Manchester United

redrus

United Resreves won the Senior Cup last night, against Bolton, for the 30th time. Interesting that Fletcher played a full game as did Obertan 82 m , Lindegaard and Raphael also played. Interested to see if Fletcher ,Raphael and Obertan play as expected on Sunday. VDS will obviously play so the fans can give him the send off he deserves,what a pity he didnt come to United earlier ..class act.Anyone seen Bebe or has he been smuggled out of the country ???

United Resreves won the Senior Cup last night, against Bolton, for the 30th time. Interesting that Fletcher played a full game as did Obertan 82 m , Lindegaard and Raphael also played. Interested to see if Fletcher ,Raphael and Obertan play as expected on Sunday. VDS will obviously play so the fans can give him the send off he deserves,what a pity he didnt come to United earlier ..class act.Anyone seen Bebe or has he been smuggled out of the country ???

Well, I tihnk that they will be hoping that Fletcher can play some part in the Champions League Final, and I'd expect Lindegard to be on the bench after Kursacks nightmare performance at the weekend.

Who knows about Bebe, but I think it's worth sticking with him.

That was never a penalty in a million years...unless you are Man Utd or Chelsea at the Bridge. I'm hugely amused that Rix thinks it was!! It was'nt in realtime, was'nt on a slomo and was'nt at twice the speed either. I also very much doubt whether you would have equalised bar for the ref and a very weak linesman. I turned over ten minutes from the end because it all became an embarrassing sham of a finish.

Horrible penalty to give away, but yes, a clear pen. Keeper didn't play the ball and came across the player. Player could have skipped over him, but when the keeper comes out and dives into your path, why would you expect a player to do that? Stupid mistake from the keeper in the end. Shouldn't have come out. No need to.

It was a penalty,read the scoreline, blame the stupidity of Robinson,the look on his face said it all he had absolutely no need to give the ref the option Sure some refs would not have given it but why give then a choice ? A Gomes moment. Rather boring this constant nonsense that United get the decisions.Listen to the neutral pundits, who have actually played the game, and ex refs who said the correct decision was made.

I think you will be wasting your time trying to explain it to those that continue to moan about "certain teams". I've played enough football over the years as a goalkeeper, to know that Robinson made a poor decision and it cost him. The look on his face was a give away "oh fuc_k", I would have felt the same, sometimes though you get away with it. In the end teams such as United, Chelsea etc are likely to get more penalties / decisions for the simple reason that they spend more time attacking the opposition.

I found it interesting that certain posters then choose to attack people who support teams from outside their own towns :rolleyes: - some of us come from area where there are no professional teams, and I've been bought up supporting Manchester United, been to many games over the years and would hardly call myself a fair weather football supporter. As I got a little older I have also supported Torquay as that is one of the nearest teams to me - I've been lucky to enjoy the highs and lows of both teams over the years, and will continue to enjoy watching football for many years to come - albeit now from a further distance living in Thailand.

At the end of the day, the league doesn't lie and the teams that win it, don't win it based on a few penalties.

Sorry toad, i really did'nt mean to hit such a raw nerve. i'm not having a pop and i'm surprised you are being so defensive. I also never used the term fair weather. You missed my point. basically i just can't understand where anyone can find the passion supporting someone elses team. I could'nt concieve of supporting any other team than Spurs because thats where i'm from. Fine, support a winning team but anyone who supports a team other than the one where they are born will never understand the love and passion we have for our clubs. Please explain t me for example why someone from Brighton would choose to support Man Utd? The whole concept is nothing short of ridicuous.

Most fans would get a bigger kick out of their team winning the fair play league than Utd fans get winning another championship.

I found it interesting that certain posters then choose to attack people who support teams from outside their own towns :rolleyes: - some of us come from area where there are no professional teams, and I've been bought up supporting Manchester United, been to many games over the years and would hardly call myself a fair weather football supporter. As I got a little older I have also supported Torquay as that is one of the nearest teams to me - I've been lucky to enjoy the highs and lows of both teams over the years, and will continue to enjoy watching football for many years to come - albeit now from a further distance living in Thailand.

