Manchester United

redrus

Bit late i know but i thought you lot were bordering on fabulous last week at Le Arse, absolutely fantastic..

& The Rooney Man was unplayable, beyond awesome..

Nice of you to say that Singhy. As i said b4, i think it could have been a very different game had Arshavin played anything like we know he can, but luckily for us he had an off day, and we had a pretty good day - ok, that's an understatement - we had a great day!

P.S. Just me of have you been AWOL of late?

Been up in Bangers most of the week & didn't take the Laptop on purpose...:)

Well if still in Bangers Mr S why not drop into the Crossbar oN Sat night, I will buy you a beer for sure and maybe BKKJames will pop into !! Should be an interesting an enjoyable night .. \

ps ANY other posters here also welcome on Sat Night would be great to meet you all.

BT :D

Bit late i know but i thought you lot were bordering on fabulous last week at Le Arse, absolutely fantastic..

& The Rooney Man was unplayable, beyond awesome..

Nice of you to say that Singhy. As i said b4, i think it could have been a very different game had Arshavin played anything like we know he can, but luckily for us he had an off day, and we had a pretty good day - ok, that's an understatement - we had a great day!

P.S. Just me of have you been AWOL of late?

Been up in Bangers most of the week & didn't take the Laptop on purpose... :)

Well if still in Bangers Mr S why not drop into the Crossbar oN Sat night, I will buy you a beer for sure and maybe BKKJames will pop into !! Should be an interesting an enjoyable night .. \

ps ANY other posters here also welcome on Sat Night would be great to meet you all.

BT :D

Sorry BT back on Samui now..

But on my next trip up, i'll incorproate a Saturday night no probs ( so long as i can have my Hammers on one of the TV's which is one of the reasons i generally DON'T spend Saturday's in Bangers, in case i can't get them on a TV )..

MAN UTD NEWS

Evra: Fergie is like a child when Man Utd win

By Soccernet staff

February 5, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra insists that Sir Alex Ferguson still behaves ''like a child'' whenever his side notch up a victory.

GettyImages

Sir Alex Ferguson: Like a child.

Evra claims that the passion of the Scottish manager - even at the age of 68 - still burns brightly and that he won't retire easily.

"Sir Alex is a child. We saw it against Manchester City. He's so passionate,'' he told the Sun. "He was jumping up and down like a child after that game. You could be forgiven for thinking he'd never won a game before!

"At 70, he doesn't see himself taking it easy at home reading a book or watching TV. Personally I think that would bore him. I don't think he will call an end to his career. As long as he's strong he will carry on. He will stay until his last breath."

Indeed, Evra says that Fergie is showing no signs of mellowing, having lost none of his infamous temper.

"I do what I have to on the pitch,'' he said. ''I'm not like Ferguson's son. But as soon as I'm not good, Ferguson will give me the 'hairdryer'. That he gave me the captain's armband is enormous. I am truly very proud to wear it. I didn't want to let him down."

Calling Fergie child wont make him too happy. :):D

MUST UPDATE! ANYONE IN UK INTERESTED ATTENDING JOIN MUST NOW.

[1] MUST & IMUSA CALL PUBLIC MEETING

Please post this message on forums etc and pass to anyone likely to be

interested in attending. A full report will be provided for those unable to

attend the meeting.

MUST & IMUSA CALL PUBLIC MEETING

MUST and IMUSA will be holding a public meeting in Manchester to discuss

our progress to date and ongoing strategy regarding the future ownership of

Manchester United.

Date, venue and further details will be confirmed shortly.

www.joinMUST.org, www.IMUSA.org

Please ask every United supporter you know to join MUST as a free e-member

and chase them up to make sure they do:

http://www.joinmust.org/refer

If you want to pass the join FREE web address to non-members please use

this one:

http://www.joinmust.org/free

Manchester United Fans Planning To Boycott Season Tickets

Supporters hoping to force sale of debt-ridden club...

By Adithya Ananth goal.com Feb 7, 2010 8:00:00 AM

Manchester United fans are set to organise a boycott of the season tickets in the summer in a bid to usher the Glazer family out of the club.

