Manchester United

redrus

Rooney acted like a <deleted> and recieved the punishment he deserved. I can't understand what the debate is about. I thought the only person that didn't think it a red was that footballing visionary, Joe Hart.

phil neville as well apparently. on twitter:

"Rooney banned for 3 games what a joke - if it was a Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German player they wouldn't even get 1 game #fact"

petulant? petulant is what spoiled and stroppy teenagers do. rooney's supposed to be a grown adult and senior professional player now. anyhow, not like i care about the fate of england particularly.

Stevie, with respect, I think it would be more accurate to say not that you don't care about the fate of England, but rather that you get some sort of satisfaction from their failures - which must make you a very satisfied chap most of the time!

Three match ban is OTT in my opinion, but it was a daft thing to do. Wouldn't put it down to petulance. Rather a hot-headed streak founded on a deep-rooted drive to win. Semantics? Yeah possibly. Anyway, take away that drive and you have half the player you did. All about taking the rough with the smooth with Rooney.

He's a forward, so he has no idea how to vent his frustrations. Now Jamie Carragher could teach him a few subtelties or two on how to get even without getting red (most of the time).

No way was that violent conduct - it was unprofessional conduct worthy of a red card and a one match ban. And no way would I be arrested if I tried it on the streets - even in the UK and of course not in Thailand - unless the copper happened to be a UEFA official in disguise. :rolleyes:

No - I'm not trying a wind up or troll posting. I seriously think the judgement was way OTT and just because he is English, high profile and plays for a major E&WPL club. Do you guys seriously think Messi would have got a 3 match ban - no way.

And no way would I be arrested if I tried it on the streets - even in the UK and of course not in Thailand - unless the copper happened to be a UEFA official in disguise. :rolleyes:

No you wouldn't be arrested for that. There might be a case for the dude that crumpled to the ground reeling in agony though. biggrin.gif

And no way would I be arrested if I tried it on the streets - even in the UK and of course not in Thailand - unless the copper happened to be a UEFA official in disguise. :rolleyes:

No you wouldn't be arrested for that. There might be a case for the dude that crumpled to the ground reeling in agony though. biggrin.gif

So your an expert on the law in England now ;):D

How about this little story that makes a mockery of the laws off football, while we are on the subject of offences on and off the football pitch.

Two friends are standing in the pub and one ses to the other " i dont like that geezer over there, the next time he walks past me i'm going to trip him up and when he moans i'm going to chin him good and proper '' the one who's listening ses no don't do that in here your get nicked, come and play for our football team on sunday as we are playing his team.

Sunday comes about and the first opportunity matey goes straight over the top on the fella he doesn't like and when he complains he chins him. :o, gets sent off , gets a 6 game ban and 100 pound fine, if he'd done that in the pub he would have got done for assault with what ever sentence that carries plus a police record.

Moral of the story : if your going to do someone make sure it's on the football pitch and not in your local pub ;)

How about this little story that makes a mockery of the laws off football, while we are on the subject of offences on and off the football pitch.

Two friends are standing in the pub and one ses to the other " i dont like that geezer over there, the next time he walks past me i'm going to trip him up and when he moans i'm going to chin him good and proper '' the one who's listening ses no don't do that in here your get nicked, come and play for our football team on sunday as we are playing his team.

Sunday comes about and the first opportunity matey goes straight over the top on the fella he doesn't like and when he complains he chins him. :o, gets sent off , gets a 6 game ban and 100 pound fine, if he'd done that in the pub he would have got done for assault with what ever sentence that carries plus a police record.

Moral of the story : if your going to do someone make sure it's on the football pitch and not in your local pub ;)

Wise words indeed Mr Conn :jap:

I'd love to play sunday league against Nani........

Absolute <deleted>,charges can be brought on the field of play to any individual.

Thats what Nani thought when we played The Spursssss laugh.gif

Thats what Nani thought when we played The Spursssss laugh.gif

Our reserve team wasn't it. ;)

So your an expert on the law in England now ;):D

Clearly as much as an expert as you are in telling the difference from the serious to the tongue in cheek comment. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

petulant? petulant is what spoiled and stroppy teenagers do. rooney's supposed to be a grown adult and senior professional player now. anyhow, not like i care about the fate of england particularly.

