Manchester United

redrus

We'll take him back on loan :)

Or maybe Rooney will go to Real. They have the dosh :D

Rooney is smarter than CR9-7, and he enjoys beating you lot too much. :D

I'd be interested just to see how many times Rooney has played against City. And how many he has been in the winning team.

You obviously have more time than me on your hands so why do you look it up mate - I am going for a beer. :D

We are a better team without him i reckon,we play more like a team now,rather than it being the ronaldo show and having to play players out of position to accomadate him.

That has got to be the biggest garbage I've heard from you nev and I'm quite surprised. I think with Ronaldo, United would have sewn up the league by now.

You have lost 6 games this year. Last year you lost 4 all season and 5 the previous 2 seasons.

Yes you are currently top even though you have played one more game but lets be honest. You have won quite a few games even though you have played pretty average, against Wolves last week is an example. You are not playing as good football, has you have been previously. IMO of course.

We are a better team without him i reckon,we play more like a team now,rather than it being the ronaldo show and having to play players out of position to accomadate him.

That has got to be the biggest garbage I've heard from you nev and I'm quite surprised. I think with Ronaldo, United would have sewn up the league by now.

You have lost 6 games this year. Last year you lost 4 all season and 5 the previous 2 seasons.

Yes you are currently top even though you have played one more game but lets be honest. You have won quite a few games even though you have played pretty average, against Wolves last week is an example. You are not playing as good football, has you have been previously. IMO of course.

A quick look at the stats will show that our weakeness this year has been at the back - not scoring goals. IMO :)

You obviously have more time than me on your hands

I'm on my weekend, that's why. We have thurs and fri off and back into work saturday. :D

so why do you look it up mate - I am going for a beer. :)

Real United fans would have had that fact rolling off their tongues :D

It's ok he was in fantasy land when he made that comment, hopefully he will be back on planet earth soon :)

You obviously have more time than me on your hands

I'm on my weekend, that's why. We have thurs and fri off and back into work saturday. :D

so why do you look it up mate - I am going for a beer. :)

Real United fans would have had that fact rolling off their tongues :D

The facts are this, 34 years. Any attempts to deny, refute or blushing admit cannot hide the fact that you just aren't that funny.

In the future, and as a father, think babysteps. CL qualification first, then league cup, fire 3 managers, semi final of fa cup, spend another 300 million on mercs, exit CL like madrid in first knockout stage for 6 years in a row, by then Saf will have retired or died, then and only then...will arsenals kids be old enough to win the prem. :D

A quick look at the stats will show that our weakeness this year has been at the back - not scoring goals. IMO :D
United need,in my opinion a goal scoring midfielder to back up Rooney and Co

Just so many different opinons :)

So are you saying that you havn't missed the 20 odd goals that Ronaldo might have scored for you and the extra points that they would have bought :D

Edited by alfieconn

A quick look at the stats will show that our weakeness this year has been at the back - not scoring goals. IMO :D
United need,in my opinion a goal scoring midfielder to back up Rooney and Co

Just so many different opinons :)

So are you saying that you havn't missed the 20 odd goals that Ronaldo might have scored for you and the extra points that they would have bought :D

No we haven't. Because only one of Rooney or Ronaldo will do the scoring....! In a team with both Ronaldo and Rooney, only one of them is going to do the scoring as the team is set up differently, as proved in previous seasons.

As already stated, United play more as a team now. Rooney has answered all doubters with 30 already, I understand that is 2 behind Ronaldo at the same stage of the season (MOTD).

redrus

Rooney has answered all doubters with 30 already,

Nobody is doubting Rooney, Red. And long may his form continue until the final whistle of the world cup final :) The question was about missing Ronaldo or not. And I'm sorry but anyone who says that they don't miss someone as talented as (that step over twit) :D is talking out of their extra wide Y fronts. :D

I've always found B.J. to be well informed without being opinionated and funny without being sarcastic.

Thank ye very much Kenneth :D:)

And like my old grandad, he just seems to have a bad taste in shirt colors.

Nah. Your grandad failed in brain washing you ken. You must be strong willed :D

I stand by what i have said flame me all you like :)

If as james stated we did not have our whole defence out for a few games we may be further ahead,and last season our defence won us the league was it 14 or 15 games without concedeing a goal.

