Manchester United

redrus

I love the mentality of died-in-the-wool soccer supporters. Indications above that the game against Liverpool is Man U's biggest challenge ahead. Not Chelsea away (last night), not Chelsea at home late in the season, not Arsenal at home in a coupla weeks time, but the hated team down the road. No matter that they are currently mediocre and should be easy pickings.

Dontya love it? They'll probably talk themselves into making Liverpool a tough game to win. :rolleyes:

It will always annoy the small minded ones that get upset because they're not at the top of the silly list.

Behave.

redrus

Ps, It isn't the "biggest challenge" as you put but, it is the biggest game......!

Edited by redrus

Although the value of Arsenal shares has been puffed up by the battle for control between Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke, the share price gives Arsenal a valuation of only around 11.5-times last year's "Ebitda" (cash profits excluding player sales).

Nice pice that Red. But a couple of things have me confused. Ebitda is Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization. So in my view, it's not really about cash profits it's really about your turnover. The profit element is after all of your deductions have been made.

The other thing is about the valuation of a club. I'm not sure a valuation can be that descriptive. Most businesses have good will and as much as it pains me to admit, I would think United have this in abundance. Anyway, at the end of the day, if the Qataries (if that's a word) fancy paying 1.5bn they will and they probably won't lose much sleep over it. The worry for me, would be how they intend to account for it through the books. You don't want to go from your current debt situation, to an even bigger one. I'd love you to but you wouldn't want to :D

Mr BJ: Did I not read the exact same thing on the story about this on bbc.com/football? cut and paste job was it or you think so highly of it you decided to share it with us as well? :lol:

I don't read the BBC website Jim, I read Skysports mainly. Give us the link and we'll see what was posted there.

Michael Carrick has just signed a new 3 year contract taking him through to 2013/14.I thought his performance against Chelsea was much improved, just wish he would show more aggression and urgency and chip in with a goal or 2.

Funny that Ivanonovic has come out and said it was no way a penalty, Zirirkhov falling over Smalling. At first he thought it was but watching the replay, no.How Luis stayed on the pitch is beyond me no wonder Anchelotti dragged him off.But this is football and one decison can count you dearly at the end of the season.

Michael Carrick has just signed a new 3 year contract taking him through to 2013/14.I thought his performance against Chelsea was much improved, just wish he would show more aggression and urgency and chip in with a goal or 2.

Funny that Ivanonovic has come out and said it was no way a penalty, Zirirkhov falling over Smalling. At first he thought it was but watching the replay, no.How Luis stayed on the pitch is beyond me no wonder Anchelotti dragged him off.But this is football and one decison can count you dearly at the end of the season.

Agreed, but then again you always do better than anyone else over the course of a season.

Oh, and then again, you also get "Fergietime" when you are losing don't you.

Bwah Bwah bwah ( as these seem to be the words in fashion on here :D )

One game with a few decisions against them and there's a major inquest, Mr Ferguson included, no mention of the other 12 games where decisions have gone in their favour :o:D.

Edit :Note to the FA, please make sure that either Mr Clattenburg or Mr Webb referee all Utd games to the end of the season too make sure that this doesn't happen again :D

Hi all.

SAF just cannot control his temper when Man U lose, he has a long history of blaming the referee But not a word on the Rooney incident against Wigan or on the blatant last man foul earlier in the season committed by Gary Neville 100% Red card But got away with it.I feel sure SAF commended the Ref that day.

phupaman

Bwah Bwah bwah ( as these seem to be the words in fashion on here :D )

One game with a few decisions against them and there's a major inquest, Mr Ferguson included, no mention of the other 12 games where decisions have gone in their favour :o:D.

Edit :Note to the FA, please make sure that either Mr Clattenburg or Mr Webb referee all Utd games to the end of the season too make sure that this doesn't happen again :D

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly Fergie forgets that his boy Rooney shouldn't have been on the park last week either.

so who's at the back for you on sunday, mancs? smalling and brown is it? hope to christ carroll's fit enough to play.

It will be Stevie I'm sure of that and, I think they're more than capable of coping.

I hope he is too, drop him in at the deep end so to speak, just hope he don't follow in Torres footsteps and take the piss out of our defenders..... :whistling:

redrus

i think he'll start on the bench rus, which is a shame as a) he'll be well up for it and B) someone that physical against smalling and brown would be great.

our defence is going to be a bit ropey by the way. probably going to be carragher at fullback, skrtel + one in the centre.

Oh dear their all at it again,good to see the flames of jealousy still burning brightly. Trotting out the same worn out old tabloid cliches.Never mind for United people Darren Ferguson today joined Carrick in signing a new contract.This one is for 4 years ,taking him throught to 2014/15.He has been with United since he was 15 ,looking like another one club player and now vice captain.

Oh dear their all at it again,good to see the flames of jealousy still burning brightly. Trotting out the same worn out old tabloid cliches.Never mind for United people Darren Ferguson today joined Carrick in signing a new contract.This one is for 4 years ,taking him throught to 2014/15.He has been with United since he was 15 ,looking like another one club player and now vice captain.

