Manchester United

redrus

i wouldn't worry about sunday rix. if roy sets us up like he has so far you'll just be invited on to us and have chance after chance. i'm worried it could be really horrible.

You could be right mate - and of course i hope you are - but prior form often gets thrown out the window in these games. Only a foolish man gambles on these ones.

I guess so. But you know I was hoping that Man U would put the priority of winning their Group in the CL (consisting of 6 games) ahead of a league fixture against a mid table club in the Premiership.

In fact I think it was pure nepotism that SAF gave Rangers a good chance, rather than having sympathy with Liverpool under its reduced circumstances.

Owen ought to be off-loaded to Villa in the January sales.

Owen hasn't really been given much playing time at all though has he, to know what sort of form he is in. Last night he was thrown out there and didn't do much but he didn't have much time and had little in the way of quality balls into the box. I still think he has something to offer, even if it's Carling Cup and coming on as sub type appearances. He's s striker with experience that the young guys should learn from. If he goes it's not like we'll get a big injection of cash to spend with. Might as well keep him i'd say.

I hope Fergie gets it right for Sunday otherwise the season will be over before its really started...............:huh:

I don't think it's quite that bad yet mate. The two draws we had in the Premiership seemed like losses because of the nature of them, but they weren't. 8 points out of 12 isn't a disaster, and no matter what happens on Sunday, the season is long.

Tinker bell at it again.

Thought smalling looked promising,we lack a creative midfielder when scholes is out.

Sad about valencia he looked strong and fit before his injury,and could have happened to rooney earlier.

We missed berbatov scholes and nani,our 3 most creative players and berbatov is class at holding the ball up and unlocking tight defences.

We need a result in valencia at least a draw,we loose and we will need 9 point from the last 4 games to be certain which could be a concearn.

We need a result in valencia at least a draw,we loose and we will need 9 point from the last 4 games to be certain which could be a concearn.

Which reminds me. Feel really sorry for the lad with the same name. Don't like to see any player (even one of yours) getting injured like that. Hope he makes a speedy recovery but I doubt it.

Really sorry to see that Valencia's got such a bad injury, never good to see. And cant help but feel sorry for the utd fans esp the kids who spent lots of time and money to see their favourite players making up the strongest team after all it is the champions league and what do they get ? the second string, something should be done, nothing like a fine, cos under regulations, utd have done nothing wrong, but for me morally they've short sold their fans.

Really sorry to see that Valencia's got such a bad injury, never good to see. And cant help but feel sorry for the utd fans esp the kids who spent lots of time and money to see their favourite players making up the strongest team after all it is the champions league and what do they get ? the second string, something should be done, nothing like a fine, cos under regulations, utd have done nothing wrong, but for me morally they've short sold their fans.

The Champions League group stage is boring and isnt much of a competition for the top teams (i know it was a draw) Fergie agrees judging by his team selection, time to go back to knock out football its more of a level playing field.

But agree about Valencia no one want to see a talented young footballer get such an injury, it looked innocuous.

And cant help but feel sorry for the utd fans esp the kids who spent lots of time and money to see their favourite players making up the strongest team after all it is the champions league and what do they get ? the second string, something should be done, nothing like a fine, cos under regulations, utd have done nothing wrong, but for me morally they've short sold their fans.

I think you'll find most United fans place their support in the manager and understand that with the number of games the team has to play, there requires to be a certain amount of juggling around of players.

Why not let United fans speak for themselves? If they are unhappy they'll say so.

This business of people outside the club complaining on our behalf is just fake concern driven by an underlying anti-United agenda.

yes, i was very sad and sorry to see valencia get such a nasty, horrible injury.

i was rather hoping it would be rooney.

badoom-tish.

Actually you nearly got your wish mate. He turned his ankle and for a minute it looked like it might be a bad one - although obviously nothing compared to the Valencia incident. Funnily enough, a small injury to give Rooney a break away from the game is probably just what he needs. Any chance you could have a word with your mate to pass on to the Liverpool lads for Sunday? Something like a high foot going for the ball but missing and connecting with <deleted>, resulting in groin strain and out for three weeks would be the ticket.

yes, i was very sad and sorry to see valencia get such a nasty, horrible injury.

badoom-tish.

