Manchester United

redrus

There has been a few Nani bashers on here. Think you need to start giving the guy some credit.

Interesting stat today on Sky that he had better stats than Ronaldo in their first 100 games(goals/assists).

That's Jones is top draw!!!

I'm a Nani basher and make no excuses. If i see a <deleted>, i call it a <deleted>. He is just that, much like Ronaldo. However, if he contributes to the team, i happily give him his due for that.. and this season, he is playing his best football. Shame he couldn't have always played that way. He has taken time to mature and the manager has stood by him.. perhaps now, all the moments of frustration at his wayward shots, and anger at his pathetic injury feigns, that he has put us through, will have been in some way worth it. We'll see. One swallow does not a summer make. In other words, he still has stuff to prove.

Bit of Trivia. Nani has played 100 games for United and has scored 19 goals, same stat as Christiano Ronaldo after his first 100 games .Nani has created about 30% more assists.Of course later in his United carrer Ronaldo was a scoring machine ,wil Nani follow suit.Don't like comparisons :( source BBC

No

Apparently a couple of Utd players went round to Nani's house. Once invited in, their attention was struck by the "lifesize statue" of Nani himself, in Utd kit, taking center place in the lounge area. :D

Need i say more....:whistling:

What are you saying Carmine - it's not a statue of Modric in a Chelsea Kit?

Apparently a couple of Utd players went round to Nani's house. Once invited in, their attention was struck by the "lifesize statue" of Nani himself, in Utd kit, taking center place in the lounge area. :D

Need i say more....:whistling:

What are you saying Carmine - it's not a statue of Modric in a Chelsea Kit?

Thank fuc_k its not Garry Owen....ohmy.gif

Club statement on Hargreaves

Following certain comments reported in the media this morning, the Club has issued the following statement:

Manchester United is disappointed with Owen Hargreaves’ remarks after the game on Wednesday. The Club gave him the best possible care for three years and is as disappointed as anyone he was not able to play a part in the team’s success at that time. It has shared all the medical records with Manchester City and is comfortable with the actions taken by its medical staff at each step of his many attempts at rehabilitation.

United does not acknowledge any validity in the comments Owen is alleged to have made.

Manchester United has some of the best sports medical staff in world sport, who have made a significant contribution to United’s on-pitch success in recent seasons.

Yes everything going fine for him with the respect of both sets of fans and then he comes out with this,i thought Gary Cock had got the bullet? biggrin.gif

At the beginning tho ......i thought that this is what it really boils down to a slur against the United medical staff and it has proved to be especially more so if City manage to get him playing games and United didn't!

He has gone down a notch or two because of his statement,he really should see what happens first god forbid his jinx comes back and haunts him and proves Uniteds staff correct wink.gif

Yes everything going fine for him with the respect of both sets of fans and then he comes out with this,i thought Gary Cock had got the bullet? biggrin.gif

At the beginning tho ......i thought that this is what it really boils down to a slur against the United medical staff and it has proved to be especially more so if City manage to get him playing games and United didn't!

He has gone down a notch or two because of his statement,he really should see what happens first god forbid his jinx comes back and haunts him and proves Uniteds staff correct wink.gif

So he has gone down a notch because his opinion of the man u medical staff is not good, oh i forgot no one is allowed to say anything bad about your lot ;)

If he breaks down again how does that make utds staff correct ;) as he was saying that he was mistreated :o

Ok for the uneducated one.....he was looked after by United sent all over the world for operations and treatment on his knee problem,they tried everything they could to get him back playing because he is without doubt when fit a very good footballer.

The question remains is his fitness yes? to come out with this statement one game in.... is to say the least ill advised,if after a good spell in the team and it is shown beyond any doubt that his fitness is ok then yes! go ahead and slate the medical staff at United because obviously they made a mistake in the treatment they gave him!

But at the moment it is to early to make bold accusations especially at a club that have got a very good set up medically.

Mistreated laugh.gif keep up now or run along!

Ok for the uneducated one.....he was looked after by United sent all over the world for operations and treatment on his knee problem,they tried everything they could to get him back playing because he is without doubt when fit a very good footballer.

The question remains is his fitness yes? to come out with this statement one game in.... is to say the least ill advised,if after a good spell in the team and it is shown beyond any doubt that his fitness is ok then yes! go ahead and slate the medical staff at United because obviously they made a mistake in the treatment they gave him!

But at the moment it is to early to make bold accusations especially at a club that have got a very good set up medically.

Mistreated laugh.gif keep up now or run along!