& there was me thinking that great one Club Man just got Sacked at Preston & only got a Game at your Gaff cos he was the Managers Son...:D

Yup, Carrick and Fletcher ( I assume you mean Fletcher and Fergie hasnt signed up his son :lol: )

Must be the luckiest most overrated players in the Prem. Surrounded by good players, they have got away with being average for years!! :lol:

Yup, Carrick and Fletcher ( I assume you mean Fletcher and Fergie hasnt signed up his son :lol: )

Must be the luckiest most overrated players in the Prem. Surrounded by good players, they have got away with being average for years!! :lol:

With respect mate, i think you are confusing being a no-frills, hard-working dynamo - doing the crappy no-glory work no one else wants to, for being average and lucky, particularly in the case of Fletcher.

Carrick you might have a point - this season certainly, but i think as a player he is better than that. Of course he has to show it. Hope with contract business out the way now, we'll see the best of him.

It warms my heart to see ok to ordinary players like Carrick (29yo) and Fletcher (27yo) sign long term contracts for the Reds.

Not the stuff to make you a generationally great team lads. What with Giggsy (ok he is still top class) and Scholes I reckon your average age next year will be pushing 28. Arsenal 23/24. All Arsenal need is a great manager like SAF and a good on-field leader like you guys usually have (and like Arsenal had until Wenger came onboard with his silly egalite fraternite froggy ideals :lol:)

It warms my heart to see ok to ordinary players like Carrick (29yo) and Fletcher (27yo) sign long term contracts for the Reds.

Not the stuff to make you a generationally great team lads. What with Giggsy (ok he is still top class) and Scholes I reckon your average age next year will be pushing 28. Arsenal 23/24. All Arsenal need is a great manager like SAF and a good on-field leader like you guys usually have (and like Arsenal had until Wenger came onboard with his silly egalite fraternite froggy ideals :lol:)

He's 100% right, that's why you haven't tied the Legaue up yet in a Season where a great Man United side would be 10 points clear of the not very good sides below you..

You'll still win it though, only cos the others aren't good enough to win it..

bloody quiet around here today, innit !

what happened, anyone know ? biggrin.gif

seems our Mancunian friends or should that be plastic friends are all very good at dishing it out, but lose their voice and swagger in it when things don't go the way they want them to. sounds an awful lot like your manager SAF from what i have been reading today. whistling.gif

anyway happy Monday to you all !

I have been watching football for a good many years now, but still can't undestand what the f*#k Nani was doing heading the ball back into the box that caused the 2nd goal !!

From that moment on I thought we were doomed, and I reckon Nani felt it too - he sure wasn't looking forward to Fergis verbals in the dressing room at half-time and was probably half pleased to get stretchered off, thus minimising the hair-dryer treatment..

He must have been away that week in primary school when the games master explained a few basic fundamentals :-

"If in doubt< kick it out"

Hi all.

SAF just cannot control his temper when Man U lose, he has a long history of blaming the referee But not a word on the Rooney incident against Wigan or on the blatant last man foul earlier in the season committed by Gary Neville 100% Red card But got away with it.I feel sure SAF commended the Ref that day.

phupaman

Nothing said about his lucky escape at Stoke too,should have had a second yellow in the first half when it was 1-1.Red Nose even took the idiot off at half time

I have been watching football for a good many years now, but still can't undestand what the f*#k Nani was doing heading the ball back into the box that caused the 2nd goal !!

I think it's quite straight forward, he mistimed the header, mistimed his neck movement in connecting with the Ball & ended up headering it back into the worst area of the pitch he possibly could have done..:D

Looks like Fergie's media blackout has extended to United TV members, gees he has some pull does Sir Alex :)

Appaerently it was decided before teh Game too..

Nothing like being treated like an absolute **** & just as teh commodity you are thought of as, is there Man United Fans ??

Now you Reds know what it's like to have a world class side, destroyed by a lamentable central defence. Your world class defenders are injured; ours (apart from long-term injured Vermaelen are not yet bought. :rolleyes:

Oh wo is us, oh wo is us...., we got beaten on the day, that was yesterday, on to the next episode and, why on earth do you think that I have been hiding, I live in England and work.....?

You lot are livin in a chuffin dreamland if you think Two defeats once again spells the downfall of Manchester United. Twenty bloody years you've been saying it now and, still you don't get the message do you....

We'll Never Die.

:jap:

redrus

Oh wo is us, oh wo is us...., we got beaten on the day, that was yesterday, on to the next episode and, why on earth do you think that I have been hiding, I live in England and work.....?

You lot are livin in a chuffin dreamland if you think Two defeats once again spells the downfall of Manchester United. Twenty bloody years you've been saying it now and, still you don't get the message do you....

We'll Never Die.

redrus

I agree Red but as in Crossbar the two defeats where to say the least hard to take.... also lost a few pints on Sunday ....

Hope you are well mate. :D

BT :jap:

We'll Never Die.

redrus

I agree Red but as in Crossbar the two defeats where to say the least hard to take.... also lost a few pints on Sunday ....

Hope you are well mate. :D

BT :jap:

They are always hard to take, the Chelsea one harder as we deserved something from that but against Liverpool we were second best on the day so, onwards ever onwards, toughest games gone, time to move on....!

I am well mate, back at work for the first time in six months today so, feeling the pain but, all is well and smiling. Hope you are well too pal...?

redrus

The era is finishing for Man u.Scholes was awful again and Giggs loses the ball to much.Great servants but past it now.

sleepy.gif

Scholes and Giggs have been exceptional this season actually, but as per usual, one off game and suddenly all that is forgotten and they are declared past it. Go back in this thread two or three years and you'll find exactly the same comments being trotted out periodically.