Sorry toad, i really did'nt mean to hit such a raw nerve. i'm not having a pop and i'm surprised you are being so defensive. I also never used the term fair weather. You missed my point. basically i just can't understand where anyone can find the passion supporting someone elses team. I could'nt concieve of supporting any other team than Spurs because thats where i'm from. Fine, support a winning team but anyone who supports a team other than the one where they are born will never understand the love and passion we have for our clubs. Please explain t me for example why someone from Brighton would choose to support Man Utd? The whole concept is nothing short of ridicuous.

Most fans would get a bigger kick out of their team winning the fair play league than Utd fans get winning another championship.

Interesting that Carms 39.gif just how do people get to support a team that's home is hundreds of miles away, could never get me head around that one, still i'm sure many of our long distance supporters will enlighten us 105.gif.

Interesting that Carms 39.gif just how do people get to support a team that's home is hundreds of miles away, could never get me head around that one, still i'm sure many of our long distance supporters will enlighten us 105.gif.

I doubt that very much.Unfortunately Alfredo, it seems we can't have this discussion without people getting rather uptight.

Cockney Reds :rolleyes:

Edited by carmine

I doubt that very much.Unfortunately Alfredo, it seems we can't have this discussion without people getting rather uptight.

Not at all, I only noted that you had decide to use the "old cockney supporters theme" as an addition to the penalty decision. I'm pretty comfortable about where I stand on supporting teams.

Anyway, as for being a "cockney" well off the mark mate. I'll let you and Alfredo enjoy discussing "next year" , as that's a recurring theme for Spuds fans. :lol:

Not at all, I only noted that you had decide to use the "old cockney supporters theme" as an addition to the penalty decision. I'm pretty comfortable about where I stand on supporting teams.

Anyway, as for being a "cockney" well off the mark mate. I'll let you and Alfredo enjoy discussing "next year" , as that's a recurring theme for Spuds fans. :lol:

I was'nt suggesting you were a cockney though was i. Merely mocking the label of cockney reds. My bet is that you are from the south coast anyway ;)

Now, more importantly, if you are so comfortable on where you stand about supporting teams why don't you answer the question?

I was'nt suggesting you were a cockney though was i. Merely mocking the label of cockney reds. My bet is that you are from the south coast anyway ;)

Now, more importantly, if you are so comfortable on where you stand about supporting teams why don't you answer the question?

This is what MT said earlier Carms

As I got a little older I have also supported Torquay as that is one of the nearest teams to me -

Why he supported Man u before he supported his local team Torquay is probaly always going to be one of lifes little mysteries 40.gif

[

Why he supported Man u before he supported his local team Torquay is probaly always going to be one of lifes little mysteries 40.gif

Err, well I don't think I have to go into justifying who, why, when with you lads. Enjoy watching you're own team. ;)

But, just for humour - First game I watched was at at Old Trafford, around the age of 5. Went to a fair few games with my old man - both at OT and also around the country, when he was not playing. So it was pretty normal to support the team that ran in the family. We also went to watch Exeter a fair amount, for those that know me they may understand the connection - but to add some rivalry in the house - I sided with Torquay (and bloody awful they were at this point as well). Over the years have watched plenty of games around the country involving Torquay and Manchester United. I've been to plenty of other games in that time, not involving either team as well - including several trips to Spuds (enjoyed a couple of good days out there).

Do I get passionate about football, I believe was the question? The answer is of course I do - it has been the centre of my upbringing. :)

Fact is, if people were only allowed to support the club that was exactly closest in miles to their home of birth - whether it be a massive, small or tiny club, whether it be a Premiership, lower league or non-league club - no side, not even a Man United or a Spurs, would have a following of more than ten thousand or so, give or take.

Fact is, if people were only allowed to support the club that was exactly closest in miles to their home of birth - whether it be a massive, small or tiny club, whether it be a Premiership, lower league or non-league club - no side, not even a Man United or a Spurs, would have a following of more than ten thousand or so, give or take.

