Manchester United

redrus

Before everyone gets on to the Bebe is useless , waste of money etc,bandwagon lets remember he has been there for only 3 weeks. His fitness levels are apparently light years behind where they should be and this is the reason Ole S thought he should not play in the Reserves.SAF agreed. Players who don't have good a fitness level tend to get injured easily and what's the hurry ! I'm prepared to wait a while and then make a judgement, any one care to do the same.

Uniteds Reserve side last night against City contained a back four of Neville , Smalling, Brown and Raphael. Carrick, Gibson and Cleverley in midfield and Macheda up front.Thats not a bad side in any league ! No sign of Bebe. Cleverley had a cracker apparently and scored one goal with Macheda the other 2. 3-1 scoreline

Theres a few teams in the premier league who could equal that 2nd eleven Sparky so i wouldn't get too excited :D

Not getting excited at all.I'm sure other clubs can field similar quality. Information was purely for United followers who may find information on these games difficult to find.

Before everyone gets on to the Bebe is useless , waste of money etc,bandwagon lets remember he has been there for only 3 weeks. His fitness levels are apparently light years behind where they should be and this is the reason Ole S thought he should not play in the Reserves.SAF agreed. Players who don't have good a fitness level tend to get injured easily and what's the hurry ! I'm prepared to wait a while and then make a judgement, any one care to do the same.

This is a none story really,there is a lad on a united forum i go on,he used to be a groundsman at carrington he gets inside information,the day before this all hit the press he posted a message saying he spoke to ole about bebe and ole said his finishing is great but e are working on his first touch and fitness.

Now next day it is in the gaurdian,now what a coincidence hey,not the first time this has happened lazy journalism.

Fergie had stated he is not ready yet.

He maybe a flop or he might turn out to be a great player lets just wait and see.

I wonder who the kids agent is-and if he has any other high profile clients that this transaction could be considered as a downpayment for? ;)

He brokered the deal of George Weah's Cousin to Southampton, regulary has Dinner at the Redknapp Household in Sandbanks & has been Titus Bramble's Agent since he was 7 apparently..

This almost deserves its own thread, the Bebe thread....and it can only get better...as with the player. :lol:

7.4m for a Portugese third division player that could'nt trap a bag of cement..

Well you have obviously seen him play so you are way ahead of the rest of us !

Looks like we're taking Thai money at Old Trafford.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={48C41513-A376-4D1F-981D-660FC5BB193E}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6651686

The partnership will see Singha Beer sold at Old Trafford during matches, as well as giving the Thai brewer advertising opportunities in the stadium and in the club’s media outlets.

Can we take their money and drink real ale ?

Yeah, theyv'e been trialling it with the top teams first ken. Man City and Chelsea are already advertising and selling Singha. :D

Looks like we're taking Thai money at Old Trafford.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={48C41513-A376-4D1F-981D-660FC5BB193E}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6651686

The partnership will see Singha Beer sold at Old Trafford during matches, as well as giving the Thai brewer advertising opportunities in the stadium and in the club’s media outlets.

Can we take their money and drink real ale ?

Yeah, theyv'e been trialling it with the top teams first ken. Man City and Chelsea are already advertising and selling Singha. :D

They can advertise it all they want but i still prefer chang.

Nice performance that.

Goal count should have been higher though.

O'Shea had another nightmare of a game. Was amazed he started after Fulham. Hope he gets dropped.

The game was a good illustration i thought of the point you were making recently Nev about Nani being forced to play on the left when he would be better on the right or at least switching. He made some good runs and looked dangerous. Would be great if he could start delivering on the free kicks / dead ball front - at the moment, it's that part of his game that is most behind the player he is trying to emulate.

Great to see Rooney on the score sheet. Hope this is the beginnng. We need him badly.

And another amazing game for Scholes. Yes he lost his legs a bit near the end at Fulham, but can anyone remember a season in which he has started the first three games quite like this? His diagonal balls are a thing of absolute beauty. Man's a legend.

Nice performance that.

Goal count should have been higher though.

O'Shea had another nightmare of a game. Was amazed he started after Fulham. Hope he gets dropped.

The game was a good illustration i thought of the point you were making recently Nev about Nani being forced to play on the left when he would be better on the right or at least switching. He made some good runs and looked dangerous. Would be great if he could start delivering on the free kicks / dead ball front - at the moment, it's that part of his game that is most behind the player he is trying to emulate.

Great to see Rooney on the score sheet. Hope this is the beginnng. We need him badly.

And another amazing game for Scholes. Yes he lost his legs a bit near the end at Fulham, but can anyone remember a season in which he has started the first three games quite like this? His diagonal balls are a thing of absolute beauty. Man's a legend.

Yes rixalex nani looks excellent on the right had a great game scored a good goal and a great assist for berbatovs goal.

Thought berbatov had a excellent game too,and vidic back to his best.