Stevie, with respect, I think it would be more accurate to say not that you don't care about the fate of England, but rather that you get some sort of satisfaction from their failures - which must make you a very satisfied chap most of the time!

Three match ban is OTT in my opinion, but it was a daft thing to do. Wouldn't put it down to petulance. Rather a hot-headed streak founded on a deep-rooted drive to win. Semantics? Yeah possibly. Anyway, take away that drive and you have half the player you did. All about taking the rough with the smooth with Rooney.

Honestly rix i really don't see that young Wayne left the referee with any other choice.

People should accept that regardless of his actions this is part of the "Rooney deal" for good and bad and it most probably won't change. I'm not sure Ferguson for example wants to change him. His agression and win mentality are all part of the Utd steel that wins league titles. Aside of that, he's not a nuclear scientist or a code breaker, he's a thick footballer.

He should be told to use his time off wisely. A suggestion might be elocution lessons.

Possibles for today....

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Suarez.

cannot see Dalglish playing Carroll today.

Man Utd: De Gea,,Jones,Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Hernandez.

Edit I hope Carroll does play instead of Kuyt tongue.gif

Edited by MrRed

Possibles for today....

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Suarez.

cannot see Dalglish playing Carroll today.

Man Utd: De Gea,,Jones,Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Hernandez.

Two very good sides. I'm looking forward to this one. For obvious reasons i'm hoping for a Utd win ;)

No Chris Smalling?

Edited by carmine

I don't think he is fully fit yet although you never know with Fergie,if he is fit then would like him in at full back in place of Ferdinand,Jones to the centre.

Cleverly and Rafeal are looking to be back next week also which is great news.

Absolute <deleted>,charges can be brought on the field of play to any individual.

When you say charge's i take you mean criminal charges by the police, when has that ever happened ? but anyway thats not what i'm getting at, i'm talking about the FA doing more to stamp out this type of thing, in my view if it's 100% that a player has deliberatly kicked or elbowed a player, then he should be treated a lot more harsher than they are at the moment, I.E 10,15 or even 20 match ban or even ask the police to take criminal action.

People might well laugh at my suggestions but perhaps they should talk too people like Danny Thomas, Alf Inglaland or have a look at Gary Mabbutts face :o.

Honestly rix i really don't see that young Wayne left the referee with any other choice.

People should accept that regardless of his actions this is part of the "Rooney deal" for good and bad and it most probably won't change. I'm not sure Ferguson for example wants to change him. His agression and win mentality are all part of the Utd steel that wins league titles. Aside of that, he's not a nuclear scientist or a code breaker, he's a thick footballer.

He should be told to use his time off wisely. A suggestion might be elocution lessons.

Morning carmine. Yep, you are spot on the money in all you say.

And no, the ref had no choice regards the red card. It's the 3 match ban decision that has taken it too far, IMO.

Anyway, what do i care? No, it's not that i don't care about the England team, i do, very much, but with all the shit FIFA has pulled, we should withdraw ourselves and have nothing to do with any of it. Complete joke.

in my view if it's 100% that a player has deliberatly kicked or elbowed a player, then he should be treated a lot more harsher than they are at the moment, I.E 10,15 or even 20 match ban or even ask the police to take criminal action.

In my view, seeing as this is a contact sport, proving deliberate intent 100% is nigh on impossible unless it is an off the ball incident.

Stop making excuses for him Rixy, he's just a half brained prick who occassionley loses the plot, similar to Gascoigne, nothing to do with drive,enthusiasm and a deep rooted will to win,so your saying if a player has all 3 of them traits then that makes him prone to kicking players and is therefore acceptable ;)

Stop making excuses for him Rixy, he's just a half brained prick who occassionley loses the plot, similar to Gascoigne, nothing to do with drive,enthusiasm and a deep rooted will to win,so your saying if a player has all 3 of them traits then that makes him prone to kicking players and is therefore acceptable ;)

If i was arguing it was acceptable i would be arguing for no punishment. I'm not. I'm just saying these incidents are part and parcel of what he is.

Carmine, in case you didn't notice nani (despite his annoying behaviour at times) is world class. You in a sunday league with him would be worth watching LOL.

Its not annoying, its actually cheating. He's not world class, and you even know what position i play.

When you say charge's i take you mean criminal charges by the police, when has that ever happened ?

Strong words but still no strong answer 45.gif