback.

And Evans is an absolutely brilliant defender in my opinion, he's got a great combination of no nonsense defending, plus he's good on the ball, can play a long pass. He's almost has if he's the perfect combination of Vidic and Ferdinand...

Speaking on Vidic...what's going on there?

Nani's goal was absolutely amazing. And Rooney has to be the best all round player in the world. 90something minute and he is still legging it the full length of the field at full tilt, it's unbelievable how fit he is, but then still capable of stopping mid-run and playing a pinpoint 50 yard pass.

I have to say that i was impressed with Raphael, he's progressing into a really good fullback.

And Evans is an absolutely brilliant defender in my opinion, he's got a great combination of no nonsense defending, plus he's good on the ball, can play a long pass. He's almost has if he's the perfect combination of Vidic and Ferdinand...

Speaking on Vidic...what's going on there?

Don't get me wrong, I think Evans is ok, but good passer of the ball, having a laugh mate? :)

Don't get me wrong, I think Evans is ok, but good passer of the ball, having a laugh mate? :)

I think he has Rio's ability on the ball, including passing, yes. I think we'll see it more as he grows in confidence.

He has a 83% pass completion ratio:

http://footballstats.telegraph.co.uk/Playe...p;matchid=23079

Better than Rio and Brown.

And he'll often play a good long ball out to the wings; as he did in the match last night.

Don't get me wrong, I think Evans is ok, but good passer of the ball, having a laugh mate? :D

I think he has Rio's ability on the ball, including passing, yes. I think we'll see it more as he grows in confidence.

And he'll often play a good long ball out to the wings; as he did in the match last night.

I have to agree dave,evans is a excellent player,and his passing is very good indeed.

Thought we might of struggled against the best most exciting team ever to play the game :) but evans handled everthing thrown at him and started a fair few attack too.

True enough RE the long balls, but his short passes up the middle get picked off half the time.

True enough RE the long balls, but his short passes up the middle get picked off half the time.

He's the new Franz Beckenbauer

Don't get me wrong, I think Evans is ok, but good passer of the ball, having a laugh mate? :D

He's the new Franz Beckenbauer

:)

Anyways, overall I thought our back 4 played pretty well but much of the thanks has to go to the midfield that kept fabricass and co at bay most of the game.

Be the first to admit my heart sunk when i saw the team sheet.... Wes and Evans looked like they might be vunerable. Question marks over Parky. Still not convinced by Nani. And Rooney on his tod up front once again....

Well, happy to say my fears proved unfounded. The lads played a great game!

We were lucky to get through the first part of the game without conceding though - don't know what was going on with Ashavin, but on another day with those chances they would have been 2 or 3 up quite quickly.

Our goals were all great - very well taken. Last portion of the game looked a bit rocky but held on tight. Breathing down Chelsea's neck now.

Exciting times indeed.

Regards Nani - he has had three games back to back where he has showed something of what he is capable of. Why are we only just seeing this out of him? My guess is he's one of these players who relies very heavily on confidence, and when it's not there, his game falls apart somewhat. A player like that is great all the time things are going well, but when the chips are down, backs against the wall, can you 100% rely on them not to go missing?

I really hope Nani proves all us naysayers wrong - nothing would make me happier... but for the time being a remain a naysayer, and my feeling is the future lies with more Valencia. If we get some use out of Nani from now until the end of the season, and due to his decent form get a decent wedge of money in selling him, that would be great - more than i ever expected - anything more than this, would be a bonus.

Be the first to admit my heart sunk when i saw the team sheet.... Wes and Evans looked like they might be vunerable. Question marks over Parky. Still not convinced by Nani. And Rooney on his tod up front once again....

Well, happy to say my fears proved unfounded. The lads played a great game!

We were lucky to get through the first part of the game without conceding though - don't know what was going on with Ashavin, but on another day with those chances they would have been 2 or 3 up quite quickly.

Our goals were all great - very well taken. Last portion of the game looked a bit rocky but held on tight. Breathing down Chelsea's neck now.

Exciting times indeed.

Regards Nani - he has had three games back to back where he has showed something of what he is capable of. Why are we only just seeing this out of him? My guess is he's one of these players who relies very heavily on confidence, and when it's not there, his game falls apart somewhat. A player like that is great all the time things are going well, but when the chips are down, backs against the wall, can you 100% rely on them not to go missing?

I really hope Nani proves all us naysayers wrong - nothing would make me happier... but for the time being a remain a naysayer, and my feeling is the future lies with more Valencia. If we get some use out of Nani from now until the end of the season, and due to his decent form get a decent wedge of money in selling him, that would be great - more than i ever expected - anything more than this, would be a bonus.

Couple of things to keep in mind IMO, is that against teams like Arsenal and City to a lessor extent, our 4-5-1 formation works well to jam up the midfield and counter attack. Where is generally doesn't do well is against teams that play this formation against us - lots of possession and that's it.

For Nani, I think the boy is starting to realize that he will get more chances if he continues to pass the ball quickly instead of juggling it around in his feet while his brain decides what to do with it. Personally I would like to see him on the left (with his right foot) and Valencia on the right in a 4-4-2 with Berbs and soon to be World Player of the Year Wazza.

Couple of things to keep in mind IMO, is that against teams like Arsenal and City to a lessor extent, our 4-5-1 formation works well to jam up the midfield and counter attack. Where is generally doesn't do well is against teams that play this formation against us - lots of possession and that's it.

For Nani, I think the boy is starting to realize that he will get more chances if he continues to pass the ball quickly instead of juggling it around in his feet while his brain decides what to do with it. Personally I would like to see him on the left (with his right foot) and Valencia on the right in a 4-4-2 with Berbs and soon to be World Player of the Year Wazza.