The Old Trafford outfit have debts the size of Mt Everest, and several supporters believe that burning a hole in the owner's pockets will force the Glazers sell up after putting the club about £700 million in the red.

Andy Walsh, the general manager of FC United - launched as a response to the American owners taking over the Red Devils in 2005 - believes that the campaign is slowly reaching fruition.

"I said when the Glazers took over at United I wouldn’t give the club another penny – and I haven’t," said Walsh, who has not visited Old Trafford since the takeover, is quoted by The Mirror as saying.

"I was not prepared to line the pockets of people who planned to do nothing more than pillage the club I love.

"I wasn’t the only one. Some of us helped to establish and support FC United, others just went to the pub to watch United matches and the money they used to spend on tickets was spent on buying a few pints instead.

"Fans who had been unable to buy tickets in the past took our places, but even that pool of support is drying up.

"One thing missing from the Glazers’ prospectus when they were looking to raise a £500m bond was that United now have 58,000 season-ticket holders. Last season it was 65,000.

"It’s been widely reported hospitality bookings are down, you can see empty seats inside Old Trafford – and that hits the Glazers.

"If people don’t renew this summer the owners’ business plan will really struggle.

"The match-going supporters have to take advantage by hitting them in the pocket – and I know some fans are talking about that as the next stage of the campaign."

The Manchester United Supporters Trust distributed 70,000 cards to those who were in attendance for the game against Portsmouth on Saturday, which marked the 52nd anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

A spokesman for the fan group said: "This day in our history is a permanent reminder that Manchester United Football Club is far more than a business.

"Manchester United is a family with a history and a tradition like no other in the world. The damage they [the Glazers] are doing must be stopped."

redrus

Hi all,

I'm 43 and a man utd supporter since on the tit.

I have seen the ups and downs and the big downfall.

I have been all around the world.............(can't find my baby)SOTPA.

Back tomorrow

PS I'm back again (Just been to the toilet"there goes another blue one")

What i really want to say is, leave the politics to the people who don't know what they are doing.

And lets just enjoy are great football.

Khirimat 4 :):D:D:D

Hi all,

I'm 43 and a man utd supporter since on the tit.

I have seen the ups and downs and the big downfall.

I have been all around the world.............(can't find my baby)SOTPA.

Back tomorrow

PS I'm back again (Just been to the toilet"there goes another blue one")

What i really want to say is, leave the politics to the people who don't know what they are doing.

And lets just enjoy are great football.

Khirimat 4 :D:D:D:D

hi kelboy.

So what you are saying is that it's alright for the Glazers to come in when we was debt free, run the club into debt of 716 mill and a intrest bill each year of 70 mill and it's all alright as long as we play great football :)

I would gladly go down a division win nowt for a couple of years to have my club back and run by genuine fans and debt free :D

Leave the politics to the people who know what they are doing :D what leading the club down the path of ruin so they can assett strip us and make a profit. :D

Hi nev,

You are totaly right, but you and me do not have enough money to buy the Yanks out.

We tried to stop them but money allways wins.

I'm just a poor utd supporter,let hope they win something. (they will)

We had problems before and we got around them.

Khirimat 4 :):D:D:D

Big showing of green & gold in the crowd shots last night.

..but no mention in the press that I read this morning. ?

Journalists the country over have their hands full with matters of a more sordid nature to be worrying about some green and gold scarfs mate. Sad but true.

Big showing of green & gold in the crowd shots last night.

..but no mention in the press that I read this morning. ?

Journalists the country over have their hands full with matters of a more sordid nature to be worrying about some green and gold scarfs mate. Sad but true.

Someone must have mentioned it to The Independent :-

"Fans vow to step up protests against Glazers after club employee loses his job in row over match-day banner"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ng-1894368.html

villa look a bit tasty with the bookies for tonights game.

over 2 and a half to 1 for the win, and nearly 3 to 1 for the draw.

utd odds on, away to a well organised martin o neil side, not sure about that!

