Manchester United

redrus

Ferdinand has today appealed against the extra week supension he was given. Unless he has new evidence he will get yet another week and miss the Carling Cup final which I believe he doesnt deserve to play in anyway. I guess he can keep appealing each week and see out the seaon , what madness is this ?

You're quite right Sparky - it is extraordinary.

Has anyone heard from either the man himself or the club as to why they are taking this bizarre action? It just makes no sense. :)

I watched Man U TV today and there was no mention during an interview with Ferguson. The staff at Man U TV are versed in not asking questions Fergie doesnt want to answer. I still stick with my prediction that neither he or Vidic will be with the club next year which may come as a surprise but they havnt been there this years either have they ? Last weekend Brown was apparently quite ill especially at half time but carried on Evans is improving with every game. Smalling has been signed for next summer Craig Cathcart,centreback, promising Irish boy, is out on loan. So they may get away with buying just one big name cente back.

On loan Danny Wellbeck scored again, 2 in 2 and, the young on loan midfielder Tom Cleverley is according to a mate of mine playing top football with Watford

I still stick with my prediction that neither he or Vidic will be with the club next year which may come as a surprise but they havnt been there this years either have they ?

I think Vidic is on the way out for sure. He's in demand and we'll get a decent price for him. Ferdinand i'm not so sure about. He's played so little of late i just can't see him getting the big money move that both he and the club would require. I wish it was the other way round - losing Vidic will be a blow. Ferdinand gets distracted too easily - both on and off the pitch.

I still stick with my prediction that neither he or Vidic will be with the club next year which may come as a surprise but they havnt been there this years either have they ?

I think Vidic is on the way out for sure. He's in demand and we'll get a decent price for him. Ferdinand i'm not so sure about. He's played so little of late i just can't see him getting the big money move that both he and the club would require. I wish it was the other way round - losing Vidic will be a blow. Ferdinand gets distracted too easily - both on and off the pitch.

Well here is a scenario. Spurs seem to have lost the injury prone Woodgate and Ledly King is a week to week proposition. 'Arry wants an experienced central defender. Ferdinand would love to be in London ,where all the action is,now his show business career is blooming. Seems like a mariage made in heaven ! If Spurs can afford Ida Gudjonsen who must be on a walking farme by now they can afford Ferdinand and if he stays much longer at United his contract will run down to zip, just a thought.

Well here is a scenario. Spurs seem to have lost the injury prone Woodgate and Ledly King is a week to week proposition. 'Arry wants an experienced central defender. Ferdinand would love to be in London ,where all the action is,now his show business career is blooming. Seems like a mariage made in heaven ! If Spurs can afford Ida Gudjonsen who must be on a walking farme by now they can afford Ferdinand and if he stays much longer at United his contract will run down to zip, just a thought.

Yeah i agree with all that Sparky, but i can't see Spurs paying much more than 15m for him - 20 tops. Not sure if that would be good business. I mean, before his recent run of injury, i think he would have fetched something closer to the price we bought him for.

i take it you meant ''walking frame'' but i still don't understand :) as he is younger than Scholes and Giggs who i presume are not on walking frame's.

i take it you meant ''walking frame'' but i still don't understand :) as he is younger than Scholes and Giggs who i presume are not on walking frame's.

Funny how winning makes you look younger.

Actually they are but they leave them in the dressing room. No it was tongue in cheek. Gudjohnson has seen so little football in the last few years that coming back to the pace of the Premier League maybe quite a shock.I hope he does well but I cant understand Spurs player policy ,why not build for the future? Gudjohnsen is not the future and is he any better than Jamie O'Hara who just extended with Portsmouth on loan ?

Actually they are but they leave them in the dressing room. No it was tongue in cheek. Gudjohnson has seen so little football in the last few years that coming back to the pace of the Premier League maybe quite a shock.I hope he does well but I cant understand Spurs player policy ,why not build for the future? Gudjohnsen is not the future and is he any better than Jamie O'Hara who just extended with Portsmouth on loan ?

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps they see him doing a job like Henrik did for us. Stop-gap measure. Someone who has been there and done it. I can see the thinking. Whether it works out or not is a different matter.

Yeah i agree with all that Sparky, but i can't see Spurs paying much more than 15m for him - 20 tops. Not sure if that would be good business. I mean, before his recent run of injury, i think he would have fetched something closer to the price we bought him for.

Well there are precedents. Saha went to Everton on a "free' didnt he ?or a very low price. Ruud bargain basement price. seems when Ferguson make sure his mind about some one going he wants them out the door quickly not saying that the same situtation with Ferdinand but the clock appears to be ticking.

Interesting to see Nevilles punishment for making gesture to Tevez, didnt even travel to the Arsenal game let alone be in the squad. All done very quietly and kept in house as it should be. As club captain he should have known better and now he does.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps they see him doing a job like Henrik did for us. Stop-gap measure. Someone who has been there and done it. I can see the thinking. Whether it works out or not is a different matter.

You may well be right ,the experience factor,cant think of anything else. Ah Henrik Larsssen Fergies great regret he didnt get him when he went to Celtic ,magnificent player and not a primma donna.

Well there are precedents. Saha went to Everton on a "free' didnt he ?or a very low price. Ruud bargain basement price. seems when Ferguson make sure his mind about some one going he wants them out the door quickly not saying that the same situtation with Ferdinand but the clock appears to be ticking.

That's true. I'd throw Beckham's name in there too. Always thought that when he left it would be some sort of record-breaking deal - didn't really turn out that way. Keane's another one - ok he was at the end of his career, but even so... Stam's yet another... As you say, when the manager's mind is made up, it is made up.