Ronaldo was great for us no deying that,but we play better as a team now, i will try and look up the facts,but from top of my head.

this season w 20 d 3 l 6 63pts

last w 20 d 5 l 4 65pts

I Stand corrected.

and i think we have scored 20 od goals more.

If not for having our whole defence out we could have quiet easily matched this time last season.

No we haven't. Because only one of Rooney or Ronaldo will do the scoring....! In a team with both Ronaldo and Rooney, only one of them is going to do the scoring as the team is set up differently, as proved in previous seasons.

As already stated, United play more as a team now. Rooney has answered all doubters with 30 already, I understand that is 2 behind Ronaldo at the same stage of the season (MOTD).

Another complete load of rubbish, figs for goals scored in the previous 3 years ( league games):

2006/2007 Ronaldo 17 Rooney 14

2007/2008 Ronaldo 31 Rooney 12

2008/2009 Ronaldo 18 Rooney 12

Certainly looks like only one was doing the scoring in the last 3 years :) .

One of the reasons that Rooney has scored more goals this season is that he is playing up front rather on the left side which has nothing to do with Ronaldo not being there, to be fair i hardly ever watch utd but it doesn't take a lot of working out :D

Edited by alfieconn

If as james stated we did not have our whole defence out for a few games we may be further ahead,and last season our defence won us the league was it 14 or 15 games without concedeing a goal.

Ronaldo was great for us no deying that,but we play better as a team now, i will try and look up the facts,but from top of my head.

last w 20 d 5 l 4 65pts

I Stand corrected.

If not for having our whole defence out we could have quiet easily matched this time last season.

Thats not what you were saying in December :D , you mob seem to live in a different world :D

Out played by fulham who fully deservered there win, i know we have our whole defence out ,but our midfield was over ran,and we hardly had a decent chance all daY

Hope this defeat makes fergie realize we need to strength next month and sell some of the dross we have in the team.

Hope we can get our act together for hull as i can see another bad result comming up.

Edited by alfieconn

Wouldnt get too carried away with the win over Milan, Man U have more then usual amount of average players though some of these are playing above their level, and several that are well past their prime.

<deleted>, some people read themselves too well. Alfie, your FACS say all they say about past seasons, well done sonshine, 1 Gold star. Big yourself up pal....! One player will score the majority of the goals, now, Rooney is doing that. If you wanna be the big man and tell me how bad we are without Ronny, then play on, I'm quite happy sonny.....!!!!!

Ronaldo has gone, we have dealt with it.... End of story.....!!!!!

redrus

Any team would miss Ronaldo,the fact is that United have coped with it very well,to the dismay of many......the who scores goals crap is totally hyperthetical.Ferguson deserves a lot of credit yet again for bringing on Valencia and Nani this season.

I would like him back as would most reds...but then again i would rather have Messi and Xavi now.

"I'd be interested just to see how many times Rooney has played against City. And how many he has been in the winning team. "

Rooney has played against city 9(2) times and scored 5 goals.

He has only been on the losing side once in the prem against city ...2006 3-1 eastlands

I time recently in the 1st leg tie at eastlands 2-1 city,

played 11 won 7 drawn 2 lost 2....2 of these he was a required sub.

Another complete load of rubbish, figs for goals scored in the previous 3 years ( league games):

2006/2007 Ronaldo 17 Rooney 14

2007/2008 Ronaldo 31 Rooney 12

2008/2009 Ronaldo 18 Rooney 12

Certainly looks like only one was doing the scoring in the last 3 years :) .

One of the reasons that Rooney has scored more goals this season is that he is playing up front rather on the left side which has nothing to do with Ronaldo not being there, to be fair i hardly ever watch utd but it doesn't take a lot of working out :D

Huh rooney was played out on the left wing to accomadate ronaldo and ronaldo took all the penalties and free kicks it is unfair to compare.

last w 20 d 5 l 4 65pts

I Stand corrected.

Thats not what you were saying in December :D , you mob seem to live in a different world :D

Out played by fulham who fully deservered there win, i know we have our whole defence out ,but our midfield was over ran,and we hardly had a decent chance all daY

Hope this defeat makes fergie realize we need to strength next month and sell some of the dross we have in the team.

Hope we can get our act together for hull as i can see another bad result comming up.

Mate that was our worse display of the season,we played our central midfield in defence,yes we still have some dross in the team gibson is <deleted> nani still fails to impress,and yes we still need to buy,a left winger, central midfielder,and maybe a striker to partner rooney.

So all credit to the team turning it all around after having a spell with our whole defence out.

Now we have vidic and ferdinand back vds in goals we are a more stable team.

Ferdinand and vidic have started around 3 league games all season unlike last season when they where the reason we won the league what was it 14 clean sheets.

I would have ronaldo back anyday,but he is past now and the facts state we have coped without him.

<deleted>, some people read themselves too well. Alfie, your FACS say all they say about past seasons, well done sonshine, 1 Gold star. Big yourself up pal....! One player will score the majority of the goals, now, Rooney is doing that. If you wanna be the big man and tell me how bad we are without Ronny, then play on, I'm quite happy sonny.....!!!!!

Ronaldo has gone, we have dealt with it.... End of story.....!!!!!

redrus

So you are saying that being as Rooney has scored a good few goals that Ronaldo wouldn't have chipped in with at least 15 needed goals this season ?

Where have i told you how bad you are without Ronaldo ? lets face it any team in the world would be a better team with Ronaldo in it, so the argument from you is that you are not worst off without him is crap.

You just keep believing that everything you say and think is correct because obviously that's what makes you happy :)

we still have some dross in the team gibson is <deleted>

I don't think Gibson is <deleted> myself. Despite not getting much playing time, the lad always comes on with a great attitude and hunger for the ball; and he never shies away from having a crack on goal. Knows how to kick a ball too. There's future in him, just give him a chance.

Where have i told you how bad you are without Ronaldo ? lets face it any team in the world would be a better team with Ronaldo in it, so the argument from you is that you are not worst off without him is crap.

I wanted him gone long before he finally went and am on record on this thread saying as much. Yes he's a great player but he also brings with him a lot of other baggage, both on and off the pitch. If his attitude was different it would be a different matter.

I'll settle for a bit less talent if it means ten times more die for the cause type spirit in a player.

I wanted him gone long before he finally went and am on record on this thread saying as much. Yes he's a great player but he also brings with him a lot of other baggage, both on and off the pitch. If his attitude was different it would be a different matter.

I'll settle for a bit less talent if it means ten times more die for the cause type spirit in a player.

Shame about Tevez...he was ideal.

Nah, i don't think he was a right fit for our team. For a start, his ego demanded he be played all the time, and when he wasn't he got huffy - and not in a good way.

Secondly, he required two or three clear chances before scoring.

Thridly, he performed a role very similar to Rooney, but not as well.

Fourthly, he was over-priced.

Pleased he went and not surprised he has done pretty well at City - it's the right sort of team for him.

Nah, i don't think he was a right fit for our team. For a start, his ego demanded he be played all the time, and when he wasn't he got huffy - and not in a good way.

Secondly, he required two or three clear chances before scoring.

Thridly, he performed a role very similar to Rooney, but not as well.

Fourthly, he was over-priced.

Pleased he went and not surprised he has done pretty well at City - it's the right sort of team for him.

Head scratching time for me there Rix...

How come he was the only Player in recent History then that the Fans Protested the Sale of him inside & outside of Old Trafford then, any ideas ??

Obviously it's your opinion only but every Man United Fan i talk to now seems to have the same opionion, which is a bit confusing considering the above..

we still have some dross in the team gibson is <deleted>

I don't think Gibson is <deleted> myself. Despite not getting much playing time, the lad always comes on with a great attitude and hunger for the ball; and he never shies away from having a crack on goal. Knows how to kick a ball too. There's future in him, just give him a chance.

Fickle fans, 2 years ago Fletcher was rubbish, get rid of him, they shouted. Scholes, he's too old they whined, Park , too small, cant mix it with the big names now Gibson is getting the same treatment from fan forums all over the place. We see the games we dont see what going on in training. After 24 years I think Ferguson knows who should stay and who should go or at least check the trophy cabinet.Gibson needs more game time and with a hopeless Reserve comp set up he has to bide his time and keep working hard which is what he does.