Edited by tigerfish

Manchester United don't miss Cristiano Ronaldo, but one reason why they might

Winger's absence hasn't been felt in goal tally, but his shadow still looms

Manchester United have proved there is life after Cristiano Ronaldo by firing home almost a third as many Premier League goals at this stage of the season as they did in the corresponding time last term.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s charges are 17 strikes ahead of their total at the 25-match mark last term. The goal drought forecasted upon the Portuguese’s £80 million move to Real Madrid has instead turned out to be a flood.

United currently have scored 61 times, conceded 20 and boast a goal difference of plus 41. At this point in the Premier League title-winning campaign 12 months ago just 44 goals had been scored, with a miserly 10 let in, producing a goal difference of plus-34.

Portsmouth were the latest side put to the sword by the free-scoring Red Devils. Although the weekend’s 5-0 victory owed much to three own goals, the south coast outfit had no answer to the host’s rampant attack.

Wayne Rooney has snatched Ronaldo’s baton with aplomb. United’s new talisman headed home the first against Pompey and now sits on an impressive 21 league goals.

Life was not meant to be this pleasant at Old Trafford any more. Ronaldo’s ascent to World Player of the Year had driven United to three successive league titles and placed his team-mates firmly in his shadow.

He was the type of unstoppable force not seen at the Theatre of Dreams since George Best’s heyday 40 years ago. Free kicks, penalty kicks, long-distance firecrackers, tap-ins and crushing counter attacks were all part of a repertoire that was not expected to be replicated in volume by perennial understudy Rooney.

Instead, the Scouser has claimed the spotlight for himself. Whether the lone-man up top dismantling the threat of rivals Arsenal a week ago or in a criminally under-rated partnership with Dimitar Berbatov, he has delivered the goods to keep pace with table-toppers Chelsea.

While the goals have been flying in, not everything has improved. United have lost five games compared to two a year ago, which has left them three points and one position worse off.

Amidst the euphoria of Rooney’s transformation into a consistently world-class performer, a crack has emerged in United’s armoury.

While Ronaldo previously stole the headlines, he was still capably flanked by Rooney and Carlos Tevez. If he had a rare off-day, the pair could fill in and ensure the victory.

Compared to the disappointment of Michael Owen’s contribution and the slow-burn approach favoured by Berbatov, the support cast is not up to the same high standard. When Rooney has underwhelmed, such as in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, Ferguson has been left wanting in his search for a player to step up.

A devastating injury crisis at the heart of the Scot’s centre-back ranks has also hampered United’s bid to claim a record-breaking fourth consecutive league title. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have only played together four times on domestic duty, with Wes Brown and Jonny Evans spending long spells on the sidelines.

But Manchester United have cancelled out their defensive frailties with free-scoring football. Whether a Ronaldo-less Manchester United could cope without Rooney if injury was to strike, however, is debatable.

Manchester United fans are set to organise a boycott of the season tickets in the summer in a bid to usher the Glazer family out of the club.

The Old Trafford outfit have debts the size of Mt Everest, and several supporters believe that burning a hole in the owner's pockets will force the Glazers sell up after putting the club about £700 million in the red.

Andy Walsh, the general manager of FC United - launched as a response to the American owners taking over the Red Devils in 2005 - believes that the campaign is slowly reaching fruition.

"I said when the Glazers took over at United I wouldn't give the club another penny – and I haven't," said Walsh, who has not visited Old Trafford since the takeover, is quoted by The Mirror as saying.

"I was not prepared to line the pockets of people who planned to do nothing more than pillage the club I love.

"I wasn't the only one. Some of us helped to establish and support FC United, others just went to the pub to watch United matches and the money they used to spend on tickets was spent on buying a few pints instead.

"Fans who had been unable to buy tickets in the past took our places, but even that pool of support is drying up.

"One thing missing from the Glazers' prospectus when they were looking to raise a £500m bond was that United now have 58,000 season-ticket holders. Last season it was 65,000.

"It's been widely reported hospitality bookings are down, you can see empty seats inside Old Trafford – and that hits the Glazers.

"If people don't renew this summer the owners' business plan will really struggle.

"The match-going supporters have to take advantage by hitting them in the pocket – and I know some fans are talking about that as the next stage of the campaign."