Why come on here talking complete rubbish,

1.Spurs got Gudjohnsen on a free transfer and Monaco are paying part of his wages so that doesn't compare with how much ferdinand would cost.

2.You need to look at utd's player policy before talking about anyone else's player policy e.g berbatov at 23m, how much is he worth now?

3.Do you know how many games Gudjohnsen has featured in, in the last 1 1/2 seasons, probaly not alot different to how many Scholes has played

4.How can you compare Jamie O'Hara and Gudjohnsen, O'Hara is a defensive midfielder who sometimes play on the left and is 23 years of age and Gudjohnsen is a centre forward who sometimes plays attacking midfield and is 31 years of age.

Best you stick to talking about man u because you don't know much about any other clubs.

Edited by alfieconn

1.Spurs got Gudjohnsen on a free transfer and Monaco are paying part of his wages so that doesn't compare with how much ferdinand would cost.

2.You need to look at utd's player policy before talking about anyone else's player policy e.g berbatov at 23m, how much is he worth now?

3.Do you know how many games Gudjohnsen has featured in, in the last 1 1/2 seasons, probaly not alot different to how many Scholes has played

4.How can you compare Jamie O'Hara and Gudjohnsen, O'Hara is a defensive midfielder who sometimes play on the left and is 23 years of age and Gudjohnsen is a centre forward who sometimes plays attacking midfield and is 31 years of age.

Best you stick to talking about man u because you don't know much about any other clubs.

You Spurs fans don't half take things seriously. :)

You Spurs fans don't half take things seriously. :D

It's a serious business being a Spurs fan believe me :) But getting EG under the terms we did was very sweet business. He's proven in the premiership and gives us good cover aswell.

One quick question...did'nt you lot pay over 30m for Berbatov?

Edited by carmine

You Spurs fans don't half take things seriously. :D

It's a serious business being a Spurs fan believe me :) But getting EG under the terms we did was very sweet business. He's proven in the premiership and gives us good cover aswell.

One quick question...did'nt you lot pay over 30m for Berbatov?

No no, you are confusing us with the blue team that spent good money on that guy who now plays somewhere in Brazil I believe. :D

I was comparing their ability and potential not positions. And you are comparing Gudjohnsen to Scholes ,what that all about ? Im quite aware of their ages and playing positions. Arry loves a bargain I hope he's got one. But many Spurs supporters ,unlike yourself appartently, would like to see some stabilty in the squad not players coming and going.

Anderson after failing to get a loan deal is playing in the Reserves tonight along with Obertan,Foster and Diouf . United didnt have a reserve fixture for 5 weeks. Even allowing for the weather hardly an ideal situation for younger players.The FA need to take a serious look at this competition in its current format it doesnt work

I was comparing their ability and potential not positions. And you are comparing Gudjohnsen to Scholes ,what that all about ? Im quite aware of their ages and playing positions. Arry loves a bargain I hope he's got one. But many Spurs supporters ,unlike yourself appartently, would like to see some stabilty in the squad not players coming and going.

Why not go through one point at a time (1-4) so i know what you are talking about :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Why not go through one point at a time (1-4) so i know what you are talking about :) .

Well Alfie according to you I am talking complete rubbish and know nothing about Spurs so what the point. Thats an opinion which you are entitled to and I would remind you so am I. Most United suporters have a lot of affection for Spurs including myself as your team plays entertaing football and has provided a couple of cracking players to United over the years

Most United suporters have a lot of affection for Spurs including myself as your team plays entertaing football and has provided a couple of cracking players to United over the years

No problem with the team, it's the supporters i struggle with. :)

Most United suporters have a lot of affection for Spurs including myself as your team plays entertaing football and has provided a couple of cracking players to United over the years

No problem with the team, it's the supporters i struggle with. :D

Why is that? :)

No problem with the team, it's the supporters i struggle with. :D

Why is that? :)

Dunno mate. Maybe i've just been unlucky... wouldn't be a first. :D

Ferdinand has today appealed against the extra week supension he was given. Unless he has new evidence he will get yet another week and miss the Carling Cup final which I believe he doesnt deserve to play in anyway. I guess he can keep appealing each week and see out the seaon , what madness is this ?

You're quite right Sparky - it is extraordinary.

Has anyone heard from either the man himself or the club as to why they are taking this bizarre action? It just makes no sense. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8487290.stm

I'm afraid for me, on this one, the manager has got it all wrong.

If Mascherano got away with a similar offence then that's wrong and he should have been punished, but it doesn't exonerate Rio from what he did. Should have just taken the three match ban. If SAF wants to blame anyone it should be Rio, not the FA. Still can't believe he did such a twatish thing on his first game back.

Bit late i know but i thought you lot were bordering on fabulous last week at Le Arse, absolutely fantastic..

& The Rooney Man was unplayable, beyond awesome..

Nice of you to say that Singhy. As i said b4, i think it could have been a very different game had Arshavin played anything like we know he can, but luckily for us he had an off day, and we had a pretty good day - ok, that's an understatement - we had a great day!

P.S. Just me of have you been AWOL of late?

Bit late i know but i thought you lot were bordering on fabulous last week at Le Arse, absolutely fantastic..

& The Rooney Man was unplayable, beyond awesome..

Nice of you to say that Singhy. As i said b4, i think it could have been a very different game had Arshavin played anything like we know he can, but luckily for us he had an off day, and we had a pretty good day - ok, that's an understatement - we had a great day!

P.S. Just me of have you been AWOL of late?

Been up in Bangers most of the week & didn't take the Laptop on purpose...:)