Manchester United

redrus

Seriously though. What are your guys feeling about De Gea? V D Sar always saved you points, this guy wouldn't fill me with that same confidence.

From the BBC website:

David De Gea has made 17 saves this season, more than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League. jap.gif

Seriously though. What are your guys feeling about De Gea? V D Sar always saved you points, this guy wouldn't fill me with that same confidence.

From the BBC website:

David De Gea has made 17 saves this season, more than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League. jap.gif

Maybe it's your defence who are <deleted> then :D

From the BBC website:

Maybe it's your defence who are <deleted> then :D

Weird on that aint it,mind you he must of made 10 saves in the Arsenal match alone,so on that game yes our defence was <deleted>! biggrin.gif

Wayne is in a nice patch of form-shame about cleverly's foot-de gea looked sharp.

De Gea did make some nice saves, and kept a clean sheet in the process, but if you ask me, he still looks a bit like scooby-doo, all jumpy and nervous. The lad needs to calm down and beef up pretty quick, otherwise he will be what costs us points before too long.

Other than that, another breathtaking performance. Young was a bit quieter than he has been, probably to do with the England games i guess, but Nani stepped up to the plate and delivered some great balls. One of his more unselfish games.

Cleverly is a blow. He has been truly awesome in the centre. Anderson is like a new player - don't know what happened to him. Jones was solid and dependable. To be honest, could go through the whole team singing praises individually.

What do you guys think about our Benfica game? My guess is Berba will get his first start of the season. Would like to see him getting some game time before too long, just to keep his head in the game. Well down the pecking order though he now may be, he's a handy guy to have around.

I see the same forwards /wingers starting for benfica-then maybe berba in the 2nd half.

Jones is looking good. Re degea, he is coming along, but as long as we keep averaging more than 4 goals a game, no issues. Everybody was worried about big bad bolton giving him a hard time, well unless he was gonna get tackled from behind by davies, it wasn't an issue.

Looking forward to seeing how he does against benfica and chelsea.

I see the same forwards /wingers starting for benfica-then maybe berba in the 2nd half.

My feeling is more changes will be afoot to take into account the Chelsea game. Expect to see Rooney, Young, perhaps Nani too, on the bench. Park and a few others to come in.

Yea smokes that was not worth staying up for. Same old old carrick, evans fletcher dog and pony show. Looking at all the scores from tonight, looks like I am not alone.

Why bother with group stages in the hope of some minnow pulling an upset? Just pick the top 32 teams across europe and let's get it over by february.

I think we will have two teams this year,the young exciting attacking one and the old experienced safe one!

The one we all prefer will be used when he see's fit for the most and in Europe the experience will come in handy of Giggs Carrick Fletcher Park and co.

I much prefer the zest when the younger guys are playing but SAF will protect them this early in theseason,still cant wait to see the side we play against Leeds biggrin.gif Paul Pogba should get a start and he also should play in the firsts this season at some point,fingers crossed!

Good result last night,1-1 away at a good side. smile.gif great Giggs goal again,the only concern was how Evans was turned so easily again by the Benfica scorer,he is a liability one on one. ermm.gif

Forgot to add our second string goalie looks good too laugh.gif very similar to Schmikes!!

Edited by MrRed

Lucky result last night. When wayne doesn't have 1 attempt on goal it's saying something. Midfield was predictably shambolic. How long is cleverly out for?

We were lucky to be all square by half time, but by the end of the game, i think we had earnt a point. Midfield was slow and error strewn, but guess we shouldn't forget it was for them, like the first game of the season. Cleverly should be back in a few weeks. Really missed his spark.

On the bright side, thought Valencia slotted back in like he had never been away, and did some great runs round the back.

Lucky result last night. When wayne doesn't have 1 attempt on goal it's saying something. Midfield was predictably shambolic. How long is cleverly out for?

Well Sir Alex seemed relaxed at post match interview ! But I agree with you we made hard weather of it.

BT

3/4 weeks they are saying,we will not be playing the same as we have done in the premier league that is for sure,you can't argue with SAF's tactics over the last few years in the competition..........maybe if we get to the two-legged affairs biggrin.gif but the group stage we really do not have to go full throttle do we?