The Manchester United Supporters Trust distributed 70,000 cards to those who were in attendance for the game against Portsmouth on Saturday, which marked the 52nd anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

A spokesman for the fan group said: "This day in our history is a permanent reminder that Manchester United Football Club is far more than a business.

"Manchester United is a family with a history and a tradition like no other in the world. The damage they [the Glazers] are doing must be stopped."

redrus

Not that i give a monkeys, but are not the previous owners / shareholders at fault for selling the club to the Glazer's in the first place :) .

I think you will find the big players in the shareholding of the club dictated things,not the real match day diehard reds.Also they got to the certain percentage were as they had full power on shareholders,not sure or can recall what the figure was.

This is why shareholders United was formed as to gather all small shares, that many had no say in or on the future of the club.

I would not give a monkeys if i was a spurs fan either :)

Ryan Giggs sidelined for four weeks with fractured arm

Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs is expected to be sidelined for four weeks after fracturing his right arm in the 1-1 draw at Aston Villa on Wednesday. The Welshman collided with Steve Sidwell during the second half and left Villa Park with his arm in a sling.

Giggs, 36, will miss the first leg of the Champions League last-16 clash with AC Milan, plus the Carling Cup final with Villa at Wembley on 28 February.

He will miss the Premier League matches against Everton, Wolves and West Ham.

However United's manager Sir Alex Ferguson said he hoped to have the winger back in action for the Champions League home leg against Milan on 10 March.

o.gif

Ferguson also said that the midfielder will have a plate inserted into his arm but he will still be able to train.

Giggs has been one of United's most consistent performers this season and his absence will be a loss for Ferguson and his men as they chase a Carling Cup, Champions League and Premier League treble.

His injury comes at a particularly bad time for United as winger Nani must serve a three-match ban, which will incorporate the Carling Cup final, following his dismissal at Villa Park.

Giggs, the most decorated player in English football with 11 Premier League winners' medals, does not feature for United in every game, but he has made 22 appearances for United so far this season, scoring four goals.

The veteran midfielder has gained recognition for his fine form and longevity by winning a number of accolades in the past 12 months, including the 2009 BBC Sports Personality of the Year and the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award back in April.

Giggs's injury cast a cloud over what was an otherwise satisfactory evening for United at Villa Park as they moved to within a point of Premier League leaders Chelsea, who suffered a 2-1 defeat at Everton.

It was, in the end, a well-earned draw, especially considering United were reduced to 10-men after Nani was shown a straight red card for a 28th-minute lunge on Stiliyan Petrov.

Although Ferguson will lament the loss of Giggs, he will have defender Rio Ferdinand back for next week's Champions League tie at the San Siro while centre-back Nemanja Vidic was nearing full fitness following a nerve problem.

United have almost an entire week to prepare for the trip to Italy following their surprise FA Cup third-round defeat by Leeds last month.

"In terms of preparing for a European tie we are pleased to have a free weekend," said Ferguson.

"AC Milan are playing on Friday night. That is the kind of help European teams get from their countries. We don't get that here.

"By fortune we don't have a game on Saturday because we are out of the FA Cup and we are going to take full advantage of it."

BBC SPORT

"I said when the Glazers took over at United I wouldn't give the club another penny – and I haven't," said Walsh, who has not visited Old Trafford since the takeover, is quoted by The Mirror as saying.

"I wasn't the only one. Some of us helped to establish and support FC United, others just went to the pub to watch United matches and the money they used to spend on tickets was spent on buying a few pints instead.

"One thing missing from the Glazers' prospectus when they were looking to raise a £500m bond was that United now have 58,000 season-ticket holders. Last season it was 65,000.

"It's been widely reported hospitality bookings are down, you can see empty seats inside Old Trafford – and that hits the Glazers.

"If people don't renew this summer the owners' business plan will really struggle.

redrus

Not that i give a monkeys, but are not the previous owners / shareholders at fault for selling the club to the Glazer's in the first place :D .

The Coolmore Mafia sold their shares to the Glazers, Irish horse owners that couldn't have given a <deleted> about the club either. It was their major holding that enabled the poison dwarf to facilitate a compulsory share buyout order against the fans wishes.