Some great football played by united and a well deserved win.

Oshea is a squad player he should not start ahead of rafeal.

Parker noble had good games for west ham.

Now we have a bloody 2 week break for boring international games,anyone else hate the break?

Is Nani on steriods....or was that just my widescreen?

Defo filling out the lad now.....i have a vision of him morphing into Ronaldo soon ;)

Oh and Berbatov must of been out on the town friday night...a bit of substance about him for once.....we will see?

Scholes and Giggs quality

I'll be amazed if your GD isn't at least +6 on Sunday morning & if it's less, you would have missed an excellent opportunity as we are all over the Shop at the moment & horrible..

For those that like a flutter, lump on the Home Team to win TO NIL & by 2+ & feel free to double them up also adding them winning the Corner count by at least 4..

Free money..

So who won some $$ apart from me ?? :D

I think most United fans would be happy with the performance against West Ham,still need better finishing however. I am still disappointed that one of the best young talents we have, Raphael, is not slotting in at right back instead of O'Shea ,the reason is quite mystifying. Raphael is in the Brazil squad now but he needs games.O 'Shea , great club man he is, doesn't. There are a lot siting on the bench not geting games, roll on Carling Cup

Now we have a bloody 2 week break for boring international games,anyone else hate the break?

YES!

And worried about how Rooney will be returned to us. Still, i guess best to think positive. He probably needs a couple of games.

The International break hot on the heels of the World Cup is a farce.For the teams that didnt play in the WC maybe there is some justification. Anyone with a slight twings is going to obviously pull out.Capello will be flat out making up the numbers. Club teams with smaller squads and involved in other competitions must be dreading the next 2 weeks.Rooney's first touch was much better on Saturday night and I hope Nani paid close attention on how to take a penalty!

I know i am going to get ............... up the ........................

but but but we need to get rid of Berbatovbah.gif

Why? he has been one of our better players up to now 2nd to scholes for me.

I don't do " Halves " Smokie thank you very much...;)

I might be a yid however I had my drinking education back home....

Let me know when you're feeling brave enough singhy....:D

Ok sweet, you're on...;)

Possible if you two love-birds could arrange your dates on a less important thread? :D

I don't do " Halves " Smokie thank you very much...;)

I might be a yid however I had my drinking education back home....

Let me know when you're feeling brave enough singhy....:D

Ok sweet, you're on...;)

Possible if you two love-birds could arrange your dates on a less important thread? :D

We're dicussing what to do with our winnings that we made from your massively important Football Club...;)

Does anyone know if Owen Hargeaves made the squad or not ?

I don't think its been named yet,not on United web site yet anyway.

Bebe has been called up to the Portugal Under 21 squad and they play England on Friday night. Bebe wil have some United company as Smalling , Cleverley , Wellbeck will be playing for England. True sometimes show these games ,lets hope they do.

United fail to hit ticket target

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 11:02 AM- Irish Examiner

Manchester United failed to reach their target of season ticket sales this summer, the club’s chief executive David Gill has confirmed.

But Gill insisted the figure is still “pretty good” in the current economic climate and that the club is in good financial shape.

Gill said the number of season tickets sold was 51,800 compared to the target of 54,000, and that executive seat sales were “on track”.

United’s season ticket sales have been conducted against a backdrop of a campaign by fans’ group the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust (MUST) urging a boycott in the hope of persuading the American owners, the Glazer family, to sell the club.

Asked about the season-ticket protest, Gill said: “I’ll be clear on that. Last year our target was 54,000 season tickets, we’ve sold 51,800, which is pretty good in the current climate.

“We’ve sold more season tickets than the capacity of most Premier League grounds. Our executive seat sales are on track as compared with last year in a different market.

“I think the bare facts are that the club is in good financial shape. The ticket sales have held up. We sold out for Newcastle and West Ham but we are not complacent and we’ve got to keep working to make sure that we fill the ground for every game and we’ll do that by playing great football, attractive football, exciting football that brings fans in.”

The protest against United’s owners surrounds the debts they took on to buy the club. These now stand at more than £700m – including a £500m bond scheme, and £202m in payment in kind (PIK) loans.

BBC’s Panorama claimed earlier this summer the Glazers’ shopping mall empire in America was facing problems but Gill would not be drawn on that, stating instead the club was very successful financially and were comfortable with the position.

Gill added: “I’m not going to comment on that [Panorama]. We’ve had another very successful year off the pitch when we announced our results for June 2010 they were excellent, generating cash.

“We have put in place a long-term financial structure for the club with the bond, obviously that’s serviced on a regular basis.

“So no I don’t think it impacts us at all. So I think we’ve got to be comfortable.”

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/united-fail-to-hit-ticket-target-471719.html#ixzz0yGvq84ET

“We’ll be green and gold ’till they die or fold… And we won’t wear red until Glazer’s dead.”

redrus