Mistreated was obviously Hargreaves opinion or is he not allowed to have an opinion :o

"I received some injections and my tendon was never the same," he said in an interview with several national newspapers.

"I tried to get back on my feet and [united's medical staff] said my tendon was good, but it felt like I was made of glass.

"[The injections] obviously had a huge impact. With hindsight, I probably should not have had them. It's difficult."

We are all entitled to are opinions even you laugh.gif but like the Yids....you need to play a few games first before you see if you are going to qualify for the Champions League again wink.gif then after you have shown you are genuine challengers you could can give it large like you enjoy doing biggrin.gif

His opinion on this will i am pretty sure will come back to smack him in the face soon enough,if not he is quite correct in slating Uniteds medical staff.

We are all entitled to are opinions even you laugh.gif but like the Yids....you need to play a few games first before you see if you are going to qualify for the Champions League again wink.gif then after you have shown you are genuine challengers you could can give it large like you enjoy doing biggrin.gif

His opinion on this will i am pretty sure will come back to smack him in the face soon enough,if not he is quite correct in slating Uniteds medical staff.

Where have i given my opinion on this ;)

His opinion on the utd medical staff is his opinion, i would imagine even if he doesn't play too many games for city that that opinion won't change :D

What is it about these players who go to City and can't seem to help themselves from throwing parting shots at clubs that treated them well? We had Tevez of course and all his whines about not being loved, we had Adebyor and his stupid goal celebration running all the way to the Arsenal fans, then more recently we had Nasri moaning about Arsenal supporters, and now this from Owen.

Why can't they stick to talking up the club they have joined. Barbed remarks (or actions) about the clubs they left just comes across as small-minded and disrespectful.

Where have i given my opinion on this ;)

His opinion on the utd medical staff is his opinion, i would imagine even if he doesn't play too many games for city that that opinion won't change :D

Out of respect for the club, why not keep it to himself? If he did get what he considers bad treatment, it's not like it was intentional. Everyone at the club was rooting for him and doing all they thought they possibly could. Having a go at the club that paid him all that money, month after month, for the five minutes of football he ended up giving, wasn't all that bad, was it?

What is it about these players who go to City and can't seem to help themselves from throwing parting shots at clubs that treated them well? We had Tevez of course and all his whines about not being loved, we had Adebyor and his stupid goal celebration running all the way to the Arsenal fans, then more recently we had Nasri moaning about Arsenal supporters, and now this from Owen.

Why can't they stick to talking up the club they have joined. Barbed remarks (or actions) about the clubs they left just comes across as small-minded and disrespectful.

they do have hard lives though bless 'em.

You are better off with sign language with Mr AlfieConn on here,he might understand it . rolleyes.gif

I very much doubt it ,hopeless case. But onto better things. United have drawn Aldershot away in the next round of the Carling Cup. I would imagine they will be very comfortable with that and licking their lips with all that revenue coming in.

good game today, stoke got the best of it. Concerning hargreaves, he was given what is accepted as the approiate treatment for inflamation in ones joints having said that it should be limited as it can cause problems with over use. Not knowing how many treatments he recieved and over what period he recieved them in who is to say they caused a problem. But I do agree they took very good care of him paid his wages and he set on the bench, I would like some of that action. Go ManU

. But I do agree they took very good care of him paid his wages and he set on the bench, I would like some of that action. Go ManU

:D :D

The care they took was no different that any other Premier league would have given :o paid his wages ;) was it in his contract that you didn't have to pay him if he was injured :o

. But I do agree they took very good care of him paid his wages and he set on the bench, I would like some of that action. Go ManU

The care they took was no different that any other Premier league would have given :o paid his wages ;) was it in his contract that you didn't have to pay him if he was injured :o

Aren't clubs also insured against players who get injured?

Aren't clubs also insured against players who get injured?

I'd have thought Ledley King and Woodgate are uninsurable! :D

Isn't there a more needy cause out there than the plight of Premiership football players alfie?

Isn't there a more needy cause out there than the plight of Premiership football players alfie?

40.gif

Not much discussion on yesterdays game on this thread :o .............. i wonder why that is :D

Away to Stoke and with some major reshuffling of the side at the last minute, i didn't think a draw was such a bad result. A point was what both teams deserved.

What is it exactly you want to hear alfie?

Not much discussion on yesterdays game on this thread :o .............. i wonder why that is :D

Away to Stoke and with some major reshuffling of the side at the last minute, i didn't think a draw was such a bad result. A point was what both teams deserved.

I just like to hear a teams supporters discuss their game, win, lose or draw :D

Why?

Why?

Rixy, you don't half ask a lot of questions, did you use to be a policeman :o:D