But, you don't give a monkeys, so.................... :)

redrus

Most United suporters have a lot of affection for Spurs including myself as your team plays entertaing football and has provided a couple of cracking players to United over the years

No problem with the team, it's the supporters i struggle with. :)

Is Alfie still around ? been away for a week or so on a footballing exercise ,try writing the history of a club when you mind has to go back to 1954. I was 12.

In my absence I see :

* Harry is in court on tax evasion.

* Gudjohnsen,the expected saviour, according to reports of neutrals, looked overweight and off the pace.

* Wolves beat them for the second time this season and the only goal is scored by an ex Man U player.

* Spurs are now struggling for top 6 let alone top 4 and team selection is leaving some scratching their heads.Jenas playing ,Palacios on the bench ?

Meanwhile United marching on ,they couldnt make it 4 in a row could they ?

Most United suporters have a lot of affection for Spurs including myself as your team plays entertaing football and has provided a couple of cracking players to United over the years

No problem with the team, it's the supporters i struggle with. :D

Is Alfie still around ? been away for a week or so on a footballing exercise ,try writing the history of a club when you mind has to go back to 1954. I was 12.

In my absence I see :

* Harry is in court on tax evasion.

* Gudjohnsen,the expected saviour, according to reports of neutrals, looked overweight and off the pace.

* Wolves beat them for the second time this season and the only goal is scored by an ex Man U player.

* Spurs are now struggling for top 6 let alone top 4 and team selection is leaving some scratching their heads.Jenas playing ,Palacios on the bench ?

Meanwhile United marching on ,they couldnt make it 4 in a row could they ?

youv,e kinda got a point there mate, :D bout the only thing sure is twitchy saggy chops ending up on b-wing in parkhurst,, top 4 ? never mind you just watch tot##%^am next season, gaurantee top 4, 100% :):D

*** Is Alfie still around ? been away for a week or so on a footballing exercise ,try writing the history of a club when you mind has to go back to 1954. I was 12. ***

You have lost me here and not for the first time :)

*** Harry is in court on tax evasion ***.

Fact, but whats this got to do with man u ? plus its old news :D

*** Gudjohnsen,the expected saviour, according to reports of neutrals, looked overweight and off the pace ***

Who has said he is the expected saviour ? whats it got to do with man u ?

*** Wolves beat them for the second time this season and the only goal is scored by an ex Man U player ***.

Fact, but old news

*** Spurs are now struggling for top 6 let alone top 4 and team selection is leaving some scratching their heads.Jenas playing ,Palacios on the bench ? ***

Fact, but whats this got to do with man u ?

All in all, your post was a complete waste of time and can't see your point but i suppose as long as your happy thats all that matters, of course you can always explain what you are waffling on about and answer the questions but i don't suppose you will.

Edited by alfieconn

Hello james we just beat ac milan away and you reckon we was crap,hard to please our OOT support.

Did you watch the game Nev? We could have been down by 2 or 3 and giving one back at the end doesnt help.

Like I said, pleased with the result, but as usual we have to get kicked in the balls before we start playing football.

You want to have rose tinted goggles go ahead, but against a better side we would have been found wanting.

Glad to see Rooney venting at his teammates.

Hello james we just beat ac milan away and you reckon we was crap,hard to please our OOT support.

Did you watch the game Nev? We could have been down by 2 or 3 and giving one back at the end doesnt help.

Like I said, pleased with the result, but as usual we have to get kicked in the balls before we start playing football.

You want to have rose tinted goggles go ahead, but against a better side we would have been found wanting.

James what better teams that is 16 games away games in europe without defeat,you expect the home side to go for it which milan did we rode our luck then after that only one winner and we could have scored more.

That was our first win in milan after many years trying so give the team credit

James what better teams that is 16 games away games in europe without defeat,you expect the home side to go for it which milan did we rode our luck then after that only one winner and we could have scored more.

That was our first win in milan after many years trying so give the team credit

All good and fine Nev, history and all that. As for home side going for it perhaps but not usual in that most home sides set up to not concede away goals.

Anyways, if/when we get past them, we need to raise our game.

BTW, happy with the Madrid result last night. :)