Manchester United

redrus

Nah, i don't think he was a right fit for our team. For a start, his ego demanded he be played all the time, and when he wasn't he got huffy - and not in a good way.

Sorry rixalex but i disagree with your satement there as do most reds.

His work rate was fantastic and therefore that alone would get him in most teams,skill wise with the ball at his feet he was as good as we have had! and he could score goals from nothing,any player who wants to play all the time is fine by me...i think he proved his credentials at United ....remember he went long periods on the bench and still performed when picked or brought on as sub,and always gave 110% this is not the sign of someone who gets huffy.

I do agree with you on Gibson though...slowly slowly turning into a very solid midfilder.

Edited by NADTATIDA1

we still have some dross in the team gibson is <deleted>

I don't think Gibson is <deleted> myself. Despite not getting much playing time, the lad always comes on with a great attitude and hunger for the ball; and he never shies away from having a crack on goal. Knows how to kick a ball too. There's future in him, just give him a chance.

Fickle fans, 2 years ago Fletcher was rubbish, get rid of him, they shouted. Scholes, he's too old they whined, Park , too small, cant mix it with the big names now Gibson is getting the same treatment from fan forums all over the place. We see the games we dont see what going on in training. After 24 years I think Ferguson knows who should stay and who should go or at least check the trophy cabinet.Gibson needs more game time and with a hopeless Reserve comp set up he has to bide his time and keep working hard which is what he does.

Here here.

(P.S. I must confess i wasn't 100% convinced by Fletcher early on, but happy that he proved me wrong.)

Head scratching time for me there Rix...

How come he was the only Player in recent History then that the Fans Protested the Sale of him inside & outside of Old Trafford then, any ideas ??

Obviously it's your opinion only but every Man United Fan i talk to now seems to have the same opionion, which is a bit confusing considering the above..

Frankly mate, i don't give a <deleted> what other people think or if they disagree, and that includes United fans.

I have my opinion on Tevez. Other fans have theirs. And I know you have yours - you told us enough times how fantastic he is.

If he had truly wanted to stay with us, and if we could have got him for something in the 15-18m bracket, i would have loved him to stay.

Neither were true.

In the end of course we did offer him substantially more than 18m, but still he wanted out. Not much more to say then than "on your way son".

Head scratching time for me there Rix...

How come he was the only Player in recent History then that the Fans Protested the Sale of him inside & outside of Old Trafford then, any ideas ??

Obviously it's your opinion only but every Man United Fan i talk to now seems to have the same opionion, which is a bit confusing considering the above..

Frankly mate, i don't give a <deleted> what other people think or if they disagree, and that includes United fans.

I have my opinion on Tevez. Other fans have theirs. And I know you have yours - you told us enough times how fantastic he is.

If he had truly wanted to stay with us, and if we could have got him for something in the 15-18m bracket, i would have loved him to stay.

Neither were true.

In the end of course we did offer him substantially more than 18m, but still he wanted out. Not much more to say then than "on your way son".

The old cliche no player is bigger than the club comes to mind with Tevez. Except remember it was his agent calling the shots because he basically owned Tevez, a unique position which no other player I know has got himself so contractually hamstrung. You wont find a United supprter that didnt appreciate his boundless energy but enough was enough. Is he missed ? yes, Has he made a difference to where United sit in competions right now ? no .Life goes on

Tevez was great for united and if not for his and is agents demand he would still be a united player,i liked him before he came to united and i alwaysthought he would be great at united.

I hope i am proven wrong by gibson and maybe i am being harsh on him,but he frustrates me with his shoot on site attitude when the easy ball is on,and i do hope he turnsin to another fletcher.

OK rixalex i will give him a chance,just dont really seeing him as the ideal replacement for scholsey,i thought anderson was going to be but he doe's not look the part at the moment.

We do need to sign a central midfield playmaker for next season.

A question for all who do you think that player should be?

Tevez was great for united and if not for his and is agents demand he would still be a united player.

I think you'll find his demands were eventually met by United but by then it was too late and he wanted to move. So if he and his agent wanted, he could have still been a United player. Additionally, do you think his demands were that out of order, when you consider what you paid for Berbatov?