It's a very valid point, and I can't see how you can say that someone who travels week in week out to home and away games of the club that they support - regardless of where they live would have any less attatchment to the club as they weren't from there. I know a number of people from my local area that have travelled all over the country and into Europe following a their team, be it Man Utd, Exeter, Spuds, Liverpool - week in, week out.

I have more of an issue with people who support a team just because they are succesful, and haven't even been to a game - or flip flop between teams.

Anyway, not going to get into a pissing match here - lets try and keep this thread a little more on track.

So you are saying that 60,000 man u supporters come from out of the area 13.gif

So you are saying that 60,000 man u supporters come from out of the area 13.gif

I was making a general point about all clubs Alfie.

That being that if everyone simply supported the club that was closest to their home, all clubs throughout England, right from non-league up to Premiership, would all be supported by a fairly equal number, dependant obviously on how densely populated the area, and how close the proximity to another club.

Oh come on.

Football is the most popular sport that has ever been invented on the planet.

It goes well beyond the interests of those who were born within spitting distance of the team. Football is more popular than christianity. Its influence has outreached democracy. You can literally go to any corner of this planet where english is spoken and discuss EPL. It is a far better bet than discussing Shelley.

The commercial revenues and media revenues far outstrip those match day revenues that are generated by teams and the 'daytrippers' revenues far outstrip the local matchday receipts.

It always surprises me with LFC for instance that Liverpool were prepared to accept the Beatles as a global phenomenon but think that LFC should be reserved for scousers.

FA Youth Cup.

Sheffield United home grown younsters held an International array of Manchester United younsters to a 2-2 draw in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup at Bramall Lane on Tuesday night.

I didn't see or hear the game just read a couple of reports of it.

The return leg will be at OT next Tuesday night.

COME ON YOU BLADES

( the youth team are world in front of the shambles that call themselves the first team )

Edited by soihok

Oh come on.

It goes well beyond the interests of those who were born within spitting distance of the team. Football is more popular than christianity. Its influence has outreached democracy. You can literally go to any corner of this planet where english is spoken and discuss EPL. It is a far better bet than discussing Shelley.

The commercial revenues and media revenues far outstrip those match day revenues that are generated by teams and the 'daytrippers' revenues far outstrip the local matchday receipts.

It always surprises me with LFC for instance that Liverpool were prepared to accept the Beatles as a global phenomenon but think that LFC should be reserved for scousers.

Don't you "oh come on me" anorak!!! :lol:

You're getting way too excited. Back to your little scousers thread where i hear the excitement is boiling over....we'll not so much after we thumped you last weekend :) but the funs back and its brilliant and really really great and King Kennys back, everyone loving it and its fun again and......bore off, thanks mate. :D

Oh come on.

Don't you "oh come on me" anorak!!! :lol:

You're getting way too excited. Back to your little scousers thread where i hear the excitement is boiling over....we'll not so much after we thumped you last weekend :) but the funs back and its brilliant and really really great and King Kennys back, everyone loving it and its fun again and......bore off, thanks mate. :D

What's this Christianuty thing he speaks of? Is it as boring as baseball? :unsure:

FA Youth Cup.

Sheffield United home grown younsters held an International array of Manchester United younsters to a 2-2 draw in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup at Bramall Lane on Tuesday night.

COME ON YOU BLADES

( the youth team are world in front of the shambles that call themselves the first team )

Note! The return leg is Monday night 19.30 kick off got 4 tickets looking forward to it.

FA Youth Cup.

COME ON YOU BLADES

From the reports I read, it sounded like it was a great game. It's also good for Sheffield United to have a decent crop of youngsters coming through - gives the club something to look forward to after last season.

FA Youth Cup.

COME ON YOU BLADES

Note! The return leg is Monday night 19.30 kick off got 4 tickets looking forward to it.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction.

I will try to find the game on the web or tv. Will it be shown live on MUTV?

I also would like to be going but it ain't going to happen as I,m in Singapore.