Good points James.

If Valencia and Nani can fit in the same team that would be great. Whilst it's been good to see Nani finally delivering, it's sad that it's been at the expense of Valencia, who was, up until Nani's run in the team, really starting to establish himself, grow with confidence and threaten to score more often.

Up front Berba and Roon combining promises a lot, and i hope we get to see that patnership more often, although i can also say the same of Owen and Roon, and in time, Macheda and Roon, and Mame and Roon. All combinations excite - that's the wonderful thing when you have a player like Wazza up front.

Good points James.

If Valencia and Nani can fit in the same team that would be great. Whilst it's been good to see Nani finally delivering, it's sad that it's been at the expense of Valencia, who was, up until Nani's run in the team, really starting to establish himself, grow with confidence and threaten to score more often.

Up front Berba and Roon combining promises a lot, and i hope we get to see that patnership more often, although i can also say the same of Owen and Roon, and in time, Macheda and Roon, and Mame and Roon. All combinations excite - that's the wonderful thing when you have a player like Wazza up front.

Well it was discussed a while back Valencia right Nani ledt but Nani sems more comfortable on the right. If you wentt to a bookie and had a bet on Nani having a game like that you would have got 1000 to 1.Is this the same United that couldnt put the likes of Burnley ,Leeds and others away a few weeks back.On last nights form how could they possibly have lost 5 games in the EPL ? Wenger looked shattered .His midfield Nasri , Fabregas, Rossicky etc were overpowered and the score flattered them even they had 52% possesion. Carrick brilliant and Raphael has nailed that RB position for good in the big games .Can Arsenal pick themselves up for Chelsea next week ,lets hope so.

Didnt seem like an Arsenal/United game only 1 solitary yellow card. Last point isnt Almunia possibly the worst goal keeper in the EPL never seen a keeper flap at a ball like he does. Even long range shots seem to unerve him.

Vidic's abscence was expalined that he suffered a problem in pre match training ,again. Am I paranoic or is something going on there. Arsenals centre back pairing have played very game ,ferdinand and Vidic how many ???? to few to mention.

Vidic's abscence was expalined that he suffered a problem in pre match training ,again. Am I paranoic or is something going on there. Arsenals centre back pairing have played very game ,ferdinand and Vidic how many ???? to few to mention.

Every game, did Campbell and Sylvestre not start the previous game for Arsenal?

Ferdinand was suspended for rabbit punching Fagan in the Hull match - Vidic well who knows - Barca bound in the summer. Maybe we can sell him to City for 716 million and clear up our debt.

Every game, did Campbell and Sylvestre not start the previous game for Arsenal?

Ferdinand was suspended for rabbit punching Fagan in the Hull match - Vidic well who knows - Barca bound in the summer. Maybe we can sell him to City for 716 million and clear up our debt.

Well just parrotting what the commentator said last night. EPL starts I think he is talking about

Financier reveals moves for Manchester United

Reuters - January 2010

LONDON - Football finance expert Keith Harris said on Saturday he had been approached by wealthy and disgruntled Manchester United fans to try to broker a takeover of the club.

He said Manchester United's Supporters Trust had held meetings with influential supporters who were interested in investigating a change of ownership and ending the huge debt strategy employed by the current American owners, the Glazer family.

Harris, the head of merchant bank Seymour Pierce, is a lifelong United fan and has been involved in four Premier League club takeovers.

He has been a staunch critic of United's debt which last week was revealed to be 716 million pounds.

Harris told the BBC's Football Focus programme on Saturday: "You sense that the momentum is gathering and this time these fans truly mean it. I think they are saying that enough is enough, there is too much gearing on this football club and it is unhealthy.

"We have been approached. We can lend our weight to doing something for the good of United and for the good of football - none of the takeovers that I have been involved in have involved any debt.

"They've been takeovers by people who've wanted to be involved for reasons other than money."

Harris would only identify those involved as 'The Red Knights', adding: "A number of people have been to see me and I've had long chats with them. There are one or two people in senior positions in the financial services that have access to capital.

"We don't know if the Glazers can be made to listen, but there is serious intent on the part of people who have support in their hearts. The time feels right."

Earlier this month United's owners issued 500 million pounds' worth of bonds in a re-financing effort.

He added: "(The Glazers) are playing with an icon of football, one of the most respected brands in the world, and it is in danger," he said.

"Seventy-five pence of every pound fans are spending is now going to the Glazers either for themselves or to pay debts."

United issued a statement denying there were problems, saying: the club was the "most profitable football club in the world."

redrus

Watched the Fullam game last weekend mainly to see how Chris Smalling, the new player for United shaped up. He played centre back, didnt do anything particularly brilliant, but was steady. He is ceratinly a big lump of a boy 6ft 4'' tall and I guess still growing. Good he is playing out the seasson with Fullham far better than sitting on the bench or playing reserves for United. Come next July we will know more about him I guess.

Ferdinand has today appealed against the extra week supension he was given. Unless he has new evidence he will get yet another week and miss the Carling Cup final which I believe he doesnt deserve to play in anyway. I guess he can keep appealing each week and see out the seaon , what madness is this ?

Ferdinand has today appealed against the extra week supension he was given. Unless he has new evidence he will get yet another week and miss the Carling Cup final which I believe he doesnt deserve to play in anyway. I guess he can keep appealing each week and see out the seaon , what madness is this ?

You're quite right Sparky - it is extraordinary.

Has anyone heard from either the man himself or the club as to why they are taking this bizarre action? It just makes no sense. :)