We were lucky to be all square by half time, but by the end of the game, i think we had earnt a point. Midfield was slow and error strewn, but guess we shouldn't forget it was for them, like the first game of the season. Cleverly should be back in a few weeks. Really missed his spark.

On the bright side, thought Valencia slotted back in like he had never been away, and did some great runs round the back.

Sorry, but i think he will become more of a super sub(hopefully) this season,his non-performance against Barca last year was very disappointing after a good comeback in the league,but at the top level i still feel he goes missing to often and SAF knows it.I really hope i am wrong with him!

Sorry, but i think he will become more of a super sub(hopefully) this season,his non-performance against Barca last year was very disappointing after a good comeback in the league,but at the top level i still feel he goes missing to often and SAF knows it.I really hope i am wrong with him!

Well, I think you might be wrong. I think he is more dependable than Nani, for which there is a greater call in my mind to play the super sub role.

Well Sir Alex seemed relaxed at post match interview ! But I agree with you we made hard weather of it.

BT

I really slipped up. He's paranoid about De Gea criticism. She was simply complimenting that other mouthy nose picker on having a good game and Red Nose's ruddy chops flared up.

Made me chuckle anyway. :)

BT

I really slipped up. He's paranoid about De Gea criticism. She was simply complimenting that other mouthy nose picker on having a good game and Red Nose's ruddy chops flared up.

Made me chuckle anyway. :)

I did ofcourse mean he slipped up!! Interesting, if he can be that nasty and defensive in a tv interview whats he like behind the scene? I would imagine Liverpool fans loved it :D

came across this ..

With tickets being sold at just £25 for adults and £5 for kids, Manchester City failed to sell out their first ever Champions League game last Wednesday! :lol:

why is that so hilarious james?

First ever CL match and it seems the supporters couldnt be excited enough to buy a ticket?

came across this ..

With tickets being sold at just £25 for adults and £5 for kids, Manchester City failed to sell out their first ever Champions League game last Wednesday! :lol:

First ever CL match and it seems the supporters couldnt be excited enough to buy a ticket?

massive recession in the UK right now, the north being hit by swingeing cuts, people don't have a lot of spare money and it was on TV. guess city's attendance wasn't boosted by all those fans travelling up from that london. it's not that surprising.

came across this ..

Thing is james most of your fans pop in to OT when they come over to England on holiday and everyone knows you always carry a bundle for your vacation. The English are in the grip of a double dip recession.

came across this ..

44,000+ isn't bad.

However stevie, due to the fact that james has never been to OT, he probably isn't aware of the rip off in the way United treat their fans.

James, at City we give the fans a CHOICE if they want to attend a match or not. At United they take the money from the season ticket holders credit card, whether you want to/wish to go or not. You don't have a choice. If you think it's funny to laugh at City not getting maximum attendance, think of the poor United fans who are FORCED to go ;)

came across this ..

44,000+ isn't bad.

However stevie, due to the fact that james has never been to OT, he probably isn't aware of the rip off in the way United treat their fans.

James, at City we give the fans a CHOICE if they want to attend a match or not. At United they take the money from the season ticket holders credit card, whether you want to/wish to go or not. You don't have a choice. If you think it's funny to laugh at City not getting maximum attendance, think of the poor United fans who are FORCED to go ;)

yea whatever - fact remains the same.

came across this ..

44,000+ isn't bad.

Stop sulking. :D

came across this ..

44,000+ isn't bad.

Is that it? That's you answer. My 3 year old would come up with something better than that. You truly are clueless as to what goes on at your "öwn" club never mind the rest of the division.

came across this ..

44,000+ isn't bad.

I have two season tickets(family) and am never forced to go also they are used every game by mates ,in fact i struggle to get tickets for the away games when i am back in UK and the finals of course,i even struggle to get the book for a home game nowadays.i think the football we are playing at the moment kids should be forced to go biggrin.gif i think you also do not know about the ticket swap and return schemes that have been in place a few years now also the membership package at United is good value.

There is and and has been a long waiting list for season tickets,not bad for the attendance.