Actually you nearly got your wish mate. He turned his ankle and for a minute it looked like it might be a bad one - although obviously nothing compared to the Valencia incident. Funnily enough, a small injury to give Rooney a break away from the game is probably just what he needs. Any chance you could have a word with your mate to pass on to the Liverpool lads for Sunday? Something like a high foot going for the ball but missing and connecting with <deleted>, resulting in groin strain and out for three weeks would be the ticket.

i'm having a bet on poulsen getting sent off for fouling rooney. howard webb is ref and he seems to have shockers against us every time these days.

we have 48 hours less rest than you lot too so i'm hoping roy rests a few against steaua tonight.

Reports in this mornings papers say Valencia will more than likely be out for the rest of the season, quoting SAF. :(

redrus

Sad. Can't help wondering if this will spell the end of his career at United. Whilst he has put in some good performances, his ability to score remains quite poor.

Anyway, wish him a speedy recovery.

Reports in this mornings papers say Valencia will more than likely be out for the rest of the season, quoting SAF. :(

redrus

Sad. Can't help wondering if this will spell the end of his career at United. Whilst he has put in some good performances, his ability to score remains quite poor.

Anyway, wish him a speedy recovery.

Scoring isn't everything and with him and Rio in against Everton, we would have won, I believe....! I hope its not the end of his career with us, he was improving with every game. and, barring injury was always ahead of Nani in the line up for me.

From The Daily Mail.....

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has assured Antonio Valencia of his playing future.

The Daily Mail says Ferguson was at Antonio Valencia’s hospital bedside by 9am yesterday to reassure the Manchester United winger that he still has a future in football.

Valencia was operated on later in the day in Manchester after suffering a horrific double-break and dislocation of the left ankle during the Champions League goalless draw with Rangers at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Although the Ecuador international faces a struggle to play again this season, Ferguson told him he will make a recovery.

A friend of Valencia told the Daily Mail: "Antonio is devastated and finding it hard to come to terms with what has happened.

"But it cheered him up that Sir Alex came in to see him. He really appreciated that."

redrus

I hope its not the end of his career with us, he was improving with every game. and, barring injury was always ahead of Nani in the line up for me.

I'm with you there mate although it's not saying an enormous amount as if it were up to me, Nani would have been sold some time ago.

badoom-tish.

i'm having a bet on poulsen getting sent off for fouling rooney. howard webb is ref and he seems to have shockers against us every time these days.

we have 48 hours less rest than you lot too so i'm hoping roy rests a few against steaua tonight.

Get the excuses in early mate! :rolleyes:

badoom-tish.

Karma can be cruel Stevie-i sense a hamstring for torres or a knee for gerrard this weekend. ;)

Ken, I am like SAF, let you reply on my behalf after a dodgy result(s).

badoom-tish.

Karma can be cruel Stevie-i sense a hamstring for torres or a knee for gerrard this weekend. ;)

Ken, I am like SAF, let you reply on my behalf after a dodgy result(s).

A broken toenail would be enough to sideline Torres. :D

Would all the Berbatov knockers like to come forward, bow their collective heads, and admit that is probably one of the finest displays by a striker, at OT, in recent memory. The overhead may well be goal of the season. Then again a lot of Berbatov knockers,not including intelligent and knowledgeable United supporters of course , wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin so its unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

Would all the Berbatov knockers like to come forward, bow their collective heads, and admit that is probably one of the finest displays by a striker, at OT, in recent memory. The overhead may well be goal of the season. Then again a lot of Berbatov knockers,not including intelligent and knowledgeable United supporters of course , wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin so its unlikely to happen.

Mate he is class and see fergie what a good run in the team does for the lad.

Thatll be all bar Fergie, but its only been a good few games see if he keeps it up.

• Like 1

Thatll be all bar Fergie, but its only been a good few games see if he keeps it up.

He was always class when he played for us.