We are a better team without him i reckon,we play more like a team now,rather than it being the ronaldo show and having to play players out of position to accomadate him.

Well i'll go to the end of my road, look what Fergie has said ........

Sir Alex Ferguson has amazingly suggested that Cristiano Ronaldo could be tempted back to Manchester United in the future.

And Ferguson admits that he is very much still in touch with Ronaldo, something he rarely does when selling a player.

"I still have a great bond with Cristiano - he's a good guy,'' admitted the Scottish tactitian.

Seems like Sir Alex thinks they are a better team with him but perhaps the supporters on here know better :) .

Edited by alfieconn

You cant compare the Tevez situation with Berbatov.Tevez was controlled and owned by his agent.United were dealing with Spurs management who were anxious to squeeze every dollar as the transfer window was closing and City were also in for Berbatov.

It was also very difficult for United to comunicate with Tevez ,his English was, and still is very poor,even now he cant hold a conversation and everything appears to go through his agent. There were protests by United fans about him leaving as they appreciated his on field ability and attitude,HOWEVER, that soon evaporated when he started bagging the club and manager especially in reference to lack of game time which ,he Tevez, found unacceptable.

The mocking poster erected in Manchester didnt help either.If you polled United supporters now I believeTevez would have minimal support for his actions and are the team missing him ? not loking at the table and results so far.

I should have also mentioned the obvious. Tevez won more medals in his short stay at United than many players would win a lifetime or 2. The word ungrateful springs to mind and he may reflect on that fact when this season finishes.

I'm a bit tired of reading all about "might have been" anybody want to talk about yesterday's win........... :)

or will Rooney get 42 goals plus this season, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict he'll get 44 in all competitions.

I'm a bit tired of reading all about "might have been" anybody want to talk about yesterday's win........... :)

or will Rooney get 42 goals plus this season, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict he'll get 44 in all competitions.

I agree, Fulham is frustrating to play against - how many blocked shots. Some class by Berba last night.

42 Goals - ten more to go. If he can get 3 against LP on the weekend :D I think he will score 46 goals this year.

Schwartzer made 2 fine saves yesterday, (Fingers crossed that he's in that sort of form for the World Cup. )

There seems to be no stopping Rooney at the moment, I just felt at times we missed Scholes or even Giggs, they at least fire long passes out to the right wing, but Valencia seemed starved of passes, they were all going out to Nani on the left.

Schwartzer made 2 fine saves yesterday, (Fingers crossed that he's in that sort of form for the World Cup. )

There seems to be no stopping Rooney at the moment, I just felt at times we missed Scholes or even Giggs, they at least fire long passes out to the right wing, but Valencia seemed starved of passes, they were all going out to Nani on the left.

That's because Fulham set up to deny the passes to Valencia - both the LM and LB were tight on him to deny the passes.

That's because Fulham set up to deny the passes to Valencia - both the LM and LB were tight on him to deny the passes.

You are right I think Hodgson had identified Valencia as the danger man with so many excellent crosses in the last few games. How rewarding to see attacks going down the flanks again,like United of long ago,nothing more exciting that watching them come out of their own box at speed. Great stuff. I hope a few will get off Bervbatovs back after last night,couldnt have done more, sublime pass to Rooney for his second and worked hard. Can't wait for Liverpool next weekend and with the Chelsea at home coming up those 2 games may well define the season

Typically we draw Bayern and Hargreaves is expected to be back at the start of next month,but after not being named in the squad by Sir Alex he will have to sit out the Champions League! lets hope we don't need him....fate always plays its hand.

Ferguson has Hargreaves timetableOwen Hargreaves could be back in the first-team picture at the beginning of next month.

The Manchester United midfielder played 45 minutes of a 2-0 win over Burnley for United's reserves on Thursday night to end an 18-month absence through injury.

And while the 29-year-old is keen not to push himself too quickly, Sir Alex Ferguson already has a comeback plan in place, and said: "I am delighted for him. He has been out of the game for 18 months, which is very difficult. He will need a couple of games more with the reserves. After that he should be back in the first team squad. It is a good one to get at this time of the season."

Hargreaves was forced to undergo surgery on both knees to try and combat a tendinitis problem that affected him before his £18million arrival from Bayern Munich in 2007.

Although the England star still experiences an element of discomfort from the injury, Ferguson feels he can use the example of skipper Gary Neville - who was sidelined for even longer by a succession of muscular complaints and went on to make a successful return - as proof the battle can be won.

"We have experienced of this long interval without playing with Gary Neville," said Ferguson.

"Owen has the advantage of being a younger man. Hopefully now he is back for a continued period."

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Half time and my two pennyworth, for what its worth from a neutral (also an ex FA qualified referee) is that Webb cocked up the decision on the penalty royally. The offence started well outside the box and Valencia (was it he?) struggled on until he could dive in the penalty area.

Should have been a direct free kick outside the box with possibly a Red card for Mascherano as the last man (was he - we did not see a full wide picture in the TSP 1 replays during the match) and a yellow card for Valencia for diving.

Maybe somebody should tell ms torres to cut her son's hair so he can see the ball when it comes to his feet.

The way the spurs and city are going looks like LP are where they should be in that lonely place for those not quite good enough-club europa.

In all honesty what a scrappy game, hardly a decent shot from either side.

It just looked to me that United wanted to win it that bit more, or perhaps Liverpool's midweek game left them flat.

Just when I was thinking Park should come off, there he was making a very brave diving header, Well done lad.

Fingers crossed Blackburn can do a bit of damage to Chelsea................ :)

It just looked to me that United wanted to win it that bit more, or perhaps Liverpool's midweek game left them flat.

Just when I was thinking Park should come off, there he was making a very brave diving header, Well done lad.

6 minutes gone and the damage is done! :D

Didn't think we really played our game at all and in the end quite fortunate to get a win. Probably a draw would have been fair. Both sides were pretty poor.

Fingers crossed Blackburn can do a bit of damage to Chelsea................ :D

Yep, certainly was :)

So you shot your load quickly, with little end result? :)

I think the Vulcan might be talking about Drogba mate.

I think the Vulcan might be talking about Drogba mate.

He could be mate :D

The last time I supported Man U so vociferously was when they won that European game when Sherringham scored late on (when was that by the way?).

Tonight was superb. I was only disappointed that Owen couldn't play, as he would have shat Liverpool up considerably.

A great result. Here's to 19 title wins, an expensive Benitez sacking, a player exodus and a resulting mid-table team. Even Mourinho won't touch them.

Half time and my two pennyworth, for what its worth from a neutral (also an ex FA qualified referee) is that Webb cocked up the decision on the penalty royally. The offence started well outside the box and Valencia (was it he?) struggled on until he could dive in the penalty area.

Should have been a direct free kick outside the box with possibly a Red card for Mascherano as the last man (was he - we did not see a full wide picture in the TSP 1 replays during the match) and a yellow card for Valencia for diving.

dont know mate ,youre the fa qualified ref , make youre mind up :D , yes or no. yes or no. yes or no :) maybe , hang on ,errm , ?????, not an easy job, :D

The result is all that matters when we play the scousers i thought United kept up to the task well and played keep ball after getting the winner,My main man Park with a brave header :) i thought he and Rooney linked up well yesterday and Fletcher again outstanding.

Valencia leaving two players standing was brilliant,some acceleration he has got!

Torres kicking the penalty spot for his tantrum of the day and then missing a sitter at the same spot at the end lol!

Liverpool might just finish 7TH if they are lucky,Mediocrity being the keyword.

United march on to another title......same same

Yes the the game was scrappy but wasnt that what we expected as we saw the Benitez line up. Anyone at all creative was on the Liverpool bench. The previously much maligned Fletcher and Park were magnificent and I thought Vidic had a really good game. Was the current England capatia Mr SG playing tonight ? what a poor performance and if anyone saw Chelsea against Blackburn Lampard was the same . Pity Fletchers not an Englishman because frankly on form Lampard and Gerard are hardly worth their places in the England squad.

Always easy to be right when you have the benefit of TV replays. I agree though that the initial